5.0 out of 5 stars For Real, SOUND QUALITY =AMAZING !!!!!
We have been using 2.1 sound system for our HDTV for a while. Recently, decided to upgrade to a 5.1 system; shopped for HTIBs in local stores and online. Checked and experienced the various models of BOSE surround systems both the 2.1s and 5.1s.
Decided to go with this LIFESTYLE BOSE T20 system(instead of the V25, V35,etc. models) for the following reasons:
Published on August 20, 2011 by RAKRI

3.0 out of 5 stars Nearly flawless system, but c'mon, Bose!
The system is all you'd expect from Bose, so I won't repeat all the accolades here. The elegant on-screen interface is terrific as it recognizes every media form out there from Wii to AppleTv, Blu-Ray to VCR. BUT it does not recognize . . . an iPod? In order to listen to your iPod through the system, you're required to open the front panel of the Bose control console and...
Published on January 18, 2011 by Owen

5.0 out of 5 stars love this unit Bose Lifestyle T 20, November 2, 2013
This review is from: Bose Lifestyle T20 home theater system--Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
easy to install and hook up, sounds awsome, just what i was looking for great price and delivery! I would recomend this item!

3.0 out of 5 stars Only one speaker works when using cable, July 7, 2013
I recently purchased the Bose® Lifestyle® T20 home theater system and to be honest the sound the great. Setting it up was straight forward, im really impressed about that.

One concern i have is after installation, i hooked up my cable and Blu-ray Disc player to the control console and every thing worked very well.

The second day, i put on my system and connected with my cable but unfortunately only one of the small speaker works. On closer examination, i observed that i can hear some cracking hiss sound from the other speakers, what confuses me the most is that when i connect to my Blu-ray Disc player i still hear all speakers clearly. I do not know what is going on, i tried to play around with all the sound functions of my cable but no luck.

Can someone share with me what is going on?

Cheers!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this system, March 30, 2013
I have had this system now for a month since I had it installed, it is one of the best that I have ever purchased. If you have not bought a Bose system, it is well worth the money and only because Amazon has it at a great price. They were almost 20% cheaper than other retailers. The only suggestion I would make is that, it does not come with mounting brackets. If you are not planning to mount it, then you are good to go, if you are then, I would get the brackets.

3.0 out of 5 stars Damage and Operational problems with Bose T20 system, March 20, 2013
I received the Bose T20 with some shipping damage due to poor packaging. Also missing HDMI cable. I encountered a remote control programing problem that Bose could/would not resulve for me. The universal remote learned my TV set top box but every comand was transmitted three times instead of only once. i.e. when pressing the 3 key once, the Bose control would send 333 to the set top box. Not resulved. Not happy.
Tim

5.0 out of 5 stars My husbands in love!, January 21, 2013
And an added bonus is it was very easy to set it up. I definitely win wife of the year this christmas :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bose haters can suck it!, August 28, 2012
I purchased the Bose Lifestyle T20 System from Amazon for $880.00 and I love the heck out of it! I agree with Bose haters that Bose is slightly over-priced, but when considering there are Surround sound systems that literally cost tens of thousands more for a performance that is not much better, Bose is not bad at all. Especially for the price I got it at. If People want the system but back away from the price, they should do what I did and buy it used. I watch Movies, play Video Games, and listen to Music all the time. The sound is so realistic, friends of mine would often would turn around because they thought they heard something in the Room that was coming out of the speakers, and they can be loud! Very loud for the size of the Speakers. I feel like my windows are going to shatter when the volume is 60. 60!!! Out of 100! I had a Sony T.V that was Five grand with built-in surround sound, and I thought that was good until I hooked up my Bose system. Mind you I am a fan of companies like Sennheiser, Klipsch, Etc. So I am not married to the Bose brand. Bose is among the best in my opinion though, for its ease of set-up, ease of use, and performance. No other brands can compare in all these areas at once.
Anyway, hooking up the system was very easy. I made the mistake of trying to hook up this system with an old T.V. It was not an HDTV and nothing seemed to work. I grabbed an HDTV that was laying around in my House and hooked everything up flawlessly. Visuals and Audio looked and sounded amazing! I have A VHS player, Playstation 3, and Nintendo Gamecube all hooked up to the control console, and Switching sources is not a problem at all. I will never go to the Movie Theater again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bose Home Theater System, July 20, 2012
We are highly pleased with our new Bose System. Our music and surround sound have reached a all time high superb level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great System, February 5, 2014
This is my second of this exact system after owning unlimited Bose products forever. Crisp vocals, engulfing surround sound and awesome base make this a great choice. Rich, full, clear sound that gets better as it gets louder (although I can can only do that when my wife is not home).

2.0 out of 5 stars PS4 glitching/incompatibility, July 30, 2014
Doesn't work with PS4 and no updates/fixes available. Very disappointing. This is a very common problem from Bose owners with no response as to a fix.

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally, Great Sound and Easy Setup, September 1, 2011
I had Onyx and bought high end speakers--but the sound for TV was never "right". NOW IT IS!!

It also does good things to video quality (upgrades 480/720 to 1080). The controller controls all your video /audio inputs.

It DOES NOT let you shut off your TV and just listen to another audio source just as background music...this is a design flaw if you ask me. I'd like to set up Pandora on my Blu Ray and just listen, but hate to waste the 'trons to have the TV on when no one is watching. This is just STUPID for the system engineers....OK OK, I admit that I am probably picky...but I am a nuclear engineer and I KNOW that it is just simply STUPID not to anticipate this need by consumers.

It DOES NOT let you use TWO remote controls...I know; why would I want to do that? Well, those of us who are married and want to have it loud or soft depending on whether or not we're on the phone with Daddy....let's just say that Bose engineers are pretty stupid not to add a "key code" to each remote/console so that you can have multiple remotes and still not control the neighbors' TV (assuming he was smart enough to buy a bose system)--BTW, that was the LAME excuse given to me by the customer service rep when I called to see why I couldn't set up two remotes for the system (I bought a second one so my wife and I could stop fighting over the remote). Now I have a second remote that makes a great paper weight but is just that useful...to say I'm irritated is to understate my attitude.

These are STUPID issues and the BOSE engineers should be shamefaced for overlooking these consumer expectations. Also, some people will fault it for not having an iPOD dock or bluetooth; but I don't need that, do you?

Bottom line--good sound, easy to use and set up--some STUPID engineering flaws that may make you unhappy.