Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

on January 31, 2012
When looking for conductivity gloves, I look for 3 main features: Great conductivity, warmth, and good dexterity within the fingers. These gloves hit two out of the three (great conductivity and dexterity with the fingers).

First, I must say, the conductive fingertips work absolutely perfect. No issues with any type of conductive device. Better yet, these are one of the only pairs of gloves to include the conductivity material around the ENTIRE fingertip. This is very important, as you often touch your screens with the sides of your finger, not just the the tip.

Second, the thinness of the gloves allow for high dexterity, making texting and precise navigation doable. These gloves run a bit small, but that actually helps them hug your fingers very nicely, giving you no bulky padding to cause erroneous taps. However, if you have larger hands, these might be a bit small, exposing some of your wrist.

However, the main reason you wear a glove is to keep your hands warm, and unfortunately, these gloves fall a bit short in that department. I live in Michigan, and our winter climate averages around 32*F. These gloves definitely do not keep my hands warm while driving. They DO keep them significantly warmer than if I had not warn any gloves, but they fall noticeably short compared to some thicker alternatives. They insulate about as well as your average thin knit glove. I will say the material Boss Tech used though is quite soft. They feel great while wearing them.

As far as aesthetics are concerned, these aren't very masculine looking gloves due to the silver fingertips. I've gotten a few comments (not very positive) on their aesthetics while wearing them, but that isn't necessarily a fault with the gloves, so I won't knock any points off for this.

Overall, I am pleased with the conductivity and dexterity of the gloves, but I really wish they insulated a bit more. These ARE knit gloves, so don't expect any waterproofing, but if you live in 35*F and above climates, these should be perfect.
22 comments|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2011
I was worried these would feel cheap, but they don't. They are cashmere and spandex and they look and feel like very nice gloves, except, of course, at the 3 fingertips where the conductive thread is. They work perfectly too.
on November 9, 2012
These are my new favorite gloves -- they are super soft and they work with my phone. They're not perfect, but for a cashmere blend glove at such a good price, I can overlook the imperfections. For one thing, I have small hands and they are a little too big for me (almost all gloves are) -- but the fit is good enough that if I scrunch the fingers down, I can still get good contact with the conductive patches to use my phone. And, as some other reviewers mentioned, there are strange threads that poke out -- just turn the gloves inside out and pull the threads through to the inside, make a small knot close to the surface, and trim the tails. I ordered grey, and the color is light grey (not charcoal as in the photo). I'm planning to get a black pair and order some more as gifts.
Update (11/19/2012) -- Warning: not all colors created equal. I stand by my 5-star review because the grey gloves I bought are great. Since then I have bought four more pairs. In my opinion, in terms of both softness and quality, the grey are best followed in order by: black, black/pink, black/purple, and black with grey snowflakes (which look exactly like the black with blue snowflakes, but for some reason are sold as a separate item on another page). The patterned ones have issues with loose threads and holes and are not super soft. I recommend sticking with the solid colors unless you're willing to do some sewing.
Update (11/24/2015) -- Still wearing these gloves after several years, and still recommend them, but my expectations are aligned with the price. The patterned ones are prone to holes and knots. And the solid ones pill after a season of regular wear. The good news is that they are cheap! So I don't feel too badly shelling out another $8 every year for a fresh pair. Compared to the $2 super thin stretchy gloves I can buy at the grocery store, these are a major upgrade. These gloves are not warm like ski gloves, but much better than the super cheap stretchy variety. They are soft and I can use my phone while wearing them. Still recommend.
on December 14, 2011
I was worried they wouldn't work with my iPhone, but they work like a dream. The cashmere is so soft and feels luxurious. I might even go so far as to say using them is an improvement over using my bare fingers. I feel like I almost typed faster.
on February 4, 2012
Just received these gloves brand new in the package. Both glove are coming apart where the thumb meets the palm. The right hand glove is the worst. There is a dime sized hole at the base of the thumb.

Needless to say I am not happy!

They seemed like they would be nice gloves if they weren't coming apart. I know you get what you pay for, and these were only $10.00. But I thought I might wear them a few times before they came apart!

Oh well....
on January 4, 2012
I like how soft they are and the fingers work just OK. There are weird hard spots, probably due to how they weave the glove in order to get the silver thread to the finger tips. There are a couple of spots on the back of the hand and in the fingers where the silver thread shows through.

I end up putting them on so the hard spots are on the backs of my hands and sides of several fingers.

Really have to press to get them to work with iPhone, but they do the job. I'm not supposed to be writing a novel, just unlocking phone to check directions and email and make a call.
on March 12, 2012
This was a gift for my girlfriend and she loves them (the black with purple bands). Whenever it is cold enough for gloves, she'll put these on instead of the "folding-back" mitten-style texting gloves that I bought for her the year before.

I bought a set for myself as well (the black with charcoal tips). I had a problem with mine, on each glove a hole opened along a seam. Thankfully, she was able to sew them back up for me. Just be aware that although they are flexible, they can tear. The tears I experienced were within 48 hours... Since being sewn, they haven't torn since.
on February 5, 2012
Gloves came on time. One already had loose threads so there is a hole between the thumb and fingers. Hda to press very hard to get them to work and at that, only sometimes. Dissapointing!!
on October 24, 2012
These gloves look high quality. The conductivity when used with both a Droid X and a Razr Maxx HD was just like using my fingers! I was afraid they would be bulky and awkward, but they're not. I haven't worn them in extreme cold yet, but they seem to be just as warm as my regular gloves. Would definitely buy again.
on December 3, 2012
I received the gloves. and the package says it is made of 95% Acrylic and 5% Elasthane as shown in the image of the package I uploaded. This is different from the advertised 95% Cashmere and 5% spandex.
review image