4.0 out of 5 stars Great product
Published on September 18, 2012 by Erika

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Limited ipod controls
I feel duped by the connect kit. All the connect kit does is give a lineout from the Ipod over the proprietary Ipod connector. It uses an oversized AC adapter just to do the same job as those small cell phone connector that charges over USB.

Published on March 4, 2009 by C. Wong

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Limited ipod controls, March 4, 2009

The remote is even more horrible since all it can do is play, fastforward and rewind. There is no ipod menu controls so it is impossible to navigate the ipod with the remote. (The playlist controls are useless and yes i know how they work)

Save your money and just get a 3.5mm jack connector from the ipod to the aux in of bose wave system. If you seriously want a dock then stick to apple's

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, November 2, 2009
Same thing can be done by connecting a 10 $ ipod aux connect cable. that plays ipod through wave just as well.
So save your 100 dollars and buy a cheap ipod to aux connect cable instead.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, September 18, 2009
I was very disappointed after buying this item for $100, and then finding out you can't even set it to "wake to ipod", which is the main reason I bought it. A lot of money for something that does very little.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Money, September 14, 2009
Jason "Jason" (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
The first review is right on accurate not much more to add. It is a complete waste, the only benefit is that the color will sort of match you Wave Radio and it says Bose. Regarding the plug it is one of those large rectangular converters, horrible to look at not to mention takes room from other plugs. The only difference in controller that comes with the Wave and the control with this connector kit is that the auxiliary button now has a picture of an iPod.

Bose must have rushed this product to market because it is definitely not what I expected from Bose - huge disappointment!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not functional, October 13, 2009
The AC adapter is really big, and the controls in the remote are not useful for the ipod. This product certainly is not worth 99.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth $100? No. Free? Yes., March 1, 2010
I recently got a wave music system as a gift. The iPod connect came free as a promotion offer. I already had a regular iPod dock. The only advantage to this is that it let's you flip through playlists on a touch or iPhone. The playlist feature does not work with my iPod video.

The best feature about the connect is that you get one remote for the system v. 2.

The value of this dock is really incremental. Since the Bose wave music system alarm cannot wake to aux or iPod, the only reason to get this is because it is free.

The Bose wave system itself has good sound for an iPod dock. Only the Bose sound dock 10 or B&w Zeppelin, sounds better, but neither have a built in alarm or radio or CD player. The Bose wave is easily the best overall Alarm clock with an iPod interface. The Polk isonic (which I also own) sounds MUCH better, but is a very very buggy product. So I feel the wave system is worth it. This connector is good if you can get it for free or included with the wave.

3.0 out of 5 stars ipod docking not just for Bose wave radio, July 18, 2012
This review is from: Wave Connect Kit (Electronics)
Brought this for docking station to complement my WaveRadio III.
Simple to connect - Two audio RCA jacks plug into any auxillary audio connection (does not have to be a Bose wave radio)and a power outlet, thats it. Plug and play!
Charges the iPod/iPhone device when not is use.
If you use the docking station on another audio receiver, you will need to use the wave radio remote to control the docking station.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, September 18, 2012
Erika "EP" (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wave Connect Kit (Electronics)
The Wave Connect Kit is constructed with quality. It plays very well with my Wave III system. It was also easy to install. I have a couple of issues with it, hence the 4 star rating. First, I had to remove my iPhone from its Otterbox casing to place it in the docking station. Second, when playing my MP3 songs from my Amazon Prime account app, I noticed a song will stop mid-way for no reason and revert to showing that my iPhone is charging. Not sure if that is my iPhone itself, the Amazon app, or the Wave Connect Kit. Had to remove the iPhone, log in, press play on the song, then re-dock the iPhone. Then the song resumes playing. Lastly, a minor suggestion for Bose; they may want to update their instruction manual of the Wave Connect Kit to list the actual iPhone as compatible. It only lists the iPod. Other than that, I'm very happy I purchased this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ripoff, December 5, 2010
Tim C (Phoenix, AZ) - See all my reviews
Like a number of other products from Bose, this is a complete ripoff. Why are they charging $99 for a $9 connector ? Because they can.

Bose made great products upto the 80s and early 90s. Then they learned a lesson from Apple. Make trendy looking products and advertise like hell using catchwords like "lifelike" and "spacicous" and "direct/reflecting" ..that mean absolutely nothing, and charge through the nose. People will pay.

Back to the dock. You don't necessarily require a digital connection for your iPod, and especially not a proprietary digital connection like "Bose Link". An analog connection will be more than sufficient. Yesterday I got a $35 Gigaware iPod dock from Rdio Shack and using a $6 stereo to 3.5mm cable from Target, I hooked up my iPod to the Wave radio. Works beautifully! Not to mention a remote that's more capable than Bose's.

PS: I am not trashing Bose. They make ok products which should not be confused with audiophile products. I own a pair of Bose 601 series III floor standing speakers that were made in the late 80s. They were outstanding in their day and even today hold their own against some very respectable brands. But their prices today have no bearing on reality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but the 'mote does not work with Wave CD-3000, October 26, 2010
We have a 10 year old Bose Wave, model CD-3000. It is the tall unit, single CD player, no clock radio function. It is the best sounding bookshelf stereo in the world and we love it. It works fine, so why replace it?

We use our Apple iPod touch 32 GB (4th Generation) NEWEST MODELs with it by just connecting a cable from the iPod to the Wave aux inputs. It sounds great, but is somewhat of a pain to use because the Bose remote only controls the Wave and we have to walk over to the system to pause the iPod or to move to the next song or next playlist. This is particularly a drag at parties on the deck (the Wave sounds great outside, too).

We have a Bose® SoundDock® 10 digital music system in the living room and a Klipsch iGroove SXT Speaker System for iPhone and iPod (Black) in the bedroom upstairs. Our goal is to get an iPod docking sound system in each room, so we can just carry our iPods around the house.

So I ordered a Wave Connect Kit for the iPod. Pricey, but the perfect fit: one 'mote to rule them all, and charging for the iPod.

Imagine my dismay when I discovered that the remote that came with the kit will control the iPod just fine, but doesn't work at all with our Wave! It turns out, somewhere along the line, some genius in Bose product engineering (probably a new hire straight out of MIT) changed the codes that the remote uses. ("Heck, remotes are kept with just one system. The old codes are sooo messy. I'll just revise them all and add in the new functions and Everything Will Be Better. Who cares about backward compatibility...")

If I was willing to use two remotes, everything would be fine. Sorry, there are already too many 'motes in this house, and that is even with Logitech Harmony One Universal Remote with Color Touchscreens spread about. I even get dizzy over the complexity, not to mention the rest of my family.

Bose was happy to take the kit back and refund my money, but I am still bummed.

Wave Connect Kit