1,033 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Hear Bose sound before you bash it
I did quite a bit of research before getting the Bose SoundDock II. I wanted a dock that would work with my iPod touch 2G, have superb sound quality, and preferably charge my iPod while docked. Well I have to say that I got all i wanted and then some with this unit.

I read some reviews online written by "audiophiles" and supposed "sound experts" bashing Bose...
Published on December 26, 2008 by Sahak D

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Sound, Poor Functionality
The sound quality is very good for the price point and the size. That said, the remote does not interface correctly with my ipod. Specifically it does not allow the user to move through the menus as it is supposed to. I thought at first the Bose system was defective so I returned it for a new one but the second one has the same problem. All the other remote functions...
Published on July 27, 2009 by E. F. Mendelson

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Love Love it, January 18, 2013
I absolutly love this Bose for my iphone5! I had bought a jambox a couple weeks ago and when I found out about this I had to order it. After it arrived I quickly made the decision to return the jam box ( I liked the jambox a lot). The sound out of this thing is incredible! But there are some cons:

Pros:
Incredible Sounds
Amazing Remote, nothing cheap here, I can control it in the next room :)
iPhone 5 Supported
Has AUX

Cons:
Cannot dock the iphone 5 with most cases
Cannot use the AUX input when an iphone is plugged in, even when its not playing anything :-(
I wish I had a small digital clock at the bottom
No Color options
No other varieties with iPhone 5 support, like one with a battery, or bluetooth, etc..

Overall a Extremely good purchase without any regrets. I wish deeply in my heart that I could use the AUX input with my iPhone plugged in, even when its not playing anything, the only real Con.

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD PRODUCT, May 24, 2009
This review is from: Bose SoundDock Series II 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock (Silver) (Electronics)
The SoundDock Series II is very good. I have found the sound quality to be very good even at high volumes. Contrary to a previous review it has no problem filling my room with music. The question is does the expense of a Bose product make it worth it compared to a much cheaper model you can buy at Target or Wal-Mart. In my case the answer to that question is yes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound quality but poor build quality, October 5, 2008
iamcdn "iamcdn" (San Jose, California United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this product yesterday for my wife at a local vendor. Upon initial inspection I found the build quality to be poor. The gap at the bottom of the speaker grill was about 1/16" and you could see into the unit. The actual docking area that juts out from the main area was a bit loose and does not allow the unit to sit fully flat. However in the grand scheme of things this is pretty negligible. I am just particular due to my professional training and these sort of things bother me.

The sound quality is impressive for such a small unit it. It can definitely light up the room once you have the volume adjusted correctly. The speakers are crisp and produce a well rounded sound overall but a little weighted on the low frequencies. I find most Bose products to be like this, but this is a personal opinion. I played a variety of music on this unit and the music sounded great. On several occasions I was surprised by the clarity of the sound. My wife who I bought this for was extremely impressed and happy with this unit.

Considering the price, build quality and sound quality. I would recommend this unit to the masses looking for a decent sounding MP3 speakers. I should mention that it comes with an AUX input at the back. I would not recommended this to pure audiophiles as I am sure they could find fault with this unit. As for the build quality, I may have gotten a bad unit but it is negligible. It might bug me (a design professional) but my wife could really care less.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding sound quality, August 31, 2010
I use this in my 900 SF shop space (with 30 foot ceilings) and I love it. Small footprint, big sound. As other reviewers noted, ipod control from the remote is limited. But that never bothered me, as I tend to pick up my ipod and select what I want to play anyway. I set it down, the Bose unit plays it. Easy. Really, really good for the size and price. Works well with both my iphone and ipod touch. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvelous sound system for your iPod or iPhone!, July 13, 2012
This must be the best sound system there is for your iPod or iPhone. You just dock your iPhone and start playing your favorite music with such dynamic sound that you will be impressed. The sound is crisp and clear with adequate bass and it makes your favorite songs just rock. It has a small footprint but it sounds like the music is coming out of a stereo 10 times bigger. You can even turn up the volume and hear it rooms away with no distortion and with perfect clarity.

It comes with an auxiliary input for other audio devices, a DC power adapter and a remote control. The remote controls the system and the basic iPod/iPhone functions. You can even skip between playlists to get to the music you want to hear. One drawback is that my iPhone will not dock with the Bose unit with its protective carrying case on. This is an annoyance as it is a pain to take my iPhone out of the case every time but then I always get a smile on my face as the sound it worth it.

