5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful
They are exactly what my daughter need for working in a cold freezer at a local grocery store at the right price !
Published 9 months ago by Fire Chief

3.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable and fairly warm, while they last.
Published on January 6, 2011 by David Cox

3.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable and fairly warm, while they last., January 6, 2011
These gloves are a little stiff at first. They look like muppet hands or something with no details to speak of. They are just like most other grippy gloves, only insulated for warm weather. They break in quicky and are extremely comfortable, and fairly dexterous for winter work gloves. They will keep your hands warm, provided the gloves are warm and dry when you put them on.

I took 2 stars off, even though I still wear these all the time. One star comes off for breathability. These gloves will get wet with sweat. One side effect of keep your hands warm, is that they will sweat. These gloves don't feature any high tech wicking materials or anything of the sort, just warmth for your hands. You may not notice it at first, but if you take them off to dial a phone or grab a snack, putting them back on is not fun. Make sure you dry them out by a heat source at night or the next cold morning won't be fun. Don't bother trying to turn them inside out, its nearly impossible.

The second star is dropped for durability. The palm and fingers seam very touch and I still haven't worn though them at all, but the crotch between the thumb and index finger is very susceptible to tearing, just through normal range of motion. It starts as a little tiny hole, then its like a webbing, then then you just have a giant hole about the size of a nickel right over that flap of skin between your thumb and finger. Admittedly, I don't need much protection there for my typical use, and the ventilation is nice for problem #1, but they should just rip like that after a few weeks of regular use.

For comfort, they are hard to match. I've worn several gloves for cold and warm weather, and this are pretty high up the list for comfort and ease of use once they break in a bit. There are very few tasks I actually have to remove them for to do well. There are few things that are uncomfortable to hold while wearing them. I mainly use them at work as a home remodeler. Building decks, or installing windows, or just moving ladders and grabbing cold metal like a truck door handle or a hammer, its all easier when everything you touch doesn't suck the cold right out of your hand, and it doesn't all feel razor sharp. I also heat my house with firewood and these are great for grabbing logs. They stay dry even when grabbing wood out of the rain or snow. And they always grip very well.

They are great gloves. Simple design, but comfy and warm. Just keep them dry, and don't expect them to last forever. For the money, you can't expect excellence, but you do get some bang for your buck.

4.0 out of 5 stars gloves are great, May 25, 2014
Miss Ellie (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
I use these during the winter months when bringing in the firewood and starting the wood stove. I also keep a pair in the car for when I need to pump gas. Why a 4 star and not a 5 star? Because I am a woman with small hands and these gloves in size small cost 3 times the cost of my husbands x-large size gloves.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love these gloves, March 4, 2014
This review is from: Boss Gloves 8439M Frosty Grip Medium Gloves with Textured Latex and Heavyweight, Blue
I wish they could find a way to strengthen the durability. They rip after awhile, but never seem to last long enough. They do work well at keeping the hands warm and they are wonderful for gripping anything when it's cold and slippery. The best I've found to this date.

2.0 out of 5 stars not as warm as stated, January 22, 2014
First these gloves are not small, they are bigger than a normal size. Second I bought these based on the reviews as i have a thumb that was frostbite years ago and have problems keeping it warm. I got them and went out to shove( Minnesota all we do is shovel) 7 degrees out and my fingers were still cold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, January 4, 2014
Fire Chief (North Carolina) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cold Weather Gloves for Working, January 24, 2013
This review is from: Frosty Grip Glove (Misc.)
I have been using these gloves for two years. They are great.

The gloves keep your hands dry, and that is a giant first step in keeping them warm when you have to handle wet or snowy items. Second they allow you to handle small items with great dexterity, another step in keeping your hands warm as you do not have to remove them often to handle small items. Third, they wear like iron, I work heavy construction and these gloves last two and sometimes three weeks before showing signifigant wear. Fourth, they give a great grip on just about everything, they are about the only thing that will allow a good grip on the new non-lubricate wire we electricians use.

All in all a great glove for a small price. Buy them, you will not be dissappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, February 17, 2011
Amazon Customer (Chester Springs, PA) - See all my reviews
I've had better made gloves, but they do the job just fine for the price. The logo will peel off after several use, but that's not important, the rubber tips remain good over time.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are AWESOME!, December 27, 2009
These are not only really "grippy", they are really warm!! I live in Minnesota and used them today for the first time and my fingers did not get cold at all.
These are GREAT! warmth without the bulk!