5.0 out of 5 stars WHAAAT!? 500 dollars for a stereo? Is this the 80's?
I bought this system through the Bose website because they offer a 90 day no questions asked return policy which includes shipping, PLUS 6 month zero percent financing, so I could try it out and only put up a hundred bucks to decide if I want to keep it. The first thing I thought when I saw the different options were that the prices are RIDICULOUS. For one of these guys...
Published on June 20, 2012 by V. Yalung

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced but good quality.
I was hoping for a good music player and a alarm clock. It makes a decent music player and alarm clock. It is supposed to have really good sound. The sound is muttled and there are no adjustments to make it any better.

I didn't like the fact that there were no buttons but I've found that it doesn't really cause to much of a problem as long as the batteries are...
Published on March 23, 2009 by wyldwrh

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 425 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars save your money, August 12, 2011
this model can only be used with a remote with very small buttons. The older model with the buttons on top is much more user friendly. If you misplace the remote the product is useless.
Also though the sound quality when playing cds is good, the am stations are not static free. I found this to be true with my older model also. Product is way overpriced.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed..., March 23, 2013
This review is from: Bose Wave® Music System III - Titanium Silver (Electronics)
After hearing such amazing reviews about the Bose Music System III, I decided to get one. I just wanted to make sure that spending over $500 on a small system was indeed worth it.

First of all, I would just like to say that Bose customer service was excellent, second-to-none. They were very helpful and very polite. Also, after ordering, the Bose system came UPS in only a couple days, so that was great, too.

I also read some reviews from people that said that the System was a little of a pain to set-up. I don't know why they thought that because this thing was as easy as plugging it in. All the rest of the set-up was pretty straightforward, just like any other stereo.

**Make sure you move it around the room you want it in, placement is EVERYTHING. In the right spot, it can sound so much better**

My first reaction after hearing the crystal clear, amazing sound was pretty positive. It truly does sound better than any other stereo that I have heard lately, especially from one this size. So, set-up was easy, it had perfect sound, and I loved the ease of use. At first I thought that I was gonna love this stereo, and enjoy it for many years to come.

Why the bad review??

Well, just like I said, it has beautiful, crystal clear sound that is wonderful. Until I hit about volume 70...

I like to listen to loud hard rock/heavy metal when I'm by myself (My wife doesn't like that music and especially loud music). I put on a mild cd (not too heavy, i.e. three doors down) and noticed at around volume level 70 the music became crackly and very distorted. I thought maybe it was the cd, so I took it out and put something else in, same results.

So I figured, hey, maybe the little Bose can't be pushed very hard with loud, aggresive music. But when I called Bose, they told me that it should handle pretty much anything and sound perfect. So I brought it to my wife's attention and we put in a Salena cd (pretty much a lot of vocals), only to find it got crackly and distorted again at about volume level 70.

Being disappointed, I called Bose and they said it must be defective and they will send me a new one, no problem at all. After going to a music store later that night, I found another stereo (not Bose) that was about half the cost, and to me, sounded a lot better. Maybe not clearer at a low level, but it has plenty more bass, gets a helluva lot louder, and doesn't get crackly at a decent volume level. So I decided to call Bose back and told them just to cancel my order and not send me another one. Again, they were super cool about it and understood.

So, in conclusion, I hope this review doesn't shy you away from a Bose stereo. I truly believe they are a great product, and I must have just got a bad one from them. I would recommend the Bose Music System III to someone who likes lower volume music and maybe are into jazz, classical, soft rock and just basic easy listening.

There are a lot of stereo systems out there, and different people need different systems, depending on their needs. I think the Bose wasn't right for me, but I'm sure it is the best thing for a lot of people. I hope this review was helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous for a Small Space, February 9, 2013
When we moved to Vermont we downsized drastically and I quickly realized that my full-body stereo rig with floor-standing speakers was going to have to be replaced because it overwhelmed my listening space (as well as taking up too much space). (Had to get rid of my Steinway B piano for the same reasons, too, but that's another story.) So my son-in-law got my old rig and I bought this Bose. Like others, I am amazed at the quality of sound that I get from it. So, I listen to radio, play CDs and now listen to mp3s (via my iPod) on it and am never dissatisfied.

Expensive? Yes. Worth it? For my needs, yes.

