5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!
Published 15 months ago by Up and at 'em

1.0 out of 5 stars One problem after another..
Published 7 months ago by E. Sheehan

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, October 26, 2013
This review is from: Bosch SHX65T55UC 500 24" Stainless Steel Fully Integrated Dishwasher - Energy Star
We couldn't be happier with our new dishwasher. As others have written, it is virtually silent. Dishes, pots, silverware, glassware all cleaned perfectly. This is a new model, and Bosch has redesigned its racks so they are as large as other brands. The 3rd rack allows us to remove the bottom rack's silverware tray, increasing space for larger items. We were concerned about drying, since some have complained about that. Our dishes have been coming out completely dry, using rinse aid, and using the "extra shine" feature. It looks great too, has a sleek, uncluttered front. A winner!

5.0 out of 5 stars Boom, August 7, 2013
PROS: Extremely quite. Almost too quite as in if it wasn't for the info light you wouldn't know it was running. Washes great. Looks great. Dishes come out clean and spotless. Run time is around 2 hours and 15min.

CONS:The electrical cord has a junction box instead of a plug which they conveniently "sell separately" making one have to splice the wire and install their own plug on the end for cheap instead. The junction box they included also did not include all the parts to run conduit into the box itself if one were to install the junction box. The racks also seemed a bit flimsy, we will see how the little plastic pieces stand up over time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dishwasher, May 27, 2014
First, I replaced an old Bosch that sounded like a freight train was in my house when it ran.

Second, the price went up almost $200 since we ordered this a few weeks ago.

Third, I had immediate buyers remorse because I was unsure if it has a power cord or not. I called the seller and spoke to a dude who said it must be hard wired, that Bosch and all manufacturers stopped including power cords (wall plug in) because no one installs them that way, and that I could easily wire it on my own. I noted that my existing Bosch was wired as described, so I reasoned the new one would be no different. I appreciated his candor and talking me out of buying a wall plug.

Fourth, the delivery person showed up with a big hydraulic lift that could only take the machine to my front porch stoop. The dude did not have a way to get it in the house and was surprised I expected him to take it all the way in and that I wanted to inspect it for damage ... I have my own hand truck and he helped me get it in and unpack it. I thought the advertised deal stated they would do that. Oh well, no big deal, but if my wife had been home, she would have been clueless.

Fifth, the seller was wrong about the wiring. It comes with its own junction box and cord in the back that must be mounted external to the alcove the machine goes in. You take your own wire and connect it in ... super simple to do, but I thought I could place it behind the machine ... wrong, the junction box is too wide to do that. Unfortunately for me, I have huge drawers between the dishwasher and kitchen sink and the cord is so short I would have been really bumming. Fortunately, the space between the back of the drawer and wall is wide enough to secure the junction box and all is good. I still had to drill huge 2.5" holes through the walls to get the cords and hoses through ... really no big deal, I happen to have the equipment.

Sixth, water supply line they include it super long and easily reached the hot water supply. I was able to eliminate a daisy chain of flex pipe from the old machine. The drain hose was not as long, or rather, my garbage disposal is even further away, so I used some of the old drain tubing because there is a minimum height requirement the hose must be from the cabinet floor. Again, my setup must not be typical with those drawers in the middle.

Seventh point, it is not silent because the sink drains are open. I can hear the drains gurgling away when water is being flushed, but the machine itself is very quiet. Even in daylight that big red dot is lit on my kitchen floor to tell me it is running. I've found when I have anything else on and the drain is not gurgling, I really can't tell it is on. I've already made the mistake once of opening it despite the light being on because I was sure it was not working. It was in fact running. I was again unsure yesterday and put my ear up against the door to hear it running.

Eighth and final point, the dishes do come out really clean. I have not read the manual yet. I just have it set to Auto and hit Start. I'm sure it does more, but I really only want a machine that cleans the dishes and is quiet. Plus the stainless steel finish and hidden controls make it super sleek.

1.0 out of 5 stars One problem after another.., June 19, 2014
E. Sheehan "eilsheehan" (Albany, CA United States) - See all my reviews
We were so excited to buy this Bosch 24" 500 Series Built in Dishwasher August 2013. Unfortunately, we have had nothing but problems since purchase. We've spent weeks without the dishwasher working, waiting for parts or repairs. First, we had trouble getting it installed properly. It kept coming loose in the cabinet - attributed to bracket problems. Then we've had problems with draining. A pump broke. A wheel on the bottom rack vanished and we don't put pans in the dishwasher. We keep getting error messages - E24?? We are not sure whether to ask for a replacement or simply buy a different dishwasher altogether. I wish we could rate the dishwasher well and give it a good rating but sadly, we cannot. This dishwasher is not a credit to Bosch. I miss our old reliable Maytag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean dishes! Love the 3rd rack, November 20, 2014
Super clean dishes compared to my prior KitchenAid and Whirlpool dishwashers. I have only had this dishwasher for 1 month, so I cannot comment on the reliability. However, after looking at Consumer Reports and asking 3 different appliance repairmen, Bosch dishwashers supposedly have the least number of problems.

Bosch does NOT have heat dry (which I never used anyways) which is fine with me.

This model does NOT have a food motor that chops up residual food, but it does have an easy to clean filter. By not having the extra motor, it is quieter than most dishwashers and is one less item to break on you.

The top 3rd rack can fit tons of chopsticks and flat utensils.

The utensil basket has tons of holes for placing A LOT of silverware.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Dishwasher, December 3, 2014
Just got this dishwasher - love it!. Cleans well, is very quite. Has a "auto" button where the dishwasher assesses the appropriate wash time.