5.0 out of 5 stars SImply the best outdoor speaker
Published on March 26, 2011 by Michael Krieger

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Last
I bought these about 5 years ago and they worked OK for a few years. Turned on the amp this season and only had treble, no bass. I had installed these according to manufacturers suggestions...partially buried. I dug them out and dumped them over and water poured out. I left them out of the ground thinking they weren't getting proper drainage but they filled up again...
Published 19 months ago by Chops

5.0 out of 5 stars SImply the best outdoor speaker, March 26, 2011
This review is from: Bose Free Space 51 Outdoor In-Ground Speakers (Green) (Electronics)
I have had a set of these Bose speakers in my patio for 7 years now, and they are still as awesome as they were when I installed them. They provide excellent sound quality, even when playing compressed audio formats. They also provide stereo imaging that rivals that of premium indoor speakers (I have considered getting some sets of these to use with the surround sound in my living room).
The weather has had very little effect on these speakers over the years, they are slightly faded, and that's about the only sign of age that they show.
Another wonderful quality of these speakers; is that they are non-directional. Which means that unlike most speakers, you DO NOT have to be in a specific location to hear good quality sound.
So if you are looking for great sounding outdoor speakers, these are simply the best one's available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and sound, August 1, 2010
I made the mistake of buying a " knock off" to save a few bucks....they sounded decent but only lasted about a year...

If you are considering anything less than these BOSE ......Learn from my mistake....spend the money....they are far superior to any other speaker of this type.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Outdoor Speaker (If not covered), July 20, 2010
Joe (Lovettsville, VA, United States) - See all my reviews
I have 2 sets of Bose outdoor speakers - One set under a veranda roof and these out by my pool. These are the best you can get if you need something that will be integrated in landscaping, etc. If you can place the speakers under cover or attach them to your house I would recommend the other Bose outdoor speakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome sound, August 24, 2011
I installed these five years ago and they still look and sound great. I placed mine in my flower gardens so they would be covered during the summer, and they still sound great. With the 360 degree sound my neighbors and friends are amazed when they find out where sound is coming from. I could have paid less for other speakers, but I am very happy with these and expect years of satisfaction.

Update June 3, 2014.. Even after our record cold and snow this winter (Chicago area), the speakers were buried under snow from mid December to early March, the speakers still sound great. 8 years and counting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous outdoor speakears, December 14, 2011
Sturdy, crystal clear sound, easy to install, nice looking- thats how i describe these speakers. we used them for our recent party and it really enhanced our audio for the evening

5.0 out of 5 stars Wayniac, August 11, 2012
Wayne Grabski (winnipeg manitoba canada) - See all my reviews
I have these speakers hooked up with 5 other various pairs of outdoor speakers. the Bose sure help to fill in the bottom end all around you

5.0 out of 5 stars "OUTSTANDING", April 9, 2013
I have been looking at Bose Free Space 51 Outdoor In -Ground Speakers for about three or four years. I thought they were a little pricey, but I have never questioned the quality of the product.
I received speakers about two weeks ago, I have not regret one dollar yet!
"Outstanding"
Thank you!!
A E Benjamin

4.0 out of 5 stars Awsome speakers, December 17, 2011
I got these and hooked them up in my back yard, they sound great! Even in the rain we now sit in the terrace to watch rain and enjoy music. The service was awsome, the package arrived on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, May 16, 2013
These sound awesome. We have a pool and placed these on the patio and can hear all over the yard/pool without distortion. Basically cant turn up too loud. Might disturb neighbors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, June 17, 2013
Just hooked up sounds amazing sound is full and punchy sounds very wide you can hear it from the neighbors house loud and clean