4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good setup for the money
I've been contemplating getting around to building a router table for far too long. I've been limping by with my tablesaw router insert. I had gotten a great deal on the Bosch 1617 Plunge/Fixed combo a while back. I thought that this would be a good pair, using the fixed base mounted in the table, with above table adjustment, and the plunge base for handheld use...
Published on October 25, 2006 by J. Sacher

3.0 out of 5 stars Check the table for flatness
Check the table for flatness when you get it! My first one had a high spot about an inch to the left of the table insert. I returned it and the second one did also. I called Bosch and after some time it turns out that they had some production errors. Bosch customer service was very good. I like the design of the table. Hopefully it will work well, but I have had to spend...
Published on October 16, 2007 by JCullen

‹ Previous | 19 10 1130 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Aluminum table top not level, March 22, 2014
This review is from: Bosch RA1181 Benchtop Router Table (Tools & Home Improvement)
Two reasons I bought this table. One, it was made by Bosch, and I expected quality. Two, it has an aluminum tabletop, and it should be perfectly level... the surface has high spots that make it almost impossible to rout a straight groove. I will be contacting Amazon to see if the situation is resolved to my satisfaction. I will be sure to post all results of my inquiries, for all to read.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware of adapter plate, March 19, 2014
Bosch does not support any other router than what is stated. In the operating/Safety Instruction booklet it says under the Determine the Mounting Method to be Used page 15, "If your router is listed in the chart on page 16, proceed to step 1 below. If not listed, you must purchase a Bosch RA1186 Router Adapter Plate, available separately." There is no such item on the market.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works fairly well, January 25, 2014
I purchased this as I have been trimming my entire house, and needed to make several custom trim pieces. I'm using it with a Porter Cable fixed base router, and have found it very easy to adjust the router and fence for a given bit. It was very difficult to level the insert plate initially, and I've had to re-adjust it a few time as it seems to move over time. The biggest issue I've had is hat the front edge of the table is a sharp corner, and I found it was scratching wood that was hanging over the front edge while routing, which s easy to do since the table isn't that big. I resorted to putting a piece of masking tape along the front edge of the table top surface, and that eliminated the wood getting scratched. Overall, it has served the intended purpose.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bosch has an inexpensive bench which is functional with a DeWalt router right out of the box., September 7, 2013
This Benchtop Router Table is made of a lightweight, yet sturdy easy to assemble plastic base. Table assembly is made easy as the directions include a parts list and suggested placement of the various nuts and bolts.

Unfortunately, I did not notice one of the plastic corners of the table was damaged. The damage was discovered as I was assembling the table.Even with the damaged plastic part the table was put into service. The project I was working on needed completion ASAP. The damaged piece did not deter from completing the necessary cuts with the router or the functionality of the table.

Mounting the router was a snap as well. The multi-router compatible mounting ring fit my DeWalt 618 router nicely. It appears that Bosch actually tested the mounting ring with the individual routers listed for compatibility,

The base includes a plug for dust retrieval system, I plugged in a wet/dry vacuum which worked well. If you think its not necessary to collect shavings without some kind of recovery system you can try it. I of course tried the table without a vacuum and eight inches later added a vacuum to the table top collector fitting.

I mounted the benchtop table as suggested to an existing table using metal C-clamps (not included) on the four corners. At first glance I was apprehensive that I could tighten the clamps firmly enough to hold the table in a sturdy fashion. I cranked the clamps down and the plastic corners held up and the table has not budged at all.

The table has large adjustment knobs for the fence. The vertical positioning is smooth. The only minor annoyance to me is that the fence horizontal movement is a little clunky.

All and all a sturdy extremely easy to setup and use router table. I would recommend this router table for anyone needing to setup and use a portable routing table, the day the table arrives. It is functional and portable which leaves the owner free to concentrate on the cuts to be made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent router table., August 19, 2013
Received table last week and took about 2 hours to assemble and level mounting plate. I was concerned about the table not being flat but it is very flat, no bumps or dips. Mounted Craftsman model 320.27683 directly to the plate, no problems at all. I am able to use the height adjustment hole for the Bosch router 1617 with no problem at all...major plus in my opinion.
I think this table will last me many years...definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Rigid, August 16, 2013
Mount fits the Rigid R2200 series perfectly. There is some assembly required but anyone who can read can put it together, it's not hard.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, August 16, 2013
This table for my BOSCH Plunge Router is perfect! I secured it down to my second work table and its at the perfect height to run pieces through stable and not worry about mess ups. Probably the best table for plunge routers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Plastic, but solid., May 23, 2013
Mr. Bill (Brighton, MI) - See all my reviews
When you assemble this product you will see, instantly, what separates Bosch from DeWalt. The instructions are clear, the presentation of the parts perfect and easily understood and the end assembly dead solid. I have had some level of disappointment with every DeWalt product I have ever bought (horrible instructions on my planer stand, jamming transmissions on drills, etc.), yet very rarely one from Bosch. Bosch stuff works.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great router table, May 15, 2013
This router table has all of the features you need to do top quality work. I especially like the dust extraction port for my shop vac to keep the dust away from my work piece. The fact that the router and the shop vac both plug into the table and operate from one switch is great.

3.0 out of 5 stars Close to what I wanted, May 10, 2013
I am only a novice and have almost no router experience. I have a nice Bosch router, and this is an accessory for it. I read the previous reviews, and bought the table. It went together easily, and I silicone cemented the accessory panel and power cord wrap in to the legs to keep them in place after seeing the complaints. They are loose, and the tool storage could easily come adrift.

Update: I have now spent the summer with this router table and I have put a lot of wood through it and I have a couple of additional remarks. The fence system is certainly useable but very time consuming with all of the nuts and bolts, and the feather boards are almost nothing but trouble in use, and they have to be used. The design of the fence could be immensely improved, and I no longer recommend this table. Set up is time consuming past the point of being fun, and I found myself putting off using the table because it was such a pain to set up.

I will eventually replace it with a better, simpler design, probably a Kreg, or I will build my own table.

‹ Previous | 19 10 1130 | Next ›