- Brand Name: Bose
- Model Number: 43085
- Media Type: MP3
- Color: Black
Bose SoundDock Portable 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock
- More efficient and higher quality audio reproduction than other battery-powered iPod® speakers.
- Works with many iPhone and iPod models. Requires an Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter for use with iPhone 5 and other iPod and iPhone models with an Apple Lightning connector.
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery gives more playing time per charge than other types of rechargeables
- Built-in carry handle and rotating dock enable quick and easy transport from place to place
- Auxiliary input for playing other audio sources, like a portable DVD, CD or other MP3 player.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Bose® SoundDock Portable Digital Music System (Gloss Black)
Take your iPod Listening to Exciting New Places
Music has the power to move you- and Bose has a speaker system that moves with your music. The SoundDock Portable system offers a combination of performance and playtime that other rechargeable systems can't match. Enjoy music from your iPod or iPhone almost anywhere. On the deck or in the dorm room, at the park or on the beach, it reproduces your favorite tunes with fullness and clarity unusual for a portable system.
Bose® SoundDock Portable Digital Music System Highlights
- Easy portability. The SoundDock is ready to go anywhere with a slim design, a built-in carry handle, and a rotating iPod docking station--not to mention a rechargeable battery.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery offers hours of playing time between charges. You’ll get about eight hours of playback at normal volume.
- You can recharge the battery with any wall outlet or use an optional spare battery for a little extra time (the unit batteries are easily user-swappable).
- Rotating iPod docking station spins shut when not in use, for protection during transit.
- Bose Quality Audio. Bose's proprietary acoustic design and powerful neodymium drivers provide more efficient and higher quality audio reproduction than many other battery-powered iPod speaker systems.
- In addition, Bose's digital signal processing circuitry enables finer control over the sound for more consistent, lifelike music reproduction even at low volume levels.
- The iPod charger will charge docked iPods/iPhones whenever the system is plugged in, even while playing. Your device will be ready to go when you are.
- Auxiliary Input. Thanks to the SoundDock's 3.5mm auxiliary input, you can play other audio sources, such as a portable DVD players, CD players, or other MP3 players.
- Remote Included. The handy remote gives you power and volume control, track seek, and iPod playlist navigation from almost anywhere in the room.
- Compatibility. The SoundDock Portable digital music system is Apple-certified and compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, iPod nano, iPod classic and any iPod featuring a click wheel.
|Product Dimensions:||6.1 x 12.1 x 6.8 inches ; 5.2 pounds|
|Shipping Weight:||8 pounds|
What's in the box
- Bose® SoundDock Portable Digital Music System
- Remote control
- Power supply adapter
- Power supply
- User's manual
Similar Bose Products to Consider
Top Customer Reviews
I was on the fence about this purchase for several weeks. I had researched the first generation Bose SoundDock digital music system for iPod for quite some time. I found a couple of shortcomings that prevented me from buying that unit. First, it did not have a battery for portable use, so you always had to have it plugged in. Secondly it did not have an aux input, so it would only work with Apple iPod devices. What if I wanted to plug in my daughter's Sandisk MP3 player, or my son's Creative MP3 player? The second generation Bose SoundDock does not have these limitations. They have included a battery system, for hours of portable music without being tethered to A/C mains. They also include an aux input, so you can plug in any device's audio output with a stereo mini plug.Read more ›
There wasen't any real comparison after a listen to the Bose. They blew the other two away. Great base and great highs. I was sold. I do realize the Bose are pricy but like most people out there, these are not my first IPOD speakers but the will be my last. Go for it and get the best first. The Bose are the way to go!
However, this product has unadvertised problems with the 3rd Generation iPods (black and white screen, dock connector, four buttons and a touch-wheel), and I'm glad I discovered this in the store before paying the full $400. When plugged into the Sounddock, the screen freezes, and neither the remote nor the buttons can advance the track. The ill effects cease the moment the iPod is removed, but nonetheless, it's more or less unusable with this early iPod. If you're thinking of trying it and have a 3G iPod, I'd recommend looking elsewhere, or at least going in to a Bose store to double check and make sure that you too don't experience this problem. Bose has heard about it, but apparently it's not a fixable issue, just a question of old technology.
So, I'd definitely recommend this product acoustically, but practically, I'd make sure you're using a more recent model of iPod before you give it a shot.
Sure, you pay through the nose, but my experience is that Bose delivers quality and stands by its products. We bought the SD Portable because we're living in a small flat in London. It's the perfect solution. Few wires, self-contained, small, yet it delivers a big quality sound that fills our living room. We are also limited on wall outlets here and with the great battery life from the rechargeable battery, I can take it anywhere around the flat.
Some knock Bose for their prices and refusal to disclose sound specs. Hey, I just listen to my music and find that it enables me to really enjoy that music where other systems might get in the way. If it doesn't deliver the best sound for its size, it's nearly the best.
The one problem I experienced is that with my new iPod Classic 80GB, the playlist up and down buttons on the remote don't work. Bose told me they can't keep up with every iPod model and that software updates to the iPod might fix that, but no guarantees. This is not a fatal flaw, but a bit of an annoyance.
Otherwise, this is a great product and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, especially if you're interested in great sound in an effecient and small box.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Minor scuffs but overall condition was relatively good with Speakers sounding greatPublished 21 hours ago by Amazon Customer
I love these portable sound docks. You can take it with you on the deck! Good sound and base.Published 6 days ago by Athenasculptress
I feel cheated , work hard to purchase this Bose sound dock and when I arrived the battery did not work and costs $ 90 I cheated with this purchasePublished 1 month ago by Gerardo Sanchez
I bought this SoundDock a number of years ago direct from Bose. It's still going strong, and plays as well as it did when I first got it. Read morePublished 1 month ago by iyc_nyc
Love my bose portable. I did not get it off of amazon, but i love it so much i figured i would write a review (got mine from the bose store). Read morePublished 1 month ago by Alexander Fabian
The Bose SoundDock Portable 30-Pin is an amazing stereo. It has great sound quality. The portability of the stereo is also a great feature.Published 1 month ago by Carlos Da Silva