This unit is sleek looking with outstanding sound quality and people will just gasp when they hear the quality of the music coming out of this system. I highly recommend it to you as a good piece of entertainment equipment.

I have attached a photo of the unit so you can get a feel for the size of the system.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bose quality not so good, May 17, 2012
I am completely disappointed with not only the SoundDock Series II but also Bose and their product support. I got mine less than 18 months ago and now not only does the remote not work at all, which isn't a huge deal, but there is NO sound. I've done all their troubleshooting ideas and completely wiped out my ipod touch and restored it. I just got off the phone with Bose support, did all their "fixes" and after it still won't work they said that since its outside of its 1 YEAR warranty, I can pay an additional $99 to have it fixed and sent back to me....seriously??? Horrible product support! Yes, its sounds good, better than a cheap little system (though for the price that's exactly what I expected) but certainly not sound that I would rave over. I now have a $225 charger. Don't waste your money, unless you have money to waste!

4.0 out of 5 stars great accessory for the ipod touch 2g, April 3, 2009
i just purchased the bose ipod sound Dock Series II for use in my bedroom. i use it with my ipod touch 2G. With my Ipod Touch I have wifi access to the internet, and internet radio (a free downloadable app) so the sound dock becomes a very nice internet radio. I have also downloaded an alarmclock app and so i can use it as an alarm clock as well. I of course can listen to my music collection as well. The sound is quite good. It is not a replacement for a component stereo system but does well in a small room like a bedroom and takes up very little space on the night stand. The remote only provides basic functions like on/off and changing music tracks. The system also charges my ipod. I heartily recommend it for use with an ipod touch 2G which has wifi access.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent output. Worth buying !!, August 25, 2009
I have been thinking of having a Bose product from quite some time. And here it comes. I have owned this product close to 15 days and i must admit superb quality/output. It is just amazing how much of output i get from this little one. I'm almost (almost because i haven't find a permanent place for these speakers in my home yet) favoring these speakers over my HDTV speakers. Auxiliary input boosts the rating to this product. I have connected to Aux (using 3.5mm cable) from my Laptop, HDTV, CD player and off course iPod. All seems to be working as expected. Now that i have told about the product, i should also tell you (the buyers) that there are other products in market, which you get for a cheaper price than this one (for example: Sony Wireless speakers with FM/AM, Clock and iPod doc comes for about $180..) But the sound output in Bose is quite amazing compared to other speakers. So if your sole purpose (and not price) is to enjoy music, Go for it !! Finally for the benefit of future buyers i would like to list out Pros and Cons.

Pros: Superb Sound output (as always), Portable, Auxiliary input
Cons: None so far :)
Nice to have: LED display (for clock or volume levels)

And yes finally, i haven't yet seen the maximum volume in this speaker (because i do not want my neighbors to complain with that loud music). It gives a very good output with half the music on. However as specified in my Nice to have, this device doesn't come with any volume level indicator, so you wouldn't know how far you are with the volume levels.

Hope this review will be useful for whoever would like to buy a speaker.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice!, February 17, 2010
I have given this 3 stars, because, it says you can play your CDs through the rear port. You can, but the sound is thin & tinny. The trumpets are harsh. Violins are down right painful. I will have to put all my CDs on an iPod, & then play them. I suspect the rear port, connecting cables, & my CD player, respond as analog.

The iPod has a 30 pin connection. The sound is very nice & pleasing to the ear. Surprisingly so! It isn't surround sound & doesn't have a booming bass, but you would have to be really picky not to like this. The silver color does not show dust. Easy to set up. Fits nicely on a shelf. Is unobtrusive etc., etc. But, do NOT lose the remote!

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound, Flimsy Package, June 24, 2010
Darrell Morrow (Somerville, MA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this about 3 years ago and really looked forward to using it, having always been a Bose speaker fan.

Right away I was disappointed that the remote did not function properly, only allowing about half of the features to work. During setup and use I also noticed that the speakers were not well attached to the base, and that the iPod would wobble when put into the dock, despite double-checking to be sure I had the correct base adapter.

Finally, three weeks ago, the unit simply stopped working. It seems to be an electronic issue, since I get sound that is basically electronic signals (sounds a bit like a theremin with a slowly drifting pitch). Of course, the warranty is now expired, so I'm sure I'd end up paying quite a bit to have this repaired. It would probably be more cost effective replacing it - and at $270 that's quite a replacement.

While it worked the sound was superb, but considering the cost, I'd have liked to get more use out of this product.

I'd recommend something sturdier and cheaper.