4.0 out of 5 stars A decent touchscreen car radio for a low price.
Published on December 31, 2011 by Angela Bowens

3.0 out of 5 stars Dvd options
I like it but the main reason I bought this one is for the Bluetooth advertised for it but then when I got it found out that It's an optional extra, everything else works fine but if you don't want to miss out on the Bluetooth function don't get this model.
Published 7 months ago by Nick

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent touchscreen car radio for a low price., December 31, 2011
This review is from: Boss BV9993 In-Dash DVD/MP3/CD AM/FM Receiver (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I was looking for a new radio to replace my old stock for my 2001 hyndai sonata. I was researching for a month at least. I just could not decide whether I should save 50 dollars and get a 1 DIN after class radio that has the standard things that I would need, or go all out and get what a really wanted, which was a 1 DIN pull out touchscreen like the one in my dad's truck. I could have gotten rid of the storage space and put a 2 DIN touchscreen but I decided against that because 1, I wanted the storage space very much. And 2, I didn't want people seeing that I had a touchscreen in my dash or else they'd be very tempted to steal it. So in the end I settled on this radio. The Boss BV9993. It has ALMOST all the features I wanted in a touchscreen. Everything EXCEPT navigation. When I was looking up the features I asked over and over again if it was navigation ready and never received an answer. Well, for all who are wondering. It DOES NOT. I will say though that it has A LOT of cords in the back of the radio (I installed it myself, it was easy, just google directions on how to do it for YOUR car) that can be connected if one wanted, or could be ignored. I choose to ignore a lot of them. Like for instance it has a connector for a reverse camera, but first you'd need to install a camera on the back of your car. And it is satellite radio capable, but you'd need an add on for that as well. And one thing I MAY decide to hook up in the far future are the many video outputs it has for multiple screen attachments like a headset. But other than the one thing it does not have, it makes up for in what it DOES have. I LOVE the fact that I can put in my SD memory card and am able to READ which files are which and easily choose which one I want to play. Although the order cannot be altered so it reads it the way it looks on a computer. If you want to categorize them you'll need to make folders on the computer first. Also it can play pictures and videos (few formats) straight from the memory card so you could always put a movie. But then again it plays DVD's too. If there were one thing that I wish it could do that it does not, it'd have too be background changing capabilities. That would be the ULTIMATE experience because I'm a visual person so I love having pictures as backgrounds on my devices. Well.. I can't have everything.. well I can but I'd have to pay a lot more money to get all those things. ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars pretty decent, May 16, 2012
honestly i was leery of buyin a boss product. but i must say its a nice headunit. and the backgoround and the way the menu is set up feels like a dvd player twice as exspensive really pleased!

5.0 out of 5 stars Boss BV9993, June 8, 2012
Those of you who read my reviews know I like these units along with Dual,Pyle,Pioneer,Sony and JVC...........these are good value for money units,the reviews are polar on these units some really like them,some not so much,Boss Do actually put out some good units but do seem to have a tendency when launching a new model not to set a benchmark,the BV9993 IS a good unit and from my experience is easy to install(I install ALOT of Radios,ALWAYS with Metra kits or the like as CORRECT installation is the difference between a happy owner and an insurance claim for a loom fire or serious loom damage because the radio has shorted out or the correct tray wasnt used as these bad boys DO get hot)I have installed several of these for people in various age cars from a classic XJ6 to a Hyundai Tiburon,none of the radios have been problematic bar one,and that was because the kid who owned the car tried to install a sub...........nuff said.This IS a good unit but INSPECT INSPECT INSPECT on arrival,check the two carriage screws are in place,make sure EVRYTHING is present and accounted for,sealed in manufacturer baggies this will show prior install or a rough journey from the seller,most are dead in the water or malfunction due to rough treatment prior to arriving at your door.This unit has a clear picture,controls can be difficult to navigate at first as they are NOT intuitive,but after a short while you will be familiar with this unit and have no problem operating.A Good buy at a reasonable price NOT at a retail outlet as you wpuld pay FULL retail value or at best a mingy discount way less than available online.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product... all right..., July 2, 2014
excellent product... all right...

3.0 out of 5 stars Dvd options, April 2, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars not so happy, May 25, 2013
It worked great for the first year or so but it just recently stopped reading any cds or dvds. It is suppose to have a three year warrenty but I misplaced the receit and threw away the package. If anyone out there know what kind of actions I can take to get it replaced or a refund please help me

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAAAZING!!!!!, March 8, 2013
I absolutely LOVE this stereo! It is everything I was looking for 340 watts and it is beautiful. The only bad thing is that it does not fit in my car because I'm a dork and didn't realize this fact before hand. I actually liked it soo much I can't sell it back. I shall just by a car to fit the stereo instead of the other way around. LOL!!

4.0 out of 5 stars ESTE DISPOSITIVO TIENE UNA BUENA CALIDADEL, March 2, 2013
EL PRECIO ES MUY BUENO EN COMPARACION CON OTROS DE LA MISMA CALIDAD, ADEMAS LA ENTREGA FUE OPORTUNA, LAS CONDICIONES DE EMBAAJE TAMBIEN SON BUENAS

1.0 out of 5 stars Great at first, February 5, 2013
I loved it at first but then after awhile of having it the lil box of wires that is on the back was getting really hot and the screen would freeze up and you couldn't use the screen at all. Half the time you prayed it worked and then you were lucky if it did.

5.0 out of 5 stars all good, December 28, 2012
funciona muy bien, llego en buen estado el equipo, elegante potente, recomendado y buena relación precio calidad, tiene muchas funciones

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›