4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good setup for the money
I've been contemplating getting around to building a router table for far too long. I've been limping by with my tablesaw router insert. I had gotten a great deal on the Bosch 1617 Plunge/Fixed combo a while back. I thought that this would be a good pair, using the fixed base mounted in the table, with above table adjustment, and the plunge base for handheld use...
Published on October 25, 2006 by J. Sacher

3.0 out of 5 stars Check the table for flatness
Check the table for flatness when you get it! My first one had a high spot about an inch to the left of the table insert. I returned it and the second one did also. I called Bosch and after some time it turns out that they had some production errors. Bosch customer service was very good. I like the design of the table. Hopefully it will work well, but I have had to spend...
Published on October 16, 2007 by JCullen

‹ Previous | 19 10 1121 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Only time I've hated Amazon, May 29, 2014
This review is from: Bosch RA1181 Benchtop Router Table (Tools & Home Improvement)
I bought this at the beginning of 2013, hadn't read the reviews about the "flatness" issue, had it assembled, and was ready to use it for the first time when I finally noticed... I returned it for a replacement, checked the replacement for flatness the first weekend after receipt, and found that the replacement's table wasn't flat either. I made the mistake of returning the replacement and requesting a (second) replacement. I ended up out $80 for shipping/restocking and not having a router table. If it had been clear that that was going to be the outcome, I'd had scraped the top to flat (or at least very close to flat) and avoided wasting the money.

If the reason for the return is that the item is defective, it's unfortunate that, given Amazon is the retailer and in a position to intercede on the customer's behalf, defective items are still sold "buyer beware". If you find yourself wanting to return this item, do yourself a favor and either just return it (and buy one from a brick-and-mortar) or try working through Bosch customer service to get the issue resolved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Use your brain people, May 1, 2014
This is for all the bad reviews from people who don't know their head from a hole in the ground. First off this router table is solid. There are many hole patterns and it will fit almost any router. Secondly the aluminum insert is adjustable! There are 4 screws under it to level it with the table. It can be adjusted up or down as need to make it level.

No it is not level out of the box, you have to use your brain to adjust it. It is even in the instruction manual near the end. I have mounted 20 routers to it that are not in the manual with no problems, just align the screw holes, it's not rocket science, really it's not!

2.0 out of 5 stars Aluminum table top not level, March 22, 2014
Two reasons I bought this table. One, it was made by Bosch, and I expected quality. Two, it has an aluminum tabletop, and it should be perfectly level... the surface has high spots that make it almost impossible to rout a straight groove. I will be contacting Amazon to see if the situation is resolved to my satisfaction. I will be sure to post all results of my inquiries, for all to read.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware of adapter plate, March 19, 2014
Bosch does not support any other router than what is stated. In the operating/Safety Instruction booklet it says under the Determine the Mounting Method to be Used page 15, "If your router is listed in the chart on page 16, proceed to step 1 below. If not listed, you must purchase a Bosch RA1186 Router Adapter Plate, available separately." There is no such item on the market.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mine came warped with missing parts!, February 7, 2014
Returning it. Came today and it looks used. Fence is scratched up badly! I put several straight edges (levels) on the top and the top is not at all flush. They all rocked about 1/8th of an inch. Totally unacceptable! Then I get a foreigner on the phone that I have trouble understanding! I'm sure I got somebodies return! Feeling pretty frustrated! Amazon is,of course, taking it back, but what a hassle. They should give me something for my time and frustration. Took me thirty minutes to get everything back in the dang box!! Ugh!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great table..., October 29, 2013
I recently received this Bosch router table & assembled it. Because of a few complaints about the flatness, that was the first thing I checked. It was fine. I had no trouble assembling it, the directions were satisfactory. I mounted mine on a "Workmate" table & it is very solid. I have yet to use it, but I am confidant that it will be just great. Oh yes, I had to drill two holes in the plate for the height adjustment on my Porter-Cable 892 router, but that was a simple task. Nice product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, August 7, 2013
Hooked up a DeWalt router to this and built all of my kitchen cabinets. The table still looks almost new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great router table, July 31, 2013
Perfect for the weekend do it yourself enthusiast. Strudy enough to take on most small to medium jobs, but small and light enough to put in your truck for mobile work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like I expected, July 18, 2013
After assembly I used the router table for the first time to make some base molding. I was very impressed with this table and accessories. Part of my tribute to the router table must go also to thr Bosch 1617 router and the Freud bit. They work seamlessly together.
The base molding I produced was clean sharp and every bit as good as I could buy at a local mill or lumberyard...big box home center.
I was using red oak and it is beautiful after finishing. I didn't feel the need to do any hand sanding because there were no boo boos.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tool!, June 19, 2013
I've mounted both of my routers onto this bench to experiment, and both worked great. Assembled well, good instructions, heavy duty. Mounted table on a pair of DeWalt clamps to work from my DeWalt miter saw saw-horse style portable work bench. Works great this way! Only negative is that table plate needs to be re-leveled every 20+/- hours as apparently, it vibrates (slightly) out of level.

‹ Previous | 19 10 1121 | Next ›