3-Year Home AV Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Bose 251 Environmental Outdoor Speakers (Black)
|Price:||$398.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Take these speakers with you anywhere you want to have great sound quality
- Set them up by the pool, or on the workbench, or anywhere an extra-durable speaker is needed
- A water-resistant composite casing makes these tough enough to handle blistering heat or deadly cold
- The articulated array speaker design makes for clearer sound in areas like workshops or basements
- For extra powerful sound, it has a multi-chamber bass enclosure
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Brand Name: Bose
- Model Number: 24643
- Color: Black
- Speaker Type: Outdoor; Indoor; Wall-Mount
- Speakers Maximum Output Power: 100
Top Customer Reviews
The true benefit of bose is the "jedi mind tricks" they use to create acoustic chambers inside an enclosure to expand bass. They don't use high spec components but instead high tech design to maximize what they use. These 251's are made of a high quality rigid epoxy type enclousre with its 5 inch bass/mid cone mounted sideways INSIDE firing sidways into a chamber. You don't see it. Bass when compressed and ported thru a chamber gets exaggerated. Thats how bose sounds bigger then they are.
When we moved I took my 4 251's with me and installed them in a new 16 x 20 screened in patio using two volume switches hooked up to my 65per watt old Yamaha INtegrated amp from college. Nothing fancy using decent speaker cables to them makes them sound great. Certainly you don't need 4 of these for such a small space but I had them anyway and Overkill is part of the sterophonic/home theatre fun! If you go to fine restaurants with great accustics you'll notice you can talk at your table without lots of noise and the music system is very effective. They do this by having many speakers with the idea of having flood quality sound at low levels. This is what I can do in this space and it sounds great. Sure I can play it loud and it sounds great but at low volume the speakers design works to acomplish my goal. They don't use fancy tweeter, just two in an array to widen the sound stage. I have my speakers at the corners with the tweeters on the bottom (closer to the ear) but the bass end in the corner using the wood ceiling as a sort of additional base chamber with further warms the sound. I tried different placements and like this set up best.Read more ›
The sound is good - as you would expect, not as much bass as equivalent 100W floor-standing speakers, but very good when you consider that these speakers are designed for all weather conditions.
That being said, at $358/pair, these speakers are not cheap and I am sure there is a significant portion of the price in the Bose name.
Bottom line: I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the performance, but I'm not sure they are the best value for money.
These are Bose's 251 outdoor speakers. They're pretty hefty indeed, weighing at 8lbs each and are solidly built. Each speaker has 3 drivers: two 2.5" drivers and one 5.25" woofer.
I examined the speakers carefully. The lower part of the speakers consists of the two 2.5" drivers facing obliquely away from each other. If you look through the metal grille you can see them. I had thought the speaker was too narrow to fit the woofer in and the woofer is actually in the back which I thought was a circular resonance chamber, but is actually what Bose calls a proprietary multi-chambered enclosure.
1) The drivers facing away from each other gives the sound a wide dispersion area, which Bose calls Articulated Array® speaker design with precisely positioned drivers. You can walk around and still feel the full effect of the sound because you've got 4 drivers facing different directions, pretty much.
2) Bose calls the 2.5" drivers full-range drivers. I can go with that, as much as 2.5" drivers can be full range.
3) The woofer outputs its bass out of the narrow rectangular vertical openings to the sides of the drivers. If you look through the grill you can see them.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I can't believe it, but I've had mine 15 years. They still sound great. For those of you on the fence, the fact that you're reading this means you understand that music is one of... Read morePublished 21 days ago by Techsan
Not as good quality as older models - the old 151s were far tougher, but are now discontinuedPublished 3 months ago by J. Goldberg
Exactly what you would expect from Bose. Good deep sounds, holds up to weather. Good sound distribution.Published 3 months ago by Karen Dorman
Love them, only critique is they don't articulate horizontally, only vertically so that was an issue for my deck. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Shawn Demeule
Bose has done a great job with these speakers. I have a 1 acre lot and the back yard is filled with amazing clear sound. Read morePublished 4 months ago by cd768