5.0 out of 5 stars The best, by far, on its range
Published on August 8, 2012 by E. SAUCEDO

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound and Comfort. Quality not so good
Published on October 16, 2012 by Sheldon

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound and Comfort. Quality not so good, October 16, 2012
This review is from: Bose MIE2 326223-0120 Mobile Headset (Black) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I have had 2 pairs of Bose MIE2's now. I will be on my 3rd soon. Both sets I have already had (Thank you Best buy for a $20 replacement plan) the jacket around the cable that leads into the ear bud where the flexible cord meets the hard plastic has come apart. Both pairs have done this now. I wear these earbuds for 6-8 hours a day. I love the comfort. I love the sound. A+ and standard Bose greatness there. The quality of the product is where I have a problem. I paid $130 for the ear buds and $20 for replacement plan. Right at 14-16 months both pairs had the same failure. I go to best buy and pay $20 a year to get replacements because I took them to the Bose store and after 12 months they will replace them for 1/2 off. Way to stand by your product Bose. If it wasn't for the $20 replacement plan at Best Buy I would never buy these again. For me both times the black/white jacket pulled out of the hard plastic ear bud and then separated so the bare wires were showing inside.

I love these earbuds but just plan on buying a new pair every 16 months because that is as long as mine has made it.

Update Sep 03 2013
- Pair 3 did the exact same thing next to the 3.5mm jack. It has now officially happened on a 3 pairs I have had in 3 different spots. Bose is suppose to be sending me replacements because these are only 8 months old.

Thanks

S

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, by far, on its range, August 8, 2012
I got these a month ago. Did not sounded as expected out of the box, had to try all combinations of tips and finally decided that the small one on the left ear and the medium size on the right was the best fit. Then, a two overnight burn in... These became the best sounding earbuds or headphones I have ever heard. I own a pair of Klipsch Image S4a, Klipsch Image One, Audio Technica ATH M50, Polk 2000 and V-Moda Remix. Perhaps, only the M50's stand a chance against this Bose magnificent piece of equipment. Absolutely flawless on hi's, mids and lows, bass is just perfectly balanced and not as overwhelming as Bose's usually are.
Since I got them, I have been very hard on them, carrying them on my pocket, stepping on, leaving inside car with harsh sun and playing them for 6 or 7 hours daily at work....Use them on car also and the mic works flawlessly. Use Jay's Headset App for Android users and you will be able to use the one button control to do everything: play, pause, next track, previous track, volume, etc...
Just amazing. I am not a Bose fan and think that many of their products are overpriced, most of their Life Style products specially. I own a custom built KEF Home Theater and would never spend on any Bose for this matter. But this set is way over the top and worth every penny...Oh, and the comfort, it's just as almost listening to music ear naked, no earbud even gets close in this area.
If you get a defective set just exchange it, remember this can happen with any product and don't pound on the brand.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE JULY 2013

I still got this set and still working as like new product, outstanding. However, I must say that I have move on to higher end products like the Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro (closed back, for use at the office) and DT 990 Premium (opened back, for use at home), which just provide unparallel sound, especially the DT 990. As far as earbuds go, these Bose still are the best and the most comfortable the market offers, although now I used them only in the car and at the gym.

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST earphones for my new iPhone 4S, July 1, 2012
I simply cannot believe how good these earphones sound. From classical to pop to rock, the sound quality is fantastic. FINALLY, a product that really delivers pristine sound, truly comfortable (can barely feel them!) earphones that I can wear when walking or biking, and a microphone for phone calls. Seems like it's taken forever for someone to develop a product of this caibre. Why am I not surprised that it's Bose? Maybe they're on track to developing bluetooth earphones that work as well as these? One can only hope!

1.0 out of 5 stars Great, while it lasts..., December 14, 2012
I received these ear buds as a Christmas gift in 2011 and 12 short months later the jacket to the ear buds is peeling away in pieces. The peeling started approximately six months into ownership the jacket started to crack. I held out doing anything until today when I just could not take it any more. I called Bose and they have a great warranty program and was able to replace an upgrade to the sport pair of head phones.

