Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now Tikes

on November 12, 2012
I ordered this setup because it I am trying to remove alot of the wires (clutter) in room, the wireless sub was what i was looking for in this type of system. I will be the first to say that it is not as great as a full sorround sound system, but it does fill the room with a great movie quality surround sound. The only disappointment that i found is that there is no controls for the soundbar itself (ie. trebble or bass). The wireless sub sounds great in relationship with the sound bar (it has a control knob on it to turn it up or down). I was concerned about my wifi (2.6 hz) interfering with the 2.6 hz for the sub, but it has no affect on the sound and they are in the same room. I would recommend this product.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon August 22, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Hooked this up to my 42 inch HDTV in my living room via optical cable. The soundbar comes with a small remote. It has two modes, music and movie.

This summed up my experience with the TVee26.

Comparison between the older TVee 25 and TVee26:

- Same wattage but TVee 26 is much smaller in footprint than TVee 25. The TVee 26 subwoofer is about half the weight (6.6 lbs to 11.9 lbs) of the TVee 25 despite a slightly bigger cone, 6.5" to 6". Sound bar a bit slimmer.

- Setup is a breeze. The subwoofer and the soundbar are pre-paired when they ship it to you. All you need to do is supply an audio signal to the soundbar and supply power on the subwoofer.
- Soundbar looks good. Low profile with rubber footings.
- Can be programmed to work with your existing remote

- sound quality is so-so. I don't hear much difference between the high and low frequencies. It is pretty much muddled in the middle together. I don't feel any thud or thump, just low rumblings. Most importantly, spoken words are low that you have a tendency to turn the volume higher to hear the dialogue, which in turn causes the sound effects to be much louder than necessary.
on April 3, 2014
I'll start by saying that I am a tech person, with years of exp in IT and audio. I have owned the product for a month and will say that I am happy with my unit. My ratings are based on performance, installation, price and overall satisfaction.

This unit was extremely simple to install. All the necessary cables for installation were supplied in the box with the unit. It took no more than 5min after it was out of the box. Sync the wireless subwoofer was too easy. (FYI: my subs gain is set to about about 1 o'clock).

The sound quality is very good considering this is a inexpensive soundboard with a small sub. My application/setup was for my led tv in a medium size room. The audio is abviously better than the Tv speakers and sounds great. We can now watch tv and enjoy everything from movies, tv shows, and music from concert DVDs or Pandora. It fills the room nicely. This should not be compared to other units that are out of its price range nor to other 5.1 units, as this is not a 5.1.

I will not go into specs as many have already elaborated, but I will say it has two aux (both earphone plug style) and a optical connector. I used optical. If you have an older tv that does not have optical out, but instead RCA out an adapter was supplied with mine for typical RCA (red/white) to earphone. The small remote is a nice accessorie although unnecessary.

I got my unit on sale via another vendor for half the price here. This obviously adds to my satisfaction by and extra 50% to my pocket.. Lol. There are other units like Sony ct150 that are about 2$$. Although the sony had some nice features (like a hdmi passthru), it was unnecessary since my tv has plenty of hdmi connectors. I also found this unit to produce better sound, particularly at higher volumes.

Pros: easy install, great price, good sound, exactly what I needed
Cons: none (expectations met)

As with everything, know what you are buying beforehand and you will be a happy camper. If you are looking add to your tv experience and replace the use of your tv speakers. This is a good option. Ps: the wireless sub keeps the wife happy, out of sight out of mind.

I will update in a few months and talk about quality and longevity.
Good luck
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2013
Two things: Don't pay retail for this item. I bought it off of Woot for $120.00 That's a big reason I am giving it a top rating. Not so sure if I paid $350. The second thing; make sure your TV doesn't have a lock on the volume control on the remote if you turn off the TV speakers (which you have to do). You can test this by going into your audio settings, turning of the built-in speakers and then trying to use the volume control on the remote. If you get a pop-up box that says "Function Not Available", or something similar, stay away from this product. You will get frustrated trying to incorporate their remote and balance the sound levels.

My LG TV doesn't have a lock out and I was able to program my current TV remote in less than 4 minutes. The sound bar sits right up on the speaker stand and looks great. I had to mess with the subwoofer volume a bit. I find that the 3/4 setting is just right. The usual big movie blasts give the appropriate rumble but the most telling thing for me is how the soundbar handles dialogue. It gets completely separate from the ambient noise and comes at you from the center for the most part and is perfectly clear.

I find that you have to turn up the volume to a higher level (in my case, number) than you used to on the TV speakers alone. It have a different relative scale but the payoff is pretty darn good. This set up is in a bedroom so take that into account. For the price I paid, I am over-the-top. I've run Netflix, Pandora and a regular HD TV through it and the improvement over the built in speakers is remarkable. Best Woot purchase ever.
on October 13, 2013
Spent quite a bit of time troubleshooting and spoke with someone live as to why my Samsung TV and direct TV remotes dont work properly. Very frustrating and I am not considered technically challenged. As a result I disconnected the sound bar from my TV and now use it to play music via bluetooth.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 23, 2014
Pros: Price, Easy Connection and Setup

Cons: Just about everything else. Slightly better (read richer, more bass) than built in TV speakers. Subwoofer looses connection and you must cycle the power to restore connection. Ambient sounds often overshadow dialogue necessitating overly loud average volume levels. Within a few months it stopped responding to the remote. Now I get no indicator lights either meaning I can't tell if it is on unless I get close enough to hear where the sound is coming from. In addition I have to walk up to it to adjust volume and without indicators you often can't tell if it has changed or not until you've gone past the volume you were looking for. The fast failure reads as poor design and quality control.
on July 7, 2014
The subwoofer stopped working after 4 months. No reason why. Called support and they basically said that if I didn't have a receipt (which I don't anymore) than there's nothing they can do. Poor quality.. Do yourself a favor and buy a real brand
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2014
The sound of this system is fantastic (which from my limited experience, is typical of Boston Acoustics)! The subwoofer puts out good bass and the system does give a sense of surround to it (which definitely is a nice surprise). We also have our iPad/iPod dock connected to it, so between the dvd player and those, there are plenty of options for music (which sounds great as well).

I picked this because of its size (the size of a competing unit probably wouldn't have fit in front of the TV (which is where I have this system) without blocking the bottom of the screen. I also like the plain black grill (it blends in nicely without being obnoxious in its design).

Lastly, it is nice to be able to pair the speaker system with my cable box remote to control the volume (it's hard for me to imagine having to control volume with a completely separate remote!).

Ultimately, I would HIGHLY recommend this system.
on June 28, 2013
I've been through two of these. When it works, or sounds good. It hardly works though. The subwoofer randomly cuts in and out and loses connection when it feels like it. then sometimes it decides it doesn't even want to pair. Giant waste of my money.
on November 12, 2014
I have had this thing for a year, and the performance of the (cable) remote control with the soundabar is becoming intolerable. It was all right at first.

I now press on it with my thumb for the longest time, and finally, the sound goes either way up or way down.

I am sick of this, and wish I had a different soundbar. An earlier model works well.