Bose QuietComfort 3 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones, Black
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- High-performing noise reduction for home, work or travel
- Rich, detailed audio highlights musical nuances
- Comfortable, on-ear fit for hours of easy listening
- Includes two audio cables, one with mic/remote for iPhone/iPod control and hands-free iPhone calling, and a travel case
- 25 hours of use on average from rechargeable Li-ion battery; includes charger
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Bose® QuietComfort® 3 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® Headphones
Separate the noise from the music
Leave the noise behind, and get the most from your music. QuietComfort 3 headphones offer a proven combination of Bose noise reduction and audio performance with a comfortable on-ear fit. These award-winning headphones deliver clear, lifelike sound, making listening a pleasure just about anywhere.
QC3 headphones feature Bose Acoustic Noise Cancelling technology to electronically identify, then dramatically reduce, the noise around you. You're left with the music you love—or the simple serenity you desire. Proprietary signal processing and audio reproduction technology also provide lifelike performance across the full range of sound—including deep low tones—from small and lightweight headphones.
Create a comfortable escape
Think of your noisy office, or the bustling activity in train stations and other public places. At the flip of a switch, that background noise is reduced to a whisper. That’s when the high quality sound these headphones provide becomes even more apparent. You’ll hear more of your music—without having to turn up your music. And the soft-cushioned, easy-on-the-ears fit lets you listen comfortably for hours.
Take calls. Take control
QC3 headphones come with a cable customized for select Apple products. A three-button remote and microphone let you take calls on your iPhone and control music functions on other Apple devices. You can also purchase a mobile kit that lets your QC headphones work with other cell phones, too.
Fine traveling companions
QC3 headphones come with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and convenient wall charger. You can expect 25 hours of use from a fully charged battery, with a lifespan of approximately 500 charging cycles. An airline adapter plug and protective carrying case are also included. Earcups fold flat for easy storage in the slim case.
- Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphone technology, a proprietary Bose innovation, electronically identifies and reduces noise while faithfully preserving the audio or tranquility you desire.
- Compact on-ear design with proprietary soft cushions that establish a critical acoustical seal - helping to further reduce noise while providing a comfortable fit.
- TriPort® acoustic headphone structure, another Bose exclusive, features tiny vents in the earcups to enable a tonally-balanced audio performance - including reproduction of deep, low notes - from relatively small and lightweight headphones.
- Active equalization electronically tunes the headphones' frequency response, enabling outstanding audio performance.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides an average of 25 hours of reliable use per charge. Small wall charger also included.
- Interchangeable audio cables, one for general use, and one just for select Apple products, offer greater convenience than permanently connected Y-cables.
- Inline microphone allows for hands-free iPhone conversation and access to certain voice applications, such as VoiceOver and Voice Control, in other Apple products.
- Inline three-button remote switches between calls and music, and controls volume, track selection and voice applications on select Apple products.
- Fold-flat earcups rotate 90 degrees for easy storage and portability in the included case.
- Slim carrying case helps protect headphones and accessories during travel.
|Overall headphone dimensions||7.38"H x 5.25"W ( 19 cm x 13.5 cm )|
|Ear cushion outside dimensions||2.88"H x 2.25"W ( 7.5 cm x 6 cm )|
|Weight with cable||4.8 oz (136.1 g)|
|Battery output power||3.7VDC, 200mAh|
|Battery life||Approximately 25 hours per charge; 500 charging cycles|
What's in the box
- QuietComfort 3 headphones
- QuietComfort 3 inline remote and microphone cable (detachable)
- Standard audio cable (detachable)
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Battery charger
- Carrying case
- Airline adapter
QuietComfort® 3 Accessories
Similar Bose Products to Consider
Top Customer Reviews
Size: The QC3s are an entire size smaller than the QC15s. QC3 wins in terms of portability, but both headphones come with a carrying case and I don't think the QC15s are more of a burden to carry around. The smaller QC3 is an on ear design compared to the QC15 which is an over the ear design.
Battery: QC3 comes with one rechargeable battery that lasts maybe 25 hours or so. I recommend buying another battery from amazon or ebay so that you can have one to use when the other battery dies. QC15 runs on AAA batteries and should last for 35 hours. I recommend buying eneloop rechargeable batteries and a charger so you're not buying batteries every two weeks. Buying an additional battery for the QC3 can be relatively cheap if you get an off-brand battery or buy it used (~$10-$20). 4 eneloop batteries and a charger to use with the QC15 is around $20.
Design: Major design difference is that the QC3 is on ear and the QC15 is over the ear. Both are very comfortable, but I personally thought the QC3 felt better on my head, maybe because it's lighter. The audio cable is also designed differently on both. QC15 has a volume control switch on the cable that you can change to high or low. This part goes inside the earpiece, so you'd have to remove the cable to adjust it. QC15 and QC3 also come with a cable that has a remote and microphone that you can use to take phone calls.
Noise Cancellation: I'll probably be in a minority when I say this, but I didn't notice a difference in noise cancellation between the two headphones.Read more ›
And the noise can be bothersome when sitting on my deck. These headphones eliminate all but the very loudest motorcycles.
even those few are very muted. If I lost these today I would buy new ones tomorrow. I have never given 5 stars before this.
I can recall before my QC3's the inevitable headache that would come from my monthly 14 hour each way journey. That all disappeared with the purchase of the QC3's. Just wonderful, and something that really works. I also find them incredibly comfortable and would strongly recommend the on-ear to the over-ear versions. You can't sleep so good (on your side) in them, but I have still done it (for many hours on the seats in various airports across the world).
I have shure se530 earphones, as well as Grado SR80i and Audio-Technica ATHESW9A headphones so I know the the Bose are no slouch in the sound department too. But their gift - simply - is a quiet background.
I think the reachargeable battery system probably adds $50 to the value of the package too. It has just been great.
Great job Bose, great headphone QC3!
Noise cancellation is excellent.
Abnoxious sounds like plane engines are virtually eliminated while you can still hear people speak.
The sound quality is ok but missing the low range.
Taking them off, produces a loud feedback squeal.
Last year I had to replace a battery pack because it was holding charge for only 30 minutes.
That's another 50 bucks.
I don't use them very often, mostly on planes or hotels while I travel.
True, I wore them to bed a few times, but It still doesn't justify how quickly they got so worn out.
Thin plastic covering ear paddings is peeling off and showing through the fabric underneath.
I guess I expected a lot from Bose at $350 price tag, but got mediocre.
===Update after 6 weeks with them=== this thing is awesome, I've been using them for 6+ hours international flights and also in the office (When I need to get 'in the zone') this has to be one of the best investments I've made
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My Bose QC3 headphones are just over 1 year old. But it's unfortunate that these lightly used headphones that I paid a premium for brook down shortly after a year. Read morePublished 1 month ago by examan
Super fast shipping, came way before the expected date. The headphones came in fantastic/almost new condition even the case was in excellent condition. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Angel Zamora
For the price, sound quality is not impressing and low in my opinionPublished 1 month ago by Ali Ghabraei
These work pretty well. The over the ear type does a better job, but these are OKPublished 3 months ago by JD
Great product. Only took one star off because it's a little pricey although it does work better than similarly advertised products that are cheaper. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
I purchased this headset using my airline miles around 2 years ago and have been using it lightly since then. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Adi
Love these guys.
They charge pretty quickly, and last for very long flights (didn't charge it fully and it lasts for a 14 hour flight from Japan). Read more
Allow me to put your fears to rest in saying that yes, these are fan-freaking-tastic. You're able to hear so many things that you would normally miss with an ordinary pair of... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Nick Wissenberg