I was informed that the MIE2 head phones were not designed for any sort of moisture and the "Sport" head phones were brought out for this reason. This doesn't impress me. Bose is a premium brand bought at a premium price. The choose to pick a less expensive material that just would not last. I am disappointed in Bose, but grateful for their customer service.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sound quality = great....mic quality = terrible, November 14, 2012
Since I work remotely, I take my conference calls using my cell phone with a headset. I needed a good headset that would allow my meeting participants to hear me well, and for me to hear them clearly since many of my international project team members are ESL. These earphones cannot be beat from a sound quality - crisp, sharp and well-modulated, and the ear buds fit into my ear without falling out. However, the microphone is a different story. I have heard repeatedly that I sound very "far away" and unclear, severe enough to interfere with meeting productivity. When I remove the headset, I can be heard perfectly. When I tried the headset on a friend's cell phone, I had the same bad result. I would love these as regular ear phones, but as a headset, they were a bad purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Subpar durability for premium price, September 6, 2014
This set of earphones are the worst I have ever bought by far. I have had them now for about a year. The outer part of the cable is broken or flaking of at almost every joint. This are going to be my first and last Bose anything. The sound quality is comparable with other earphones that cost way less money; and the durability is not any better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, meh quality., January 24, 2013
D-T-D "Mister Don" (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
For a cellphone headset, Bose MIE2 is the best option for me.

- Good audio quality for a cellphone headset. Music, Talk radio, Conversation, you name it.
- Reliable mic.
- Not an in-ear headset that is quite popular nowadays. (Anything that had to be pushed into ear canal is uncomfortable in my book.)
- Comfortable earbud design that actually stays in your ear.

Unfortunately, 13-14 months later, due to Bose shoddy manufacturing, the jacket of the cable connecting to one of the earbuds gave out. It was out of warranty so Bose won't replace the headset, and CitiCard refused to honor its so-called "extended" warranty as it's a physical damage.

It's either I throw this headset away and spend another $130, or I find a way to fix the problem.
Fortunately, someone on the interweb recommended Electrical Liquid Tape for this kind of problem. I applied the tape where the jacket came off, and all other connecting points, and it seems like I've made this headset more durable than ever.

Pro tip :
- Buy extended warranty. It will surely come handy on this Bose headset as others are seeing this kind of problem a couple of months after warranty expires.
- This unique design takes sometime to get used to. But once you're used to it, it's golden!
- It's not an in-ear headset. Only a tiny part of the earbud protudes into ear canal.
- It doesn't reduce noise, so it is a bit safer using it while walking around. (You get to hear what's happening around you.)
- Even though the mic is reliable, if you're in a noisy environment, the other party will have a hard time hearing you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound with some Android control, August 4, 2012
I actually bought these for business use. My mobile phone is my primary line for everything. I need my mobile line to sound as good (or better) than a landline. So I was seeking out the best and I found it.

Voice clarity (for both the buds and the mic) on calls is absolutely outstanding. After you use stereo headphones for calls you'll never want to go back to a single earbud. Works great for music as well.

Bought this for Android and found that it has some degree of control: Single click for pause; double click for next track. Can't change volume from the headphone, but this isn't a real problem as it's very easy to adjust volume on my mobile devices.

Bose support is excellent. While I have't have any problems with these, when I've needed repair/replacement on other Bose products it has been very easy.

The only real con is the price, which is remarkably high. But you have to pay to play.

1.0 out of 5 stars Be aware. Does not work anymore with Android, October 2, 2013
I had the previous version of this headset and it worked fine with my Samsung Galaxy Note. The new version of this head set only
supports the audio function, but not the microphone. This is very disappointing, and not clearly advertised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best headphones out there, September 30, 2012
They're small, lightweight, wonderful audio quality, extremely comfortable, they're great to just leave by the computer for anytime you need to listen to something, very easy to place in ears. Also good for the gym, small caveat is that they don't block outside noises; they are not meant to be noise isolating.