5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect sound...PROTECT YOUR EARS/HEARING THOUGH, May 10, 2013
This review is from: Bose L1 Model 1S Single B2 Bass Portable Line Array System (Electronics)
This is a perfect system I use in place of my EV SX-500's and SX-100 monitors with heavy amps. I don't need to EQ this or bring a board along, I ended up buying the ToneMatch and use that whenever I can. The system is more musical and clear than anything you've ever heard. It's the best thing to ever happen to PA systems, if you don't have one, buy one of the sticks (my L1S does huge weddings no problem), and be sure to get the new B2 bass with it. IMPORTANT PART: But now that I've been using it for 2 months I've done some permanent hearing damage to my ears and the tinnitus is starting to get to me. The problem is that you don't need to bring in separate monitors, so you're using this system at a level for a wedding dance or loud bar while you stand in front of it, instead of having monitors at a lower level facing yourself. At the end of the night my head is pounding and my ears hurt. This last show was so bad on my hearing I came and wrote a review to try to help people be aware. Two solutions: get in ear monitors or wear ear plugs while playing. This ringing in my ears hasn't gone away for a week now so it's permanent and it's terrible. Do not put yourself in this situation, be smarter than me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and very clear sound, March 8, 2013
Very clear sound and powerful base. Cons single plug in, seems to get hot and actually cut out when three of us were playing acoustics (Martin, Yamaha, and a Crafter all with Piezo) through it at not even a high volume. Hence I am wary about the power. I have not talked to Bose about this. But for sure I would not want this to happen on stage. You need a mixer or some sort of eq to tone down the base and shape the sound depending on what instrument is input. Hence I use a small 8 channel mixer and separate eg on the guitars. This works pretty good. I would definitely purchase it again. Be aware you need a large space for this as you need to be at least 12 ft from the unit for good sound. I gave away my California Blonde and just play through this. I would also say that because of this it makes it a little difficult to adjust the threshold setting located on the unit. The power thing is something I am going to have to investigate. However I would still purchase it again because the sound is just killer with acoustic guitar.