Scott Morrison

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound in a small body, December 16, 2008
Tillie Traveling (Northwestern Connecticut) - See all my reviews
This sound coming out of this radio/CD player is amazing, but not surprising considering its maker. Even though it is NOT cheap, it is worth every penny and has already provided hours of enjoyment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for small apartments or other small spaces, July 22, 2010
I have had a Bose Radio for over ten years:no problems; I wanted to play my CDs on a better sound system without buying equipment that I don't have room for and that I lack the technical knowledge to install and maintain. I am very pleased with my new Bose--easy to use, good sound. It is just what I wanted.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound from a small box, August 16, 2012
slow mover (Pensacola, FL USA) - See all my reviews
The sound from this system cannot compare to full sized Bose 901s at heavy volume, but it sure does sound good in our large kitchen, and gives us the options of radio, CD, or iPod music (with the optional connect kit). Other reviewers have mentioned the lack of FM sensitivity and I agree, having had to purchase the FM antenna for an additional $9.99 to get clear reception. Weak FM reception should not be an issue with any radio at this price. Despite that, it is a terrific small music system and I'm happy with this purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, January 3, 2012
Fight Club (Somewhere around NJ on the planet Earth) - See all my reviews
My father bought this for my mother this Christmas after her stereo of 10 years began to fall apart. We were debating between this and and a few of the Sony shelf systems and my father ended up buying this (a mistake he wouldn't have made had I heard it).

Right out of the box my first impression was "okay now how do I change the default EQ settings?" I quickly discovered that the Bose Wave Music System has ZERO EQUALIZER SETTINGS. A stereo system for this price should at least have adjustable treble or bass. Nope.

Obviously, I wouldn't expect the power of a subwoofer and 5.1 surround sound, but for Bose this is a disappointment. I will admit the highs are very nice and clear. However, that's all there is. Lots of highs. If you're not exactly an audiophile you probably wouldn't buy a system with the speakers integrated into it in the first place, but I'm assuming people who pay for Bose care about their sound.

For the price you would honestly be better off spending $150-200 on a simple Sony shelf system. Even my $250 Panasonic home theater system and my $250 Logitech 5.1 computer surround sound speakers blow this out of the water. Save your money. All your paying for here is the name.

3.0 out of 5 stars Clackety Clack, September 2, 2013
My old radio went out and it was time for a new one. I recently retired and have a very hard time going to sleep-staying up until 3-4-5-6, then sleeping all day. I got the bright idea that I could listen to nature's sound music and happily drift off to sleep. But I would need something that would make the sounds of water, wind and nature sound really realistic - Bose! I got the radio plus the 4-cd changer. Very happy with the sound, even the small remote that's very uncomfortable. However, I'm about to doze off when a loud clackety clack wakes me! It's the cd changer. Every time it changes cd's, it makes the loudest racket. It's okay if you want to play one cd and you don't need to go to sleep. Other than that, it has beautiful sound. But it's still not worth the high price I paid for it. Not for my purpose, anyway.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bose> Nothing Boss About It!!!!, August 22, 2013
You get what you pay for and in this case " I didn't". It's overpriced and since my brand new cds started skipping and then the sound goes up and down I give this product No Love. When speaking with a representative on sending it back and possibly getting a new one since I was still in warranty ( just two months old). I was told that they don't replace just fix whatever is wrong with it and you the consumer has to pay a price for the repair and you the consumer will not be reimburshed either. You live and you learn and paying more doesn't mean your getting more. ImJustSaying!!!! Buyer Beware!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Radio..., July 18, 2012
Needed a new radio for my office and wanted a quality, small sound system.
this Bose Wave Radio III had many of the features I was looking for except for two things, no integrated iPod/iPhone connection and the price was a little higher than I wanted to pay.

None the less I brought it and am happy with some of the sound and quality. The remote control seems cheap and could be an issue if you use the radio/player a lot (buttons might wear out sooner - seems they could have added some extra buttons on the radio itself - not just only rely on the remote).
There is the touch power off/on feature which is nice feature. It plays MP3 disks and regular music CDs. The sound was only good. I had to turn the volume way up to get a decent tones and sounds from my music CDs (Rossini overtures from EMI Digital, do need some volume to get the best sound, this system did not perform as I would have expected - ok I was pushing this little radio)!

Overall a nice radio but could be priced better from Bose!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 425 | Next ›