4.0 out of 5 stars Good shoes, some issues
I've had these about a year now and overall I like them. They are comfortable and wear well. My only issue is the soles. I am now notorius for leaving black marks on floors wherever I go. Eventually the soles have worn a bit unevenly - probably due to leaving bits of the sole as marks on the floor. With non-marking soles these would be 5 stars insted of 4.
Published on November 22, 2009 by C. Hicks

1.0 out of 5 stars bad deal
purchased a pair of these in august,2011 and by october 2011 they were totally broken down,have taken them to the cobbler twice now and this morning the upper once again seperated from the sole under normal use, i would not recommend these to my worst enemy.
Published on October 13, 2011 by edward rooney

4.0 out of 5 stars Good shoes, some issues, November 22, 2009
This review is from: Clarks Men's Roar Boot (Apparel)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Fall/Winter Wear in a Moderate Climate, December 5, 2009
John Westphal (San Joaquin Valley, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clarks Men's Roar Boot (Apparel)
These boots are perfect for Fall/Winter in a moderate climate without much snow. With warm socks they are fine down into the 30 degree temperature range. They look great and are very comfortable for a day/or night on the town. Pair with jeans, sweaters and casual jackets. Run true to size/width. Clarks build/material qulaity is legendary.

1.0 out of 5 stars bad deal, October 13, 2011

2.0 out of 5 stars The Heel is Hollow and wears down quickly!, April 4, 2011
Kevin (San Francisco,Ca .USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clarks Men's Roar Boot (Apparel)
Although the uppers are durable,these boots are hollow in the heel.After two months the heels are worn down until the hollows show.I would not buy these again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart, January 10, 2010
This review is from: Clarks Men's Roar Boot (Apparel)
I owned/wore these boots for less than 6 months.I was initially very happy with the boot. But Which started after one weekthat changed quickly. They were unconformable, and I developed a callous on the side of my foot from them. On top of that,The tread started wearing away after the first week.
after that the sole completely separated from the boot. I had to supergoo it in place. I've since bought a set on martins that have lasted 6 months with out a problem and no signs of wear. These shoes were poorly designed.I've owned several pairs of Clarkes and used to swear by them. I do a lot of walking,as I run a large hospital, and expect a shoe to hold up for this kind of money. I wouldn't recommend them, except for the occasional night out. I was very disappointed. On top of that I had trouble contacting the company to tell them what happened.Poor customer service. If you buy these boots, View them as a cosmetic accessory that will not hold up. Read some of the other similar reviews if you need verification.I've steered many people to Clarke's, but that has changed due to this bad experience. Especially with customer service. Dr.Martins are made much better and they offer more contemporary designs than they used to be known for. try them out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice boots, January 27, 2014
This review is from: Clarks Men's Roar Boot (Apparel)
These boots fit as expected and are fairly comfortable. The only negative point that I have is the how the top of the boot is lower for me it rubs a little on my ankle. The first time I wore them they weren't all that comfortable due to them being lower cut. The second time I wore them it seemed to be a little better so I hope that they just need to be broken in. Overall I like the look and feel of them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made boots, January 9, 2014
This review is from: Clarks Men's Roar Boot (Apparel)
These are well made boots, but I wish I had gone a size up. They are quite tight across the top of the foot and I'm hoping that they will loosen up as the leather stretches. This is more a function of learning my foot size properly for US sizes than the boot itself as I would definitely purchase these again but just a larger size.

4.0 out of 5 stars Small ankles? This may not be the boot for you?, January 31, 2014
This review is from: Clarks Men's Roar Boot (Apparel)
Boots are very sharp looking & from what the boy says, very comfortable! Of course Amazon has great service as always :) The only complaint is that the boot opening/ankle is quite large? My husband does have freakishly small chicken-bird legs & ankles so it may just be the wearer!

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent shoes, February 21, 2010
This review is from: Clarks Men's Roar Boot (Apparel)
Love the shoes! They look great, fit perfectly and right away have become my favorite shoes to wear around the city. They have that look that allows them to work in situations that are semi-dressy and also extremely casual. Can't speak to the "wear" issue others have spoken of since I've only had them a few weeks. One small thing and I emphasize the small is that one shoelace snapped within a week of owning them, the other went a couple weeks after that, which seems pretty quick for shoelaces. Not that this has much to do with quality of the shoes, but maybe does say a tiny bit about how Clark dots the I's and cross the T's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great riding boots for me, June 1, 2014
This review is from: Clarks Men's Roar Boot (Apparel)
These are the perfect boots for riding. They are not so high that they get hot, nor so low that they are just shoes. Chukka style boots are best for motorcycle riding. They also appear to be tough as nails and very, very simply made.

Clarks Men's Roar Boot