- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Bose Lifestyle V25 Home Theater System (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- 5-speaker surround sound system includes 4 Direct/Reflecting speakers and one center channel speaker, balanced by an Acoustimass module to deliver a fuller range of sound
- Unify Intelligent Integration System allows for guided setup and simplified use/programming with easy-to-follow onscreen messages
- ADAPTiQ audio calibration system analyzes your room's dimensions and other variables, then automatically adjusts the sound of your Lifestyle surround sound system
- HD connectivity for up to 6 sources (4 HDMI, 2 audio HD), video upscaling to 1080p
- Includes AM/FM tuner, dock for iPod or iPhone, remote with LCD display
There is a newer model of this item:
Experience Bose, the Official Sound of the NFL
Check out Bose wireless music systems, headphones, and portable speakers, great for gameday listening. Learn more
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
Bose® Lifestyle® V25 home entertainment system - Black
The Bose® Lifestyle® V25 home entertainment system delivers vivid surround sound that brings movies and music to life. And now, it's designed to let you enjoy the experience more easily than ever before. Engineered with exclusive Bose Unify™ technology, this system uses easy-to-follow onscreen messages to guide you through the setup process. It even verifies when you've made the correct connections. Enjoy up to 6 HD video and audio sources-such as your 3D Blu-ray Disc™ player, cable box and gaming system. The system also includes an iPod/iPhone-compatible dock and built-in AM/FM tuner.
Easy to Set Up. Easy to Use.
The Lifestyle V25 system features the new Unify Intelligent Integration System to walk you through system setup, step by step. As you're attaching components to the control console, the system recommends the best connectors via onscreen messages. It even confirms that the connection was made properly. Each connected device is automatically added to the source menu accessed on your TV screen. No more toggling through video inputs to find the right source. If you add a Blu-ray player, it will be shown as a "Blu-ray player" in the onscreen menu. This makes it easy and intuitive for anyone to use the Unify system.
Unify technology also simplifies programming your Bose remote to control your Lifestyle system and most anything attached to it. During setup, the Unify system references an internal database to identify each connected component, and automatically teaches the Bose remote to control it. Plus, you'll view system information, including iPod and FM/AM status, on the Bose remote's LED screen.
And Once You're Set Up...
You'll experience uncompromising surround sound, a hallmark of Lifestyle systems. The V25 system's surround sound performance is provided by four Direct/Reflecting speakers and a horizontal center channel speaker. They produce a level of sound that adds impact and realism to your entertainment. That sound is aided by an Acoustimass module that can be placed in a corner or out of view. Exclusive technology in the module helps provide the emotional intensity you feel at the theater or in a concert hall. Even hidden out of sight, its impact can't be missed.
Sound Designed for Your Room
Your room is unique, with size, shape, textures and other elements affecting the sound you hear. The ADAPTiQ® system was developed to analyze your room and then adjust the Lifestyle surround sound system for a consistent, high quality performance. In addition, built-in Bose link technology can distribute the home theater system's audio to as many as four additional areas. Add compatible Bose products to enjoy music almost anywhere, even outdoors.
- Quality multi speaker Bose system 5-speaker surround sound system designed for use with your home entertainment components.
- Unify intelligent integration system uses onscreen navigation to simplify system setup and everyday use. This proprietary technology walks you through setup, showing the right inputs and best connection options, and even verifies you've done it correctly. Clear, onscreen menus provide all the information you need for your connected sources.
- ADAPTiQ audio calibration system provides greater freedom of speaker placement. It analyzes the way your room's dimensions and other variables affect sound, then automatically adjusts the sound of your Lifestyle surround sound system to the acoustics of your room.
- Bose link this whole-home audio technology lets you connect compatible Bose products to your Lifestyle V-class™ system for listening in up to 4 additional rooms-even outdoors.
- Control console features abundant inputs/outputs, including 4 HDMI connections and 2 HD audio connections. Also includes built-in AM/FM tuner.
- 3D Compatibility ensures you'll see content as intended with 3D TVs, Blu-ray Disc players, gaming consoles and other 3D sources.
- Bose remote features fewer buttons and an LED screen to simplify management of your entertainment sources. Works on radio frequency to operate through walls and floors.
- iPod/iPhone-compatible dock expands your music-listening experience. It charges your iPod while docked, and your Bose remote can control your iPod content. Compatible with all iPhone™, iPod™ Touch and iPod™ models featuring a click wheel. You can also play its video content on your HDTV.
- Acoustimass module works in concert with the small speakers to deliver a fuller range of theater sound and effects. The patented Bose design produces low frequencies for all channels with no audible distortion.
- Direct/Reflecting speaker technology delivers lifelike spaciousness from a natural balance of reflected and direct sound-similar to a live performance.
- Automatic video upscaling ensures movies and sports use the highest resolution capabilities of your display-up to 1080p over HDMI.
