Bose Lifestyle T20 home theater system--Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Want this professionally installed?
- Installing customer-supplied audio/video devices
- Programming new home theater remote, if applicable
- Unit testing and clean up
- Providing use, care and cleaning instructions
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- 5-speaker surround sound system, Includes 4 Direct/Reflecting speakers and one center channel speaker, balanced by an Acoustimass module to deliver a fuller range of sound
- Includes Direct/Reflecting speakers, center channel speaker and Acoustimass module
- Unify Intelligent Integration System allows for guided setup and simplified use/programming with easy-to-follow onscreen messages
- HD connectivity for up to 6 sources (4 HDMI), video upscaling to 1080p
- ADAPTiQ audio calibration system analyzes your room's dimensions and other variables, then automatically adjusts the sound of your Lifestyle surround sound system
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
|The Bose® Lifestyle® T20 home theater system brings out the best in your movies, games and sports. And now, it's easier than ever before to set up your system and all connected sources. Exclusive Bose Unify™ technology provides easy-to-follow onscreen messages to guide you through the entire setup process. It even verifies your connections to take away all the guesswork. Enjoy up to 6 HD video sources-such as your Blu-ray Disc™ player, cable box and gaming system. And control it all with one convenient remote. |
The Lifestyle T20 system offers breakthrough simplicity with the new Unify Intelligent Integration System. This proprietary technology enables a step-by-step walkthrough of your system setup. As you're attaching components to the control console, the system recommends the best connectors via onscreen messages. It even confirms that the connection was made properly. Each connected product is automatically added to the source menu accessed on your TV screen. No more toggling through video inputs to find your source. If you add a Blu-ray player, it will be shown as a "Blu-ray player" in the onscreen menu. This makes it easy and intuitive for anyone to use the Unify system. Unify technology also simplifies programming your Bose remote to control your Lifestyle system and most anything attached to it. During setup, the Unify system references an internal database to identify each connected product, and automatically teaches the Bose remote to control it.
Experience Lifelike Surround Sound
Sound Designed for Your Room
Key System Features
The Bose Accessories Catalog
What's in the Box
Top Customer Reviews
Decided to go with this LIFESTYLE BOSE T20 system(instead of the V25, V35,etc. models) for the following reasons:
-No need for AM/FM tuner
-No need for ipod/iphone dock
-No need for a high end remote with LCD screen on it
-No need for DVD player/cd player/Bluray player.(already own a bluray player)
For our requirements, T20 was sufficient (TV and Movie watching)
Unboxing was a breeze. Boxes were numbered so they can be opened one by one. No complaints for the install-quick setup-running the wires was the most time consuming.
The systems directs you to integrate all the sources through onscreen instructions. Remote is a little bit heavy. I connected the optical cable into the wrong socket and it asked me to check it, It was my fault as I didnt look at the back connection panel carefully (I was more excited to get it connected and enjoy the surround sound).
But once all the wires were nicely tucked in and the connections paired correctly, I fired it up with a DVD to check the sound.
I skipped the ADAPTiQ audio calibration system at first.....The sound was great but to me it didnt feel like "the sound fill the whole room" effect.
Then I decided to configure the ADAPTiQ audio calibration system which lets you chose 5 regions in the room and calibrates and adjusts the sound accordingly. This is also an on screen step by step system guided process.
After the whole setup was over, I played the DVD again and the sound quality went from "GREAT" to "super AMAZING".Read more ›
1) The Good: You can use your existing surround sound speaker wire with this product. I looked and looked and couldn't find an answer to this before buying, and was worried I was going to have to get the proprietary Bose speaker wire fished through my walls. You don't have to do that. Just connect the ends of the Bose provided speaker wire to the wall plate, and then hook the speakers up. I am hoping this doesn't have any impact on the sound quality of the rear speakers, but if it does, I haven't noticed so don't tell me.
2) The Bad: The remote control does not work well with my Verizon Fios box. The set up of this system requires that all of your components go through the Bose box and you only have one HDMI cord going out to the TV. Therefore, switching the TV input does not allow you to move between your cable/sat box and DVD player, you have to use the "source" button on the Bose remote to switch. Although the universal remote provided is high quality, my preference was to keep using the Verizon Fios remote that was provided with my cable box, as we are used to it and all of the necessary buttons are there. I was able to set up the Bose system as the AUX source, get it to turn on when I turned on the TV and Cable box and the volume buttons control the volume of the Bose surround sound. However, the universal remote codes provided by Bose do not allow the Fios remote to control the "Source" that the Bose is displaying. Hitting TV input does nothing.Read more ›
Anyway, hooking up the system was very easy. I made the mistake of trying to hook up this system with an old T.V. It was not an HDTV and nothing seemed to work. I grabbed an HDTV that was laying around in my House and hooked everything up flawlessly. Visuals and Audio looked and sounded amazing! I have A VHS player, Playstation 3, and Nintendo Gamecube all hooked up to the control console, and Switching sources is not a problem at all. I will never go to the Movie Theater again.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I know this model is discontinued, but I got this at a price I could afford. It does not disappoint. The sound is clear and sharp, the bass is deep and enveloping. Read morePublished 9 days ago by vernon woodly
Doesn't work with PS4 and no updates/fixes available. Very disappointing. This is a very common problem from Bose owners with no response as to a fix - absolutely disgusted they... Read morePublished 18 months ago by Hrm
This is my second of this exact system after owning unlimited Bose products forever. Crisp vocals, engulfing surround sound and awesome base make this a great choice. Read morePublished on February 5, 2014 by Richard S. Butwin
For Verizon Fios - when the system turns on, you are asked to press the MENU key. The MENU key on the BOSE remote corresponds to the DVR key (which will bring up your recorded... Read morePublished on December 8, 2013 by Language Lover
easy to install and hook up, sounds awsome, just what i was looking for great price and delivery! I would recomend this item!Published on November 2, 2013 by John W. Falkowski
I does work well for the "TV" system. The sound is very clear and for a 5.1 suround sound it works pretty good. Read morePublished on August 15, 2013 by Mike in Simi
I recently purchased the Bose® Lifestyle® T20 home theater system and to be honest the sound the great. Setting it up was straight forward, im really impressed about that. Read morePublished on July 7, 2013 by Olu
I have had this system now for a month since I had it installed, it is one of the best that I have ever purchased. Read morePublished on March 30, 2013 by Christopher M.
I received the Bose T20 with some shipping damage due to poor packaging. Also missing HDMI cable. I encountered a remote control programing problem that Bose could/would not... Read morePublished on March 20, 2013 by Timothy B. Ferry