Most helpful critical review
35 of 38 people found the following review helpful
on August 22, 2013
Hooked this up to my 42 inch HDTV in my living room via optical cable. The soundbar comes with a small remote. It has two modes, music and movie.
This summed up my experience with the TVee26.
Comparison between the older TVee 25 and TVee26:
- Same wattage but TVee 26 is much smaller in footprint than TVee 25. The TVee 26 subwoofer is about half the weight (6.6 lbs to 11.9 lbs) of the TVee 25 despite a slightly bigger cone, 6.5" to 6". Sound bar a bit slimmer.
- Setup is a breeze. The subwoofer and the soundbar are pre-paired when they ship it to you. All you need to do is supply an audio signal to the soundbar and supply power on the subwoofer.
- Soundbar looks good. Low profile with rubber footings.
- Can be programmed to work with your existing remote
- sound quality is so-so. I don't hear much difference between the high and low frequencies. It is pretty much muddled in the middle together. I don't feel any thud or thump, just low rumblings. Most importantly, spoken words are low that you have a tendency to turn the volume higher to hear the dialogue, which in turn causes the sound effects to be much louder than necessary.