LG Cinema Screen 55LM7600 55-Inch Cinema 3D 1080p 240Hz LED-LCD HDTV with Smart TV and Six Pairs of 3D Glasses (2012 Model)
Used & New from: $1,250.00
Bought this tv from amazon and LOVE it but am very disappointed that is does not allow amazon instant video. Why?
asked by Janet M. Plaxco on December 21, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
Amazon and LG couldn't come to an agreement to add the feature in 2012. Maybe they will both grow up and serve their customers in 2013. When it happens its just going to be an update.
S. Moon answered on December 21, 2012
Comment (1) | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I called their customer service on 12/22/12 and was told that LG is working on the App software for amazon instant video for my 47lm7600 model. The impression I got from the conversation was that most if not all of the smart tv's will have this updated in the future. He couldn't tell me exactly when. Right now this feature isn't available on any LG tv if I understood him correctly.
Patti L. Erisman answered on December 22, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This model does allow instant video as of the last 2 firmware updates.
Joshua Price answered on July 25, 2013
Comments (2) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I was surprised and dismayed that this fact wasn't highlighted in the product description. There is a workaround. If you have an XBox 360 AND you subscribe to XBox Live Gold, you can add Amazon Instant videos to your apps. Pricey, but it works great!
Tech Not answered on December 25, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Why didn't you find out if it could... before you bought it?
Roberto P. answered on February 4, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I cannot stand how Amazon and LG do not play nice together --- I actually returned a Sharp TV after I found (after the fact) that it would not stream Amazon Prime.........I then went and bought an LG after a sales person guaranteed that LG and Amazon were compatible (and many devices were in 2012) -- but, lo and behold -- I get my LG TV home -- and, it also is NOT compatible........unreal!!!!! I have to keep returning TVs......this really sucks........why cannot they not simply all play nice together.............I am going to get rid of Amazon Prime now, as this is a total joke....and, screw LG too........technology sucks!
Nicol Erickson answered on June 30, 2013

A
Eh, your cable provider offers it. I do have prime and I rent movies thru Verzion.
Mike answered on August 25, 2014

A
Because only those models have this options
http://www.lg.com/us/tv-audio-video/discoverlgtvs/smarttv_partnergrid/popup/amazon.html
Igor Yurchenko answered on December 21, 2012
Comments (5) | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product