Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 26, 2013
CAUTION: Soles do not have any traction on slick, wet surfaces such as marble or tile. If you were at the Atlanta airport on Saturday, you saw me skating and falling when I hit a wet spot.

To be fair, I like these shoes. Good fit. Weigh nothing. Look okay. Sole is thin and seems to wear fast. Traction fine on rougher surfaces. I'll just crawl through puddles on glossy floors in the future.
55 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2014
These shoes are surprisingly light and look better than I expected. If you're comparing the to a $300 pair of Italian or American formal dress shoes, then they'd get maybe 1.5 stars. But, I'm comparing them to any other $50+ Chinese casual dress shoe--and as such, they are delightfully more than expected.

They look good enough to wear with a suit, but definitely not for formal dress.

I bought a black pair 9 months ago, and wear them about 3 days a week. They have held up well, so I just bought two more pair.

They fit exactly as expected. I'm a 9.5 EE (wide) in New Balance Running shoes. And, that's what these are, and fit great.
review image
on April 11, 2011
I have 2 pairs of Bostonian shoes with the Wenham being my second. Let me first say how comfortable I find the Bostonian brand of shoe to be. The brand is like heaven to my feet whereas other popular and often more expensive shoes are...well they're not like heaven on my feet. So having already owned a pair of Bostonians I was intrigued with the lighterweight Flexlite line and was excited when I found some for an excellent price. After owning them for a few days I can tell you they feel equally comfortable to my feet with the added bonus of being lighter weight.

Pros-
Lightweight
Very comfortable
Excellent design and craftsmanship
quality leather
cost

Cons-
Very difficult to spitshine (though possible)
Squeaky on hard flooring
on December 21, 2013
In my profession I spend a lot of times on my feet, so needless to say a pair of comfortable shoes is part of the requirement. I purchased this shoe in brown and black since I had 25% off code, and I could not be happier. The shoes are true to size and feel really comfortable and light. I feel quite a bounce whenever I take a step, which reminds of the feeling I get when I put an Asics pair of jogging sneakers on. While the comfort of these shoes is exceptional, the look cannot be ignored either. The look and the compliments I get from peers reassure me that I made the right choice by buying these great Bostonian Oxford.
on December 19, 2012
Sizing was accurate for me. I am a 8.5 D. Put shoe on in morning before work and wore it until about 9:00 PM, for a total of about 14 hours. Feet did not get tired or sore like they would in most of my other shoes. They look good enough to be worn with a suit and casual enough to wear with Dockers. I would buy them again.
on December 8, 2013
I purchased a brown pair of Bostonian Wenhams at Macy's and loved them. The leather upper was soft an pliable making for a very comfortable fit. The leather uppers on the pair I purchased from Amazon are extremely stiff and not pliable...it's going to take a while to "break them in". Same model...different material. Nevertheless, they are lightweight shoes. I'd give them 5 stars if the leather uppers weren't so stiff.
on June 25, 2013
My older son purchased these at a Department store. Lo and behold my younger son saw them (wears the same size 13) and put them on--got ready to go back to school and almost forget to give them back. So, we found them online, and I snuck and sent them to him by mail. He loves them! I understand they're casual, yet you can dress them up as well, and go to work, and very comfortable. My sons are between 19 and 22. He said I gotta have it.
on January 27, 2014
The Bostonian Wenham and Wendell models are terrific, lightweight dress shoes (both models have the same construction and fit). Since they are very soft and comfortable, they require no break-in. Prior to finding these shoes I was wearing Ecco's, which are almost double the price, but of similar fit and quality. I've had my first pair of Wendell's for over a year, with excellent durability. At about $60, these shoes are a great value.
on December 30, 2015
i thought i'd never buy a shoe other than Propet and they were out of stock on what i wanted over Christmas. I am now a Bostonian Believer. this shoe looks GOOD, feels, GOOD, and is GOOD. top quality, light as a feather, is truly a dress shoe for wearing with suits, etc. and has nice soft comfortable leather. it was wide enough for me, which has always been a problem, but not with thins shoe. will try Bostonian on my next dress shoe purchase again.
on December 7, 2014
Having owned some Bostonian shoes in the past, I consider them about the minimum quality level I'll buy anymore. Well...not anymore. A recent trend I've noticed among some of the lower-end shoes is they are using this awful, cheap "foam" sole instead of rubber/synthetic rubber. Of course, all they ever say is "man-made sole" which applies to most non-leather soles on dress shoes. Unfortunately, these are that awful foam-like sole that simply shreds apart on anything but carpet. These couldn't possible have a $90 list price, even with real leather uppers, having that poor of a sole. Don't bother with these shoes at ANY price, move along and find something better.