Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 41 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 29, 2010 4:56:06 PM PDT
Kwai C. Lo says:
I bought Black Ops after it was pulled at first and before the "bonus points" came in, would I get the $20?

Posted on Oct 29, 2010 5:09:50 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 29, 2010 5:32:31 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 30, 2010 6:20:14 AM PDT
Bob DeBusk says:
I have the same question. I pre-ordered when the "bonus" was the laser cell. Will I also get the 200 bonus points?

Posted on Oct 30, 2010 6:28:23 AM PDT
Yes, I as well.

Posted on Oct 30, 2010 6:38:07 AM PDT
J. Snyder says:
Just call amazon. The will hook you up.

Posted on Oct 30, 2010 7:05:33 AM PDT
Danny A. says:
I just chatted with someone at amazon. I should be getting the laser cell still and they said when the order ships I'll get the 200 bonus pts applied to account..we'll see what happens..

Posted on Oct 30, 2010 7:26:19 AM PDT
T. Winograd says:
I have seen people get conflicting answers from CS. Just ask for written confirmation just to be safe if they confirm you will get it.

Posted on Oct 30, 2010 7:43:59 AM PDT
Bob DeBusk says:
I just got this email from CS:

Hello,

I'm writing to follow up on our conversation about the pre order bonus points of "Call of Duty: Black Ops with Laser Cel "

I've checked with the appropriate department and also the website and found that the bonus points are not provided for this item. I'm so sorry about this. I also see that you've been provided with US VG COD Laser Wallpaper. I'm sorry as I was unable to assist you in this regards. Thank you for giving time to research and give yo exact information. If you've any more issues with the promotions, please write back to us.

Best regards,
Aparna.R

Posted on Oct 30, 2010 8:04:14 AM PDT
T. Winograd says:
I was lucky with mine. For some reason they already gave me the credit and I already applied it towards Gears of War 3. Plus I kept the $54.44 price.

Posted on Oct 30, 2010 8:42:36 AM PDT
Persona4 says:
i pre-ordered medal of honor when they were giving the $10 offer, then they raised it to $20 so i cancelled my offer and placed it again and they gave me the $20 offer :)

Posted on Oct 30, 2010 8:49:25 AM PDT
If you preordered when it was the laser cell promotion and the $54.95 price you will not get the 200 point credit. You will have to cancel your preorder and do another preorder at the $59.95 price with the 200 point credit as the bonus.

If you had a promotional credit applied to your original preorder it will be refunded and applied to the new preorder. I hope this info helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2010 8:50:54 AM PDT
matt11 says:
if this is true, then re-order and get yourself another $20 credit! :)

Posted on Oct 30, 2010 8:54:04 AM PDT
Stop spreading lies.If anyone in here read the terms and conditions it clearly states that all promotions made after a purchase are added to your pre-order

Posted on Oct 30, 2010 9:07:00 AM PDT
Greg R. says:
Just cancel the preorder and order it again.
You wont get the laser cell but you will get the $20 bonus.

Posted on Oct 30, 2010 9:10:13 AM PDT
T. Winograd says:
@ matt11: Yeah its true, but I wouldn't want to take advantage of amazon like that. They have usually come through for me. I definitely thought about it though. :)

Posted on Oct 30, 2010 9:22:32 AM PDT
N. Amore says:
I just bought this yesterday when it had the 100 bonus points offer and CS just said it will give me the 200 bonus points when it ships. Hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2010 9:37:17 AM PDT
I have a different email response from their customer service. I wrote and asked if I preordered after they took the initial $20 promo (which was removed in early September) which includes the Laser Cell/Wallpaper, would I get the 200 bonus points. They said that if I don't automatically get an email after the game ships, to write them back to get it straightened out. Not worried in the least.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2010 9:54:27 AM PDT
R. Rountree says:
Did the same thing and got the same answer, so it looks like a "yes"

Posted on Oct 30, 2010 6:47:14 PM PDT
hi im a says:
amazon is teh best, epecially if you live in a state that amazon doesnt tax

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2010 9:07:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 31, 2010 9:07:41 AM PDT
BlakesMimi says:
T. Winograd says:
I was lucky with mine. For some reason they already gave me the credit and I already applied it towards Gears of War 3. Plus I kept the $54.44 price.

