Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 16, 2015
Good Shoes. Very comfortable and almost no break in. I order these pair after pair and have been doing so for a few years. Each pair usually lasts me 3-4 months before the soles wear out and they aren't worth replacing so I just buy the next pair. I use them for work and for dress. The latest pair doesn't breathe well so I sweat after wearing it for a few hours. Previous pairs (Made in China) didn't have this issue. It seems like the manufacturer is now making the shoe in India (it has a new model #). I'm not sure if this is the cause of the lack of breath-ability, but I won't keep buying these.

PRO's:

1) Nice Looking
2) Super Comfortable
3) Cheap

CON's

2) Soles wear out within 3-4 months (Shoe becomes slippery on ice patches or on stone sidewalks after it rains)
3) Sweaty after wearing for a few hours.
on July 25, 2011
I bought a pair of these at a Bostonian outlet store about two years ago. They were extremely lightweight and comfortable. They are also cool; I generally do not have to worry about my feet perspiring when these shoes. I have minor foot problems (symptoms of Morton's neuroma). I wear these with a pair of Birkenstock inserts. I love these shoes. I live just about 2 miles from work and I regularly walk to work. I found them such good shoes that I quickly bought a second pair.

I normally wear size 9.5; with my inserts I found that I need to wear a size 10. One very minor issue I have is that they show water if any drips on them. I decided not to use any waterproofing on them since they are so comfortable and cool feeling as they are. So, these are not the shoes to wear if it is raining.

I have worn the soles down on my original two pair; I will probably buy two new pair when the soles are worn out. I have seen them on sale for $70 (and if they go into the clearance bin, I am buying several pair).
on February 6, 2014
I have purchased these from the local big name store for the last several years and each time the pair fit comfortably on day one. I figured take a chance and get them for cheaper on Amazon. I am somewhat disappointed with the product. I noticed that the tongue has different material and certainly has different writing on it than my last few pairs. The interior of the shoe seems to have somewhat harder material than my last pair. Bostonian, what did you change on this shoe? The fit is also somewhat more snug than my last few pairs also. (No I haven't gained any weight) I know they changed something with the Black Ipswich because I also bought a brown pair with the same order and guess what? Its the same fit and oh so comfortable feel as the last few black pairs I have purchased. The tongue also has the same material and writing on it as my last black pair. I can only assume that they sell so many more black pairs than brown so to cut cost, maybe they went with slightly different materials or are making them at a different facility. I will have to wear them for a few months and give an update, but I can certainly say that for anyone who has purchased these in the past few years, in my humble opinion, something has changed to make them slightly less comfortable (in black.) Don't worry about the brown ones, they are just as comfy as I remember. And much like your old high school girlfriend, more attractive in person than in the pictures.
77 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2015
The upper material is no so good, as it appears corrugated after a week of using the shoes. would not buy again. i would like to get my money back. the product don't seem to be genuine.
review image
44 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2011
I've owned several different Bostonians and these may have the been the easiest to break-in. I wore them the first time for a 9 hour day at work and never looked back. They are very light and the rubber sole makes them very comfortable. I work at a doctors office and are on my feet a lot. These are perfect and hope that they have a good lifespan.
on March 31, 2015
Well the wide shoes are comfortable, though I wish a little narrower in the heel. Overall comfortable, I recommend a custom pair of insoles. One word of caution, these shoes have excess polish on them! Be sure to wipe them down with a paper towel. I never polish my shoe tongues because I wear expensive wool socks year round. See the pic to view what happens if you forget to wipe the tongue off. As such, I docked one star for the cost of a new pair of wool socks.
on March 27, 2013
This is my second pair of these great shoes. Hands down, these are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned (including my ECCO golf shoes). I bought a black pair last Fall and wore them for 3 days straight standing at college career fairs without breaking them in first. I needed a pair of brown shoes for my daughter's upcoming wedding and I didn't have to give it a second thought. These shoes are extremely light and ridiculously comfortable. I typically wear insoles for occasional Plantars Fasciitis, but I don't need them with these. The one downside is that the lightweight soles do tend to wear quickly, but not enough to make any kind of recommendation against them. Highly recommend!!
on July 17, 2014
I believe I was sold a fake pair of Bostonian's. I had this pair before and they did not hurt my feet like this pair does. I also currently have the same pair in brown and they don't hurt my feet. I compared the writing on the tongue and it is different. Also the place they were made was different. The black pair I bought on amazon is made in India and the brown pair which I bought at Nordstrom was made in China. Further proof why I believe that these are fake, is that if you lift the foam padding in the shoe up on the fake ones I bought on here and it is white. On the brown ones its like black and white. I also checked at Nordstrom and the black ones there have the black and white under the padding.
on October 31, 2012
I don't know what is with Flexlite, but this product is the absolute best and most comfortable business shoes I have ever had. I am a business consultant in the finance sector, wearing men's business shoes for about ten years. I have never had shoes as comfortable as the Bostonian Ipswich Flexlite model. This is true about how my feet sit on the bottom of the shoe, how it supports the sides, and how the top and back feel when I walk. I wear this shoe for over 18 hours a day on my busy work days and can't complain about it.
on April 12, 2014
I ordered these for my husband and asked him to review them:

FYI, I fit a 9 even though I usually wear 10.5 in other shoes.

Bostonian Men's Ipswich Lace-UpThese are the best dress shoes I've ever come across. They felt great from the first time I put them on, requiring no breaking in, and are comfortable for walking even long distances. They don't have that stiff heel other dress shoes do, and they flex a little bit so aren't clunky (and don't make that clunky sound).

The style is classic, perfect for my office, which is conservative financial (suit/tie). They don't stick out in any way, good or bad, just blend right in, which is exactly what I want. One pair in brown and one in black, and you're set for a few years.