Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

on June 28, 2014
I have a pair of these that have been outside playing for about 12 years now. They still play fine and sound about like they did when new.. They use a single driver, so they do not have a tweeter. That, in my opinion, is what keeps them from being a 5 star product. The bass is actually quite good for a 4.5" driver, and the midrange is clear and well balanced. But they are missing the sparkle and sizzle at the upper end because of their lack of a tweeter.

I also have a pair of Polk Atrium 4's that I could directly compare these to. The bass is slightly better on the Bose, but the Polks win on overall sound quality and definitely on the upper range due to their excellent tweeters.

I'm giving the 4 stars because they do sound pleasant and they have held up to the elements nicely. But the Polks are better and even slightly cheaper.

I will add...Bose went backward by replacing these with the newer 151's with the Twiddler drivers. The new 151's have no bass response at all, only having twin 2.5" drivers. These older models are far superior.
on June 30, 2013
These are the second set of Bose speakers that we've purchased. We have a beautiful backyard with a pool and having such great sound quality while we enjoy the outdoors with friends and family is priceless.
on November 13, 2013
Great sound, great look and easy installation. Used these to replace a 22 year old pair of outside Bose speakers that I loved. Was not disappointed.
on May 19, 2004
I am so tired of reading so-called audiophiles bashing on BOSE for being a successful audio line. I personally own BOSE, JBL, Harmon Kardon, and other brands of audio products and think that saying a whole product line is "not taken seriously" by a bunch of audio elitest snobs is both the antithesis of the hyped marketing being lamented in the first place and also an indicator that the reviewer is trading one set of hype (BOSE marketing) for another (so-called audiophile popular opinion). Let me give you a clue -- I like the way BOSE sounds and so do many other people. These particular speakers are great, and at around $150, these beat the socks off other outdoor speakers in its price range. If you don't like them, it's ok. Just lay off the Bourgeois audiophile rhetoric, ok?
on February 13, 2014
For the price I got those Bose speakers I could not have had a better deal and a better sound
I installed them (very easily) on to my sail boat and appreciate the fact that they are outside rated and fit the 4 ohms requirement of my radio
I will definitely recommended them but I think they are older models and might not be available very much longer
on March 5, 2014
I ordered these speakers in my purpose of putting them in my backyard for the music when we have a weekend's party. The speakers look new and work flawlessly as soon as I installed them.

I have owned so many Bose products I can't list all here. They all are good and always go beyond my expectation! These speakers are just a blast!
on May 4, 2013
Speakers came just as advertised, Brackets, screws everything needed was in the box.
took about 20 minutes to hang brackets, and speakers, no problems.
We put these speakers in a 30' x 40' outside cover patio, sounds good all the way around the area.
Good Purchase for long term use.
on May 21, 2012
Several years ago I purchased the previous generation of these outdoor speakers, the 121's...casing appears the same, brackets for mounting, single speaker, etc...yesterday I pulled them out of storage and mounted them on the metal fence which surround my inground pool. All I can say is, Fantastic..., driven by a 20 year old Denon with my Ipod as the digital source of music, these speaksers sounded awesome. Good as new. I trust that Bose has not strayed tremendously adrift from the original design as these are very nice speakers for an outdoor application. Moderate range, but again folks, this is the outdoors...grilling, pool parties, deck with friends...perfect and they are very well built.
VINE VOICEon May 20, 2003
I got these as a birthday present and once installed, found their performance was exactly as I had hoped they would be. Several guests at a subsequent outdoor party noted how much they appreciated the background music, and those who wanted to sat nearby clearly enjoying the music. It'll also be nice to have music while we enjoy our pool area from now on.
I ran the cables from the speakers to my indoor stereo so I could have the same music inside and out, and as a result, it should be noted for anyone considering doing the same that you might want to wire in a manner that would allow you to disconnect them if you are showing something in surround sound, or enjoying music indoors so that your neighbors won't have to listen in to the fun.
The speakers work very well, and their waterproof design will see them last us for quite a few future events- well worth it!
44 comments|18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2014
Just bought my second pair of these...the first pair lasted 17 years being outside year round!!! Awesome speakers at a great price.