5.0 out of 5 stars Hypnotic and deeply felt
Published on December 13, 2011 by Storylover

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT THE SOUNDTRACK
WARNING....NOT THE SONGS PLAYED IN THE MOVIE. this is music by the movie composer but totally MISLABELED AS A MOVIE SOUNDTRACK,...intentionally misleading
Published 11 months ago by gpas

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Hypnotic and deeply felt, December 13, 2011
Storylover (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: We Bought A Zoo (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (Audio CD)
The feelings that wash over me when I hear Sigur Ros play, when I hear Jonsi's voice, are almost indescribable. Their music, this music, taps into a deep core that passes through intellect directly into my heart. I listen to this soundtrack several times a day recently. It passes me off to dreamland, it fills my mornings with pleasure. It is worthy of full attention, but is also happy to provide your background. This soundtrack is so sublimely beautiful, of course, but the feelings of hope, of joy, of sorrow, of regret, and of hope once more that are evoked by the melodies are simply overwhelming. All the things that you would hope for from a Sigur Ros release are here--surging strings, beautiful and otherworldly vocals, and that magic that seems to make each of their records a special event. I cannot say how much I have enjoyed and loved this wonderful album but to say this: Gently, gently, this music inhabits your soul.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jonsi, you magnificent bastard, January 13, 2012
Jonsi went and did it again. I don't know how he does it but he does it. I would love to know what goes on inside this man's mind.

To anyone who likes this album make sure you check out the album "Riceboy Sleeps" by Jonsi & Alex, if you haven't already.

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotionally Empowering, December 13, 2011
I just returned from a screening of "We Bought a Zoo" and immediately was lifted to a higher place through the emotionally empowering score of this brilliantly beautiful film. As tears rolled down my face repeatedly throughout the film I listened to the music and thought--please let this be a soundtrack! Every scene fluidly scored lifted my heart higher and higher and truly touched my soul. I've never felt like this from a movie soundtrack or movie. Reading the notes on the score here on Amazon: "achingly beautiful themes...a series of themes that would reflect everything we'd hoped for." The now discovered fact that Cameron encouraged the actors to listen to the music before a scene explains why their emotions are so beautifully expressed on screen. This music is a part of the films DNA ingrained in my memory, my heart and spirit. The music captures the light and the film shines like a joyous bright star discovered for the very first time. I not only downloaded this soundtrack immediately after seeing the film (I've only done this one other time) but I also ordered the c.d. as a reminder of the day I discovered Jonsi. And thank you Cameron Crowe for your vision in requesting the musical paint that covers the heartfelt canvas of "We Bought a Zoo." Tom Sullivan

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, December 31, 2011
I went to see "We Bought A Zoo", and the whole time, I was marveling at the music. I found the soundtrack, and noticed a new name; Jonsi. I liked his music so much that I bought the CD. Great buy; strongly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars About time Sigur Ros/Jonsi hit the mainstream, December 20, 2011
Rushmore (CHICAGO, IL United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I was beyond thrilled to discover this soundtrack, so soon after the release of Sigur Ros's double CD/DVD Inni. Jonsi's solo album from last year was such a delight. Sigur Ros can occasionally be a bit ponderous (though still awesome), but Jonsi's solo work consistently soars. It practically floats above the atmosphere. It makes me smile out of pure delight. It is just fabulous to inhabit the same space as this music. OK, I am too much of a fan to be objective.

I am not at all sure I would have been interested in seeing this movie with a different soundtrack. Now it is a must-see for me. The music is twinkly and happy and really pretty melodic for Sigur Ros. Jonsi's song Go Do was in a car commercial in the past few months, and that made me glad that more people would get exposed to this music. Now there is a whole movie. Fantastic. Just listen. It might make your day a whole lot better.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Doughty!, May 22, 2012
Magical. Splendid. Surreal. Dreamy. Adds SO much to the movie!

Probably one of the best soundtracks I've listened to. Beautiful music! :)

Let your ears listen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunningly beautiful . . ., December 18, 2011
This album is emotionally powerful, superbly recorded, sure to be Grammy nominated for the 2012 season. If you're not already fan of Jonsi's band Sigur Ros or his work with Alex Somers, you will appreciate the expansive, imaginative and visual sounds and singing on this recording. Alex Somers and Nico Muhly also bring their talents... This is what music is all about, bringing another dimension, refreshing the soul. It is simply amazing that this is Jonsi's first score for film. Thanks, Jonsi and Cameron.
(PS: There are a couple of pieces from previous releases on the soundtrack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotionally Empowering, December 13, 2011
I just returned from a screening of "We Bought a Zoo" and immediately was lifted to a higher place through the emotionally empowering score of this brilliantly beautiful film. As tears rolled down my face repeatedly throughout the film I listened to the music and thought--please let this be a soundtrack! Every scene fluidly scored lifted my heart higher and higher and truly touched my soul. I've never felt like this from a movie soundtrack or movie. Reading editorial notes on the score: "achingly beautiful themes...a series of themes that would reflect everything we'd hoped for." The now discovered fact that Cameron encouraged the actors to listen to the music before a scene explains why their emotions are so beautifully expressed on screen. This music is a part of the films DNA ingrained in my memory, my heart and spirit. The music captures the light and the film shines like a joyous bright star discovered for the very first time. I not only downloaded this soundtrack immediately after seeing the film (I've only done this one other time) but I also ordered the c.d. as a reminder of the day I discovered Jonsi. And thank you Cameron Crowe for your vision in requesting the musical paint that covers the heartfelt canvas of "We Bought a Zoo." Tom Sullivan

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly not what I expected, November 9, 2012
My husband and I have really enjoyed this track. It wasn't exactly what we expected. With most movie soundtracks its been a collection of songs, usually pop or rock. This sound track was enya-ish much to our surprise. We enjoy listening to it on rainy days or when we need something calming. The music is beautiful. My only warning is if you're expecting the usual upbeat collection of songs, then you will be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars We Bought A Zoo Soundtrack, June 17, 2012
The soundtrack is a lovely calming compilation of music from the movie, We Bought A Zoo. I purchased this soundtrack as a gift. It is very enjoyable!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›