Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Boston Round Bottles, 4 oz. Pack of 12
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: 12 Pack|Change

on December 26, 2012
I was looking for 4 oz amber bottles which were not plastic/plastisol lined. These are the ones.
Shipping was quick. Each bottle was individually bubble wrapped. I did have one cap break due to only one layer of wrap which popped leaving the cap corner unprotected. Otherwise they were well packaged.

The inner seal is the clear plastic (phenolic in other descriptions) cone type. They seal well.

Leak check: I got a bottle cold, vented the cap, tightened to snug (about 3/4-7/8 fully cinched down), let come to room temp, then put in hot water. I did not see any bubbles escape. when I took it out and loosened the cap, I heard the puff of air.
I then did the reverse, vented it hot, then put in cold water. No water was sucked back inside.

I'm confident that with a fully snug cap, these will hold whatever liquid contents are inside with changes in ambient temperature or what they are likely to encounter during shipping (since it appears a bunch of you are shipping vanilla).

The caps do sit a little crooked when not fully cinched down, but appear to straighten out as they are completely closed. It dose not appear to be a seal issue.

One reviewer mentioned a minty smell. Mine had some kind of scent. I think maybe from the plastic liner having been sealed new. I gave everything a long soak in Oxyclean-Free (unscented), and there is no lingering scent.

One reviewer mentioned they hold more than 4 oz. This is true. 4 fluid oz comes to about the midpoint on the shoulder. Filled to the lower neck ring just below the cap, it will hold approximately 4.3 fluid oz. Measured by weight with distilled water at 65F, with the understanding that 1 fluid ounce of water = 1.043 dry oz by weight. Glass expands and contracts a bit, so don't get too fussy with decimals. :) It's important to leave some headspace as well, to allow for expansion/contraction or hydrostatic shock, without leaking.
33 comments| 201 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2015
I needed 4 ounce bottles for my homemade vanilla & I made my first order from Amazon Prime seller 'Glass Bottle Outlet' - the bottles came beautifully & individually packaged in a special box & the nicer Phenolic Cone Lined Caps (much better seal & washable). But, on my second order, I didn't pay attention to the seller & the bottles came mostly broken, scratched & only had the smaller plastic caps with a paper insert (not washable).

BUT, the most notable difference is the size! The nicer ones from Glass Bottle Outlet were a much thicker glass AND a true 4 ounce (118 ml) - but the other ones were smaller (100ml - only 3.38 ounces!!) and the glass was so thin & brittle! Needless to say, I returned the broken ones & have re-ordered several times from Glass Bottle Outlet without any problems.

I've uploaded a few photos for you to compare the differences. Hope this helps! =)
review image review image review image
55 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 17, 2010
I ordered these bottles to some home made vanilla extract. They arrived very quickly and are exactly what I was looking for. The caps have a conical plug that engages the inner lip of the bottle to make a solid seal.
22 comments| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2012
We did up a good batch of homemade vanilla to give out at Christmas this year. These are the perfect size. Not so small that they would be a joke as a gift & not so big that they'll never use it all. Just right.
on September 7, 2011
I bought these to bottle my homemade vanilla extract for guests at a bridal shower. They are the perfect size and were easy to fill with a small funnel I purchased at a local home store. Brown color keeps the sun out of the bottle as well. They come packaged well too so no worries on breakage or anything in transit. Perfect purchase!
on June 16, 2012
This was exactly what I was looking for at a very reasonable price. I make tinctures for our families use and to share with friends which require the use of brown bottles to protect the tincture fron light.
on July 28, 2012
I am a bit dissapointed - I love the actual bottle but got the wrong top for them. The picture here on line shows a solid black cap and I got a eye dropper type top! This is not what I ordered! I want to use it for home made vanilla and need the solid tops! Hopefully I can get in touch with the company and get this resolved!
on September 10, 2012
great size bottles for gift giving, convenient ordering and received order in perfect condition
would recommend to all my friends
on August 18, 2013
These were just what I was looking for. I plan to make some homemade vanilla for Christmas presents and needed just these bottles. Amazon did a great job for me again. The company that sent them also had them packaged nicely and all arrived safely.
on February 23, 2012
I ordered and then cancelled the 2 oz and 4 oz bottles listed here and now sold by MHB. I contacted them to see about using these bottles for vanilla extract. I got a reply stating that they were for lab use and they couldn't state they would be safe for other uses. I had bottles in my shopping list from Amazon and the reviews here seem to be from when the bottles were supplied from another vendor. Reviews should not attach to a different supplier because the quality and uses can be different.
55 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse