Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on November 12, 2012
I've been using this cable for my QC15s for about 2 years now.... I mostly use it only when I am flying, but I do fly more than the average user. My Guess is that I've probably used the cable for about 3 to 4 weeks of regular use.

I have used it successfully with a number of different devices including the iPhone 4, 4s, and 5 as well as the iPad 2 and 3. Sound quality on both the mike and on the headset is great.

My only complaint is that the strain relief on the cable is somewhat lacking on the device end. The design at the point where it connects to the headset is fine, but down where it connects to the phone they have a strange almost-right angle connection that seems to put a lot of strain on the cable and I can see the copper wires as the sheathing has broken on it. I'll add some electrical tape but that kinda sucks on a $30 cable designed to be attached to a $300 set of headphones.

Without this problem I would have given them 5 stars. But given this problem and given that they clearly know how to do good strain relief since they have it on the other end of the cable, I deducted 2 stars.

Though I have to admit that I would consider using the same cable again when this cable goes. I like being able to use it to make calls when I'm already listening to music with my headphones.
on June 21, 2012
Works great with a pair of Quietcomfort 2 headphones (yes the old model from Bose) and with an iPhone 4 or iPad 3. On the other hand, the cheap rubber plastic construction of the cables is not going to last long. Just like other Bose accessories for the QC.
on June 19, 2012
These work really well with my iphone 4S. I work in a data center, and I could not use the older bose microphone because it would pick up the loud ambient noise in the pods. However, these cancel out the noise enough that people can hear me on the other end. Also, the controls work seamlessly. You can control both your music and siri.
on July 23, 2013
After a year of everyday use and few instances where I accidentally yanked it from the headphones, my original cable got old and part of the sheathing that meets the connector into the headphones came loose - I chalk it up to wear and tear because that is the only problem I have had with the QC15 headphones. I ordered a replacement and I am very happy to see that the design of the bit where the sheathing came loose before has now been seemingly improved and appears as though the same problem I encountered with the stock cable will be much harder to duplicate. It works with my iPhone, iPad, 160GB iPod Classic, iMac and MacBook Pro exactly as expected.

And a quick note for those giving this accessory low ratings because it does not work as a microphone and/or remote for their Android and other non-certified non-Apple products: Read the Bose literature regarding what this cable is designed and certified to work with. I will quote Bose to do my part to lessen any confusion and help set realistic expectations:

"For use with: The remote and mic are supported only by iPod nano (4th generation and later), iPod classic (120GB, 160GB only), iPod touch (2nd generation and later), iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2, and 2009 models or later of MacBook and MacBook Pro. The remote is supported by iPod shuffle (3rd generation and later). Audio is supported by all iPod models."

That statement of support was written in 2011. That being the case, I can say that this cable and its mic and its remote are also fully functional with the iPhone 4S, the iPhone 5, the third- and fourth-generation iPads, and my newest iMac and MacBook Pro. I can also say that while I do not own either, the remote and mic on this cable work perfectly with the iPad mini and the latest iPod Touch that I have let my friends and family use it with.

So if you are using any device that is not listed above, and the mic and/or remote do not work, then that is why Bose shipped the headphones with an additional standard audio cable and headphone jack (sans remote and mic). It is not fair to badmouth Bose because you hoped that this cable would work the way you wanted it to with an unsupported device. (BTW: Just because it may have ended up working in some capacity at some time in the past with some random and unsupported device does not mean it all of a sudden and very automagically now supports that random device and any similar devices to be come after it.)

Set your expectations and order this specific product only if you plan on using it with a supported Apple product or the latest Apple products that it is known to work with (those Apple products which state that they work with the iPhone headphones).
on January 6, 2013
This is just a substitute cable with a microphone so that you can use you QC15's with a phone. Works well. I had been looking for such a product, and was glad to find that Bose now makes it.
on December 11, 2012
It's a cord for your bose headphones. If yours if fraying like mine was, or you simply want an upgrade, I would reccomend these.
I've found it's very nice to be able to control my music with it. Never used an inline remote before.
Have not tried the MIC.
My only complaint is that when you spend this much on headphones, you expect that the cord would have lasted a bit longer and maybe a free replacement vs making your customers shell out this much money to replace it.
on January 1, 2013
This was an easy replacement for an old quiet comfort 2 cable that had a bent audio jack. This cable was billed as fitting, but I had to trim a small piece of plastic away to fit an older model which did not have a channel to accommodate that tab. (Circa 2004-5). Either way, it was easy to remove it with a pair of pliers and an exacto.

The microphone is quite nice, and the cable length is good, though a bit long for my use. It does have a right angle jack for the device, which is not so great with a smartphone in your pocket.
on April 16, 2013
There's a raised notch, about 1/2 inch long, on the headphone end of this cable that prevents it from fitting into my old QC2 headphones. I would have to file/saw/grind the notch off in order to get it to fit into the slot--that's in order to even *see* if it would work. No thanks.

I'm happy the other reviewers got theirs to fit, but I'm guessing it didn't work without modification, unless their headphones were of a different design. Caveat emptor.

I can't give this item a fair evaluation, since I wasn't able to try it. But there's no option to not give a star rating, so three stars it is--right down the middle.
on May 17, 2014
This works very well with the Bose Quietcomfort headphones which I already own.

It replace an inexpensive Panasonic headset that had worked okay, but was flimsy and not all audio on conference calls could be understood. I needed something better and was prepared to spend more.

So I chose the Bose microphone cable alternative compatible with the Bose headphones I already own.

With this inline microphone cable, with Bose headset, audio is clear and loud. Listeners on other end comment on clarity even using iPhone mobile device.

To use with the home phone, had to buy separately from a third party a 3.5mm Smartphone Headset to 2.5mm Adapter. I should have anticipated that need, or Amazon could have suggested. In my view, it is a $1 item that should have been included based on probable uses for the cable.

Like all Bose products, the cable microphone is premium priced without discount. It is a gripe I've learned to live with.
on February 14, 2013
I needed a new cable for my Bose QuietComfort 15s and figured I'd go with the branded one for the quality factor. It arrived and works well but doesn't have that quality feel that I'd expect from a Bose brand cable. It does the job though but it's definitely overpriced. Seems they make the jack very recessed to prevent you from using a standard 3.5mm cable.