4.0 out of 5 stars Minimal Complaints
Published on May 30, 2012 by grumpy09

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with Bosch
Published on April 1, 2011 by Greg W

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with Bosch, April 1, 2011
This review is from: Bosch WAS24460UC Axxis 2.2 Cu. Ft. White Stackable Front Load Washer - Energy Star
I have been tremendously disappointed by Bosch, not only because my machine has stopped working, but because they do not honor their warranty and their customer service reps do not seem like they care. I purchased my Bosch machine last July (2010) and it broke at the end of December. It is now April and I still am stuck with a washer that doesn't work. We have had factory service repairmen in on four occasions now. Each time they come they can't fix it and tell me they need to order another part. Ordering a part takes several days, then you have to wait several days to schedule an appointment. In our most recent appointment, the repairman pretty much admitted that it was unlikely the next part was going to fix it, but he wasn't authorized to do anything more until he tried. This cycle is unending and my time and inconvenience does not seem to matter to anyone. When I call Bosch customer service, they are not helpful and so far have been unwilling to replace the machine despite months without a working machine and multiple repair visits. I am likely going to have to just buy a new washer. It certainly will not be Bosch.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible reliability, July 23, 2011
Heng YU (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
I bought this machine not from amazon, but from Sears Canada. I live in Toronto.
After 2 weeks' usage, the machine died with "F43" error indicating "motor malfunction". I called the repairing service. It took over 1 month and 3 visits to make it work again. For this request, they first ordered a motor, and then found the problem was not on the motor. Then they ordered a control unit, and after they replaced this unit, the washer ran again.
But it was only good for less than 2 weeks. This time there is no error code, and timer decrements. But the motor is not moving. So I have to call Sears again.
It is hard to imagine a brand new washer broke twice within the first 3 months. The time that I wait for repairing is even longer than the time I am able to use it.
Besides the horrible reliability, the user manual is poorly written. The letters are small, and and the figures are hard to understand. There are "go to page xx" everywhere.
I always want to show due respect to Germany engineering, but it turns out they are dumping garbage to North American market.

4.0 out of 5 stars Minimal Complaints, May 30, 2012
I had a BOSCH since 2003 and it finally went out. Expense to repair was almost as much as a new one. Due to age we purchased a new WAS24460UC. After reading all the bad reviews, I was really scared it was going to malfunction but due to my good experience with my first one, we took the chance. We have had it since February with no problems. Remember, it is a compact. I was use to the small capacity so I knew not to overload. I will only wash 2 pairs adult jeans at a time. Three bath towels and 3 wash clothes. I have huge sheets so only one at a time. It does take longer but that is what a compact can handle. Very little soap and clothes softner, if to much is used, it will cause problems. I do agree with the comment about all the preset functions. My old one had very few settings and I could change water temperature, spin speed and time myself no matter what clothes setting it was on. I liked that much better. This has so many settings but I only use a few. The rubber should be wiped dry where it drains the water out on the bottom after use. Leaving the door open a bit will also prevent any mold from forming as it will allow the washer to dry out. So far, I am very happy with my machine and I love front loads.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with it for 5 years now, January 24, 2014
I got the Bosch Axxis plus washer and dryer in Jan 2009. Selected this model because I really wanted a front-loader but there were space considerations, and had to have it special-ordered (from Lowe's). Also, I only have one 220V outlet, but the dryer plugs into the washer so that wasn't an issue.

I've been very happy with my choice - it washes really well, has all the options I've ever needed and it's not loud. I like to pull the detergent drawer after each wash so that it dries well and I also use a microfiber cloth to wipe the gasket folds after use. After 5 years of use the gasket is as good as new.

I also don't share the load considerations mentioned in another review, for whites it handles a normal size load just fine - i.e. king size bed sheets, pillow cases, and 4-5 midsize towels. Washing just 2 pairs of jeans for me would be an inefficient use of water.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dorr will not open, August 8, 2010
We have had this washer and dryer for about a year.The dryer works fine. The cloths come out gray and just plain dirty. The washer doesn't get them clean. Today, the washer locked up, literally, the door will not open. We read the manual and took the advised steps. We get a message E13 which says the drainb is clogged. I took the drain tube out of the drain and placed it in the wash tub. It is cle3ar. Still, the same message. No Bosh phone availability on week-ends. We'll call tomorrow, Monday, and see it there is a solution. I doubt it. A continuing saga!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't even think about buying a Bosch product., November 16, 2014
I have owned this piece of crap washer since 2005 and it has failed numerous times. I spend more than $1,200.00 in 2005 for a hunk of junk. The motherboard failed just after the warranty was up at the 3 year mark. Then it started vibrating and making more noise like a jet engine. The dryer version of this product is equally bad. If I were a German engineer, I would be embarrassed.
To add insult to injury, Bosch customer service does not care about their customers. They are quick to tell you that a service call will cost you $99 and that covers the first 18 minutes. After that, it will cost you $120.00 an hour just for the repairman's time. And then there are the very expensive parts. Bottom line...don't buy Bosch products. I now understand why my appliance repairman of 30 years told me that he won't service Bosch products and he wished me good luck in finding a repairman who would not take me to the cleaners. Shame on Bosch!

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst ever, January 17, 2011
I have had front load washers all my life. Both full size and compact. This machine does a very good job at cleaning and I love the soak cycle (an option that is very hard to find) and is the main reason I purchased this machine. All front load washers have some whine to them when they spin. This machine is way past a whine. The spin is so loud it gives me a headache. Repair was just out here on Saturday and replaced the motor for the 5th time and the noise is still there. I truly can't believe Bosch would design such a flop. If you have the machine out in the garage you should be fine, but it you have it in the house I'd suggest you buy a different machine. If not for the noise, I'd give it 5 stars.

2.0 out of 5 stars build-up of mildew, May 30, 2013
This machine came with the house. It is efficient, but there are a couple of downsides: you cannot use bleach, it vibrates a lot, and there is a build-up of mildew in the door gasket. I have tried to keep it clean, wipe it out after every load and let the insides air dry, but to no avail. I do a lot of cold water washing, which others claim contributes to the mildew, but it does not get much better after hot washes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Scond laundry station only, September 30, 2014
I've had the Axxis Bosch stacking washer and dryer for 4 years now. When I started having problems with it I found help online and only had a service person out once. When it overflowed it was a major issue... soaked right down to the subfloor. Now I have a little frog that will squeal if the floor is wet. Very high tech ;-) The best thing is the size. It was the only set at the time that would fit in the only closet with plumbing access. After the leak, I put down waterproof sheeting then some heavy duty rubber (the kind you see in commercial gyms) along with tiles. So when it shakes, rattles and rolls, I don't worry about the whole thing jumping out of the closet!

Don't try to use this for more than a small load of wash. I found out that most appliance repair people around here won't work on the Bosch machines anymore. I guess it is hard to get parts. So before you buy this check that out. The dryer like most new dryers doesn't really fully dry the clothes. Invest in a drying rack. When the washer won't drain or spin out enough water.. or the dryer gives me the dreaded "F something or other" message... and refuses to work, I am able to give them a 'rest' for a month because this is not my only laundry but for small washes... no sheets or towels. Ultimately a time out for these is akin to kicking it ... and it miraculously starts to work again.

I would not buy another one even as a secondary laundry. Keep shopping. Given a do over I would remodel the house before I would replace these!

1.0 out of 5 stars I HATE this washer and dryer., September 26, 2014
Nancy (Fort Valley, VA, United States) - See all my reviews
I have just spent a great deal of time trying to accomplish one lousy load of wash in my new (10 months) Bosch washer and dryer. YUCK! I hate them! I put a lightweight, small throw blanket in with other laundry and, though it spun just fine after the wash cycle, would not spin after the rinse cycle. I ended up having to take the blanket out and let it drip all over my deck, while I spun the rest of the laundry. The dryer is one of the weakest dryers I've ever had. It takes an hour and twenty minutes to fully dry a load. The washer smells terrible and stinks up the clothes in spite of the fact that I leave both the door and the detergent add door open for hours after every load, and I prop them open with a rolled up cloth all the rest of the time. The fabric softener slot stays full of water and doesn't drain. It often unbalances in a standard load spin cycle and shakes the entire house. I could wash dog beds, sleeping bags, and anything else in my Maytags previously. Now I have to go to a laundramat to wash anything out of the ordinary. I've never been so sorry that I bought something in my entire life. And to think I retired my terrific top-loading Maytags because my husband was sure we should have front loaders. I could have done this latest wash quicker if I had done it by hand and hung it on the line. I complained to them about various problem early on and they never responded, much less do anything about it.