- Proprietary Videostage™ 5 decoding and post-processing circuitry combines with digital 5.1 decoding and DTs® to deliver a high quality, multichannel surround sound experience from practically any source: DVDs, videocassettes, stereo CDs, even older mono TV shows and movies.
|Dimensions:||21 x 13 x 19 inches|
|Control Console:||3 x 16.6 x 9.3 inches; 7.5 pounds|
|Direct/Reflecting® speakers:||6.25 x 3 x 4 inches; 2.4 pounds|
|Center speaker:||3.13 x 6.25 x 4.13 inches; 2.36 pounds|
|Acoustimass® module:||13 x 8 x 21.63 inches; 26.22 pounds|
|Dock for iPod:||0.7 x 3.2 x 2.9 inches; .5 pounds|
|Shipping Weight:||70 pounds|
What's in the box
- Control console
- Acoustimass module
- 4 Direct/Reflecting speakers
- 1 center channel speaker
- Dock for iPod or iPhone
- Audio input cable
- ADAPTiQ audio calibration headset
- Front speaker cables
- Rear speaker cables
- Acoustimass module power cord
- HDMI cable
- Power supply
- AC power cords (2)
- Audio input cable
- 4 AA batteries for remote
- IR emitter cable
- Stereo audio cable
- AM antenna
- FM antenna
- Operating guide
- USB flash drive (for system updating only)
Top Customer Reviews
Setup is of the system is ridiculously simple - with guided instructions that show up on your TV and verify that you have everything connected correctly. Bose also includes a setup system called AdaptIQ that uses 2 microphones in place of speakers on a set of headphones (note: see "Bad" below). You wear them and sit in 5 different locations around your room while the system plays a series of test tones from each of the system speakers and the Acoutimass subwoofer. Then the system analyzes the readings and automatically sets up the system to match your particular room acoustics. It's smart enough to know if you haven't moved position between test tones, displaying on the screen "It doesn't appear as though you have moved since the last test, please move to another position" (or a message to that effect).
The same intelligent design goes into their remote control unit. The system guides you through setting up the Bose remote control (very solid - almost seems like billet aluminum) to take over the functions of all your other remotes. Anyone can do this - Bose really has machine/human interface and usability down to a finely tuned science.
All speaker wires are color-coded and marked for polarity at both ends. They have RCA audio jacks on one end and solder-tinned bare wires on the other. Speaker connections are made without tools by pressing a button while inserting the wires into the clearly marked holes. The rear speaker wires are 50 feet long - easily long enough to allow drilling through the floor and running them across your basement ceiling to the exact location you need in your room (assuming you have a basement).Read more ›
Beyond that, the quality of the actual components is sub-par, and comparable to entry level home theater in a box systems. Extremely cheap paper cones, nestled in low quality enclosures, in an "improper" configuration (how do expect to voice high frequencies properly without a tweeter?).
Having heard his system, I was curious to see what he paid, and after seeing the price and stumbling on all these reviews glowing about "getting what you pay for" felt like chiming in. These Bose systems are not the best out there in terms of audio quality and design. Not by a long-shot.
In reality, for the money one is expected to pay for these Bose lifestyle systems, you're not getting much from an audio quality standpoint. These systems would be decent.....if they were priced at ¼ of the asking price (and I say that without exaggeration). What you're really paying for when you buy these systems is Bose extensive marketing budget that molds the perception of the company as a premium brand.
The problem with these lifestyle systems, is that you're asked to pay `high-end' money for entry level quality....in fact, there are plenty of entry level home theater in a box systems out there that will outperform this system for a fraction (literally) of the cost of these Bose Lifestyle systems.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I receive it very good package and I hope that work very weell, after that I write more.
I'm very glad with my purchase.
This unit rocks. It is expensive but the sound is incredible. Along with my LCD High Def television… I seriously feel like I am at the stadium… amazingPublished on January 5, 2014 by James Siegrist
I am not a Bose fanboy. I personally own a surround sound that I pieced each part separately. My speakers are big, bulky and for the same price my system is better then this... Read morePublished on October 30, 2013 by Major
It is a very nice system, but the remote doesn't work after 3 weeks. It is not the first Bose we have had this problem with. Thought they would have fixed that by now. Read morePublished on October 16, 2013 by kate
Sound is fabulous. This unit replaced a 10 speaker highly expensive system and sounds much better. Have listened to system in stores many times over the last few years. Read morePublished on September 11, 2013 by Amazon Customer
This system has great sound and the remote is really nice. I wish it was offered in white (black is the only option). Read morePublished on July 11, 2013 by Lesa
I bought this item because I had seen it demonstrated last summer in a Bose store. I went through the complete installaton and found that the system wouldn't work. Read morePublished on May 28, 2013 by Bob from Severn, MD