Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

I am now on my second pair of this particular shoe and I would have to say that I am just as pleased with the second pair as I was with the first. I have to admit that the price is what I find the most appealing. These shoes are very hard to distinguish from its more expensive peers and I believe that few individuals would be able to tell the difference. My only complaints are that they do not hold a polish quite as well as I would like and the sole wore out a little quicker than I had expected. These problems can be cured, however, with frequent polishing and a trip to the cobbler to have a rubber sole glued on for a minimal fee. Even without the addition of the rubber sole, my first pair lasted for about six months with daily use. These shoes are perfect for those on a budget, and will certainly get the job done in style.
on January 15, 2007
I'm forced to purchase shoes over the Internet given my shoe size and that the local (Caribbean) stores don't often have my size in the styles I like. I'm partial to Bostonian and Giorgio Brutini as they seem to have standard styles. This Bostonian is the first shoe I've purchased unseen and I am pleased with the fit and the look. The shoe is also stitched at the bottom and that's very important to me. As I've only had the shoes for a month, it's a little early for me to discuss longevity and will update on this characteristic if durability becomes a factor in the future
on July 22, 2012
Received the shoes which looked spectacular. Have been buying Bostonians for 30 years without issues. These shoes were comfortable and looked great for approximately 3 or 4 hours. Wore them at work, not outside and not in the rain. In the short time I wore them the nice shine had given way to a peeling surface on both shoes. Underneath was a flat greyish matt finish. I never wore them a second day. I don't know if these were fake Bostonians or the real thing with a major production malfunction. What I don't like about the Amazon process "and I love Amazon" you don't get any direct feedback when you return the item so you pretty much have to err on the side of caution and assume that the shoes are all the same and that you just didn't get a defective pair. Such a petty because the price is right but then again maybe this is why!
on January 11, 2013
Terribly constructed product - returned after wearing them 2 days. The gloss finish began pealing like bad latex paint. I have previously purchased the Akron Oxford and liked them, but but the products has failed completely.
on December 10, 2013
The shoes are shiny. If that is all you want then you will be happy. When you get the shoe you will immediately notice that they look and feel cheap. This is of course, if you have a discerning eye and have had the pleasure of owning "good" shoes of "high quality". If you have not owned a high quality shoe then you may not know the difference. The sole, for instance, tries to fool you into thinking they are leather but is is smooth rubber with no tread of any kind. Similar to glass and just as slippery. The leather uppers have been treated or painted with something that gives them an artificial look like tux shoes. It starts to flake off almost immediately upon wearing them. It makes you wonder why they would spend so much effort doing this. Surely it isn't for the shine. There are other ways to get a good shine. One thing that you can't cover up easily is poor quality leather. It is my personal opinion that these have been "sprayed" or "treated" to cover a poorly constructed shoe. One comment on here states that the shoes are stitched to the sole. This is only an appearance. Most shoes today are not stitched to the sole. It is expensive and requires more materials and labor. One way to tell is to look at the side of the sole. If it is truely stitched it will have a lateral split in the sole. This is where the base plate which is attached to the upper is stitched and glued to the actual sole. When they wear out they can be separated from the shoe and new ones sewn on. When they sew the new ones on it is sewn to the base plate and not the leather upper. Anyway, enough about this. If you really think you can get a good quality dress shoe for 60 dollars then you are mistaken. Unless it is on clearance at a reputable seller then you are getting what you pay for. A good dress shoe starts about 130 and goes up to 300. The shoes were returned.

P.S. If you have a high instep these shoes will not be a good fit for you. The reason is the shortness of the tongue. It is stitched high on the upper thus preventing the option to loosen the laces sufficiently to allow for a good fit.
on June 7, 2013
These look good in pictures, but do not look so great in person.
to make matters worse, they are not very comfortable.

They remind me of those shoes that you rent at the tuxedo shop before a wedding or prom or something.
Not comfortable.
Shiny, but not comfortable.
These are especially bad if you are actually going to be using them. Walking in them, wearing them day in and day out.
They are stiff, uncomfortable, hard, and they don't seem like they will wear in very well.
on January 30, 2013
I've worn these shoes 6 times since I've bought them and right now they look like I've worn them daily for a year. They're uncomfortable and have an absurd crease where my toes bend. I don't have to wear dress shoes often for work, but when I do I'm on my feet all day and these simply cant handle that. I'm doing nothing strenuous with them, just walking around. Avoid these shoes.
on June 10, 2015
Excellent shoes. I normally wear a 11 buy these in 10 I like the fact these come in wide widths. Initially the leather is very hard but softens up beautifully with wear. The heel on these are made of wood and wear down very fast. I suggest getting a heel protector to keep them looking good.
on May 2, 2014
My experience with Bostonian shoes leads me to believe that this may be a knockoff product. The leather is not pliable at all. As a matter of fact the leather is so stiff it cuts into my ankle and I cannot wear them. I tried to work the leather on the opening of the shoe to see if I could get it more pliable by bending the leather back and forth at the opening but to no avail. I simply cannot walk in them as they are so hard that they are truly uncomfortable. My past experience with Bostonian Shoes bought in a local store, was always a great shoe. This leads me to believe that maybe this is a knockoff using the Bostonian name. I would never recommend buying things of this nature over the internet.
on January 23, 2012
The shoes were very poor quality - the exterior finish began to flake off after about 2 hours of wear. I'm not sure the product was even real leather as it was supposed to be. I do not recommend buying this shoe. I've owned many pairs of Bostonian shoes over the last 15 years, but the pair I purchased here was not the same. I was extremely disappointed.

See 1 answered question