|Item Weight||8.2 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||15 x 13 x 8 inches|
|Item model number||PR20EVSK|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||1 Year Repair or Replacement of Parts|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $6.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Bosch PR20EVSK Colt Palm Grip 5.6 Amp 1-Horsepower Fixed-Base Variable-Speed Router with Edge Guide
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Variable-speed palm-grip router kit; soft-start and quick-lock systems
- 5.6 amp motor with 15,000 - 35,000 rpm; depth adjustment system and finger support pockets
- Aluminum construction and soft-grip
- Includes palm router, drop-forged collet and shaft wrenches, collet, fixed base, straight-edge guide, case
- 11.8 pounds; 1-year warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Bosch PR20EVSK Colt Palm Grip 5.6 Amp 1-Horsepower Fixed-Base Variable-Speed Router with Edge Guide
|Price||See price in cart||$122.99||$168.99||$199.99|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Dimensions||8 inches x 15 inches x 13 inches||7.3 inches x 5.6 inches x 11.5 inches||19.25 inches x 7 inches x 10.25 inches||0 inches x 0 inches x 0 inches|
|Item Package Weight||8.25 pounds||5.6 pounds||10.35 pounds||11.5 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Includes router, guide, case, base, collets, and shaft wrenches. View larger.
Rubber over-molded grip allows for stable, one-handed operation. View larger.
The PR20EVSK owes its robust performance to a 1.0-horsepower (the highest rating for small routers), 5.6-amp motor that spins at a variable speed of 16,000 to 35,000 RPM and has a soft-start that reduces startup torque. Additionally, depth adjustment is simple with the PR20EVSK: just align and lower the motor and then lock the router in position with the clamping level. Micro-fine adjustments are equally effortless thanks to the wheel on the back of the router's base.
To help you match the correct speed to the job, the included instruction manual features a chart showing the speed of each dial position, along with a list of the routing tasks that each setting may be used for.
User-Friendly Features for Flexibility, Comfort, and Reliability
This user-friendly tool offers simple, straightforward operation. First, the collect accepts standard 1/4-inch bits to give you job flexibility, with an impressive maximum diameter of 1-5/16 inch. For added convenience, a front spindle lock on the motor means easy, one-wrench bit changes, but a shaft wrench is also included for those who prefer to use two wrenches.
In addition, the speed dial is conveniently mounted on top of the tool body for easy access. An added bonus, the motor housing has a palm-shaped, rubber over-molded grip that allows for stable, one-handed operation. Finally, weighing about three pounds, the PR20EVSK offers a surprisingly rugged aluminum fixed base that's durable, solid, and reliable.
Constant Response Circuitry for Stable Motor Speed
This model includes Bosch's "Constant Response" circuitry, which monitors and maintains speed under load for consistent performance and overload protection. Constant Response works by detecting tough loads and then increasing power to maintain the selected RPM. Working with stable speed lets you concentrate on controlling the router, so you'll always make clean, burn-free cuts.
Additionally, a quick-clamp system allows the motor to be easily adjusted and moved from base to base. For further convenience, an angled cord exit keeps the router's cord safely out of your work area.
The PR20EVSK comes with a one-year warranty.
What's in the Box
Router, straight edge guide, carrying case, fixed base, 1/4-inch self-releasing collet, drop-forged collet, shaft wrenches, and instruction manual.
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
As with many tools out today, the manufactors have a reason for suppling instructions for use. Small procedures left out in operation which result in poor results are often blamed on the tool.
Like the old saying goes, " If you make it idiot proof, they just make a better idiot." Buy this tool and you can not go wrong when it is used for what it was intended.
Making hinge morteses is a snap because the router doesn't grab or try to move off track. You can use the edge guide to help you make the mortese straight. All of the cutting so far has been in red oak and oak vineer plywood. It performs well in both.
The bits are easy to change, and the depth is easy to set. A well thought out tool and well worth the price. I use it all the time in my shop now. I wouldn't be without it.
Here's what I like:
1. The soft start feature is nice, and I like having variable speed.
2. The router is comfortable to hold.
3. Cutting depth adjustments (once you figure it out-see below) are easy and accurate (especially compared to the PC laminate trimmer.
4. The router has enough oomph to do what I need it to do. It's not a full sized router nor do I expect it to behave like one.
What I don't (didn't) like, and what I did to make it work for me:
1. The spindle lock is, well, not very good. It's very difficult to hold the lock in place while loosening the collet. Using a small wrench to hold the spindle is the way to go (see other posts).
2. The base locking mechanism didn't seem to work at first...the depth of cut kept slipping. Then I noticed you need to twist the router in its base into the locked position (marked on the housing). If you do this, the depth does not slip.
3. Inserting the router motor in the base is a pain. The small pin in the base needs to align with the slot in the motor housing. The action of installing the motor in the base seems "wrong"...it's not a smooth action and feels like it needs to be forced. By adjusting the locking lever (loosen it) and by paying attention to the locations of pin and slot, I'm almost used to the operation. Maybe after another 100 or so insertions it will be smoother.
4. The square base that comes with the router is too small and it won't take a routing collar. Spend the $10 on the round base...it makes using the router much more pleasant.Read more ›
The first problem and still never resolved was also mentioned by R. Lock "elak57" on an Aprils 20, 2006 review. It has to do with not having the bit perfectly 90deg to the base. Very important for morticing with a guide - the bit kept hitting the guide and took a lot of fussing to work.
Second to go out was the stop lock for the bit change . It just kept slipping making loosing the bit a bear. Dangerously I would just not tighten it down so much so I could get it out later. We got a new tool and have not had this problem yet but the new too...
Third started running erratically. It seamed there was a short at the speed control or at the supply coming into the tool? Sent it back.
Fourth the box is the same size as the jigsaw box. Great right, lots of extra storage, bits and bases. Sure if the router would fit with a bit in it!!! You have to reset the base to its lowest position to fit. And in a hurry I grabbed the wrong box (not really the fault of bosch. dough.)
I LOVE the feel and power of this tool, it has done miles of round overs and freehand mortices but I will go back to my porter cable because this tool has cost so much more in wasted time than 10 porter cable trim routers and the last one we had is 2 years and going.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My Bosch Pr20EVSK Colt Router was delivered on time, the price was low but the quality is tops, and it is designed for one hand use, I am 83 yrs. of age. Read morePublished 25 days ago by Amazon Customer
This is a really nice trim router. For small jobs it's quick and easy to use, and it feels good in the hand during use. Read morePublished 27 days ago by Matt
I never thought I would have to leave a negative review about a Bosch tool. I have many other Bosch products and consider them a super brand. This is the exception. Read morePublished 1 month ago by R. Person
Awesome! Worked like a champ. Stopped prematurely because I was worried I was overheating, but powered through within a few minutes later. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Peter Margison
I love this router and often use it for edging and inlays.
Bosch should make the base plate clear. Read more
This is the second "hand" router I have purchased and by far the better of the two. Easy to adjust and change router bitsPublished 2 months ago by JK