5.0 out of 5 stars Works great - well made
Published on December 3, 2006 by J. Campbell

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings
This Food Processor Attachment came with the MUM7150 I purchased about a three months ago. Although Bosch make many fine products, I am slightly disappointed with this one.
Published on March 6, 2004 by Kyle Hughes

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, March 6, 2004
Kyle Hughes (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bosch MUZ 7 MM2 Food Processor Attachment with Slicing, Shredding, Grating Disks and Disk Holder (Kitchen)
The cutting/mixing blade works like it should and I have chopped everything from nuts to homemade guacamole without any problems. I also like the fact that the bowl easily detaches from the handle and base to go straight to the dishwasher after use. My disappointment with this unit stems around the 3 disks and plastic disk holder. I have attempted to shred/grate parmesan cheese and as the other reviewer found, the cheese did gum up between the disk, plastic holder, and bowl. I have also attempted to shred/grate chocolate. This ended up becoming a melted mess as the blade did more to melt the chocolate than shred it.
Overall, if you are getting this, I would recommend it for the cutting/mixing blade, but find a deep dark place in your cupboards to put the disks and holder. If you are looking for a slicer/shredder for your Bosch MUM 7/MEK 7 Kitchen Machine, I would try the Bosch MUZ 7 TS1 Slicer/Shredder instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great - well made, December 3, 2006
J. Campbell (Sacramento, CA) - See all my reviews
I've had this attachment for over a year now and love it. The clear plastic bowl is dishwasher safe and tough as nails. It also snaps off the white base so you don't have to put the whole thing into the dishwasher. The white base is the only piece that isn't dishwasher safe since it has parts inside of it, but I don't put the blades in the dishwasher (treat them like knives).

I use the momentary ("M") setting for the food processor blade since the "M" setting is at full speed (you need speed!) and it only takes a few seconds to mince stuff (this is one powerful motor!). I use speed 1 for the slicing blade, and speed 2 or 3 for the grating blades since centrifugal force will cause food to stick to the inside of the white disc holder rather than dropping into the bowl if you turn it on too fast. You'll get that with any food processor you buy, however, so this isn't unique to this product.

The base has a special feature that only engages the drive shaft when the top lid is snapped on completely, so this is a nice feature.

Overall, I'm very happy I went with the Bosch Concept system and with this food processor/slicer/shredder.

3.0 out of 5 stars Problem with Cheese, December 10, 2003
Jennifer Wood (Woodstock, Alabama United States) - See all my reviews
I like using this for everything except cheese. My cheese gets all "gummed" up on the star shaped holder and the underside of the blade.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nope...not good., August 15, 2009
Robin Ferguson "KnitKnacks" (Decatur, GA United States) - See all my reviews
The design of this is very poor. I love my Bosch mixer and am ok with my slicer shredder (although very large) but this food processor is not good. The slicing is ok. But let's face it, there are a lot of slicers out there for a fraction of the cost. So the only selling points for this is 1. The grating function and 2. It works with the mixer. While grating the blade feels very "loosey-goosey" due to the way it rides on the PLASTIC carriage. Then came the day when, yep, I dared to press a little too hard and BANG the spindle and carriage breaks rendering it totally busted. YOU CAN NOT PRESS AT ALL WITH THIS FOOD PROCESSOR!!! So you have to let it just feed through on its own momentum which gives you mush. So on to number 2...yes, it fits on the mixer but it sits so high up that I found it quite cumbersome to work with. Bottom line...love Bosch, but pass on this attachment.

1.0 out of 5 stars BAD AMAZON SERVICE, June 17, 2004
"dam43" (MECHANICSBERG, PA United States) - See all my reviews
YOU CAN WAIT FOR UP TO 45 DAYS AND THEN AMAZON WILL TELL YOU OOPS SORRY NOT AVAILABLE... BUT CONTINUE TO LIST SAME AS AVAILABLE FOR SHIPPING IN 1-3 DAYS.... DON'T BUY HERE...USE ANOTHER INTERNET HOUSE TO BUY FROM