Sorry, but if you already have a $20 credit, it wasnt from the black ops. these credits only show after payment is final, which even in preorder, only happens when the game actually comes out, so your payment wont be posted until 11/9 and preorder credit takes up to 24 hours to appear. You may have the $20 from a previous qualifying preorder purchase, but not black ops.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2010 9:11:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 31, 2010 9:11:54 AM PDT
BlakesMimi says:
hi im a says:
amazon is teh best, epecially if you live in a state that amazon doesnt tax

Yes, amazon and ebay are great in the sense that you dont get taxed, but when you do your income taxes...there is an area where we are to list non-taxed purchases such as online purchases on our federal (or state) tax returns. I highly doubt that anyone does this especially with the amount of purchases made per year, who is really gunna keep track of all online non-taxed purchases. Just thought I'd mention tho that legally we are suppose to report these on our taxes.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2010 9:16:17 AM PDT
BlakesMimi says:
matt11 says:
if this is true, then re-order and get yourself another $20 credit! :)

I'm not sure how no-one notices, especially guys since u do all the game ordering, but even as a mom ordering for guys in my house, I know that you cant reorder for another game credit as it says so right in the little bonus offer box "Order Call of Duty: Black Ops and receive 200 Pre-order Bonus Points. Offer good for all pre-order customers who have not already received promotional credit on this item. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last." for customers who have not already received promo credit for that item... cumon guys.

Posted on Oct 31, 2010 5:09:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2010 6:56:45 AM PDT
M. Klopp says:
The terms and conditions says "If you do not purchase the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect, you will not receive promotional credit." One would be led to believe that if you preordered last week you are not getting it. However...
Another line states, "Offer good for all pre-order customers who have not already received promotional credit on this item." So this would lead you to believe that if you ordered during the wallpaper promotion and didn't get any credits, you will get the points in your account at shipping.
I'll have to ask CS about this. Rather conflicting messages there, Amazon.

UPDATE: I just chatted with Amazon CS, someone named Aishwaryah and it was confirmed that I will receive the credit upon processing on the release date. Hopefully this wasn't BS, but I copied the text of the chat just in case.

UPDATE 2: After receiving this supposed confirmation, another rep sent via email notice that I would need to cancel and re-order to get the bonus points. As I was rather pi**ed off by this news, I had a few more chats with other reps. They all confirmed the first one, saying I will get it as my order currently stands. I was told to contact customer service once again if I don't get the credit. They probably notice the many, many inquiries I have made on this, so probably feel obligated to appease me at this point.

Posted on Oct 31, 2010 5:32:36 PM PDT
T. Winograd says:
@ BlakesMimi I know what I am talking about. The CS service agent was the one that was clueless. Since Amazon CS can't get all their facts straight with promotions like these, I would think that it would be possible for you to believe that this happened. I only called to make sure I was going to get the credit, and then he said if I wanted it right now. So it wasn't done by the computer system. He did it manually. I wasn't going to say anything to them because I know that they are supposed to give it to me after I technically payed for it. I could cancel it right now, keep the credit, and re-order it, but that would be dishonest.

Posted on Nov 1, 2010 4:33:39 PM PDT
Dead Kev says:
I pre-ordered in July when there was a $20 credit for future game orders. I hadn't really checked the order before today, and now it says "with Laser Cell." I didn't even know that they were offering a Laser Cell and certainly wouldn't have pre-ordered for that lame of a bonus. I have just sent an e-mail to CS to inquire as to what happened with my $20 credit. I'll post what I find out.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  31
Total posts:  41
Initial post:  Oct 29, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 9, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Call of Duty: Black Ops - Xbox 360
Call of Duty: Black Ops - Xbox 360 by Activision Publishing (Xbox 360)
3.7 out of 5 stars (1,636)