5.0 out of 5 stars A Video Review of the Bounceland Mega Castle
Customer Video Review     Length:: 7:58 Mins
Published on August 25, 2012 by CKE

3.0 out of 5 stars only time will tell!
Published on August 31, 2011 by Bryan Mendiola

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Video Review of the Bounceland Mega Castle, August 25, 2012
This review is from: Bounceland Mega Castle Inflatable Bounce House Bouncer (Toy)
Length:: 7:58 Mins

My wife and I were nervous prior to ordering the Bounceland Mega Castle. We were afraid that it wouldn't be large enough, that it wouldn't be well built, that it would be impossible to store... along with numerous other worries. I am happy to say that all of our worries proved to be completely unfounded and our (soon to be) 3-year was thrilled with her new jump house.

So why did we BUY a bouncehouse? More than a few people think/thought that we were crazy to BUY instead of rent. Well for us it is a question of economics - we have been renting a bouncehouse for our daughter's birthday each year so after only a couple of uses buying a bouncehouse becomes the cheapest option. Think of it this way, if you are going to need a tuxedo a few times a year doesn't it make more sense to buy a tux instead of renting one?

Now there are differences between the commercial rental units and the Bunceland Mega Castle. In terms of size the Bounceland Castle is about 40% smaller (64 sq ft of bouncing surface vs 100 sq ft of a 10' x 10' commercial unit). The fabric of the commercial unit is thicker, but the Bounceland fabric is still pretty stout.

Notes-

Fun and Features - While it may a little smaller than a commercial unit it is just as much fun. The baksetball hoop is fun, but the slide is the biggest attraction. The kids love to run through the bouncehouse and jump directly onto the slide. Lots of fun and it is probably the best feature of the bouncehouse.

Size - Large enough for 4 kids (a 3,4,5,7 year olds) to play with comfort. It is probably large enough for a 5th, but that may be the upper limit. Again, it is small than the commercial rental unit, and may not be large enough for four ten year olds, but for younger kids it is nearly perfect.

Set-up- Easy, easy, easy... the only challenge is that the bouncehouse weighs about 40lbs, so it could be difficult for some people to drag into place. Once in place the bouncehouse inflates within 2 minutes and is ready for play.

Blower- I was very happy with the blower that came with the jump house. It has plenty of power but it is much quieter than I expected. It is quiet enough that the kids can play on the bouncehouse and the adults can have a conversation a few feet away (using normal voices).

Clean-up- It takes about 15 minutes to put back in the bag. The biggest challenge is getting all of the air out of the bouncer... the way I do it is to roll up the bouncehouse like a sleeping bag in order to remove all of air. Once the air is out, I spread the bouncehouse back out and carefuly fold it into fourths and then rolling it (again) like a sleeping bag.

Safety- Other than the slide (more on that later) the Bounceland Mega Castle is very safe. The netting surrounds the bouncehouse, and will help keep kids on the inside. The only danger is that the kids can pull the netting down which could create an issue. Now onto the slide.... it is about 5 feet above the ground, and kids love to jump down it, but you will need to keep an eye on them because if the fall or flip off of the side they could get hurt. One option is to place pillows or something soft on the sides of the slides to help soften the fall.

Storage -One of the advantages of the Bounceland Mega Castle being smaller than a commercial unit is that it takes up a fraction of the space to store. This jumphouse rolls up to size of a mid-size sleeping bag

Up-keep - Most of my comments on up-keep are pretty much common-sense.
- Do not store the bouncehouse wet (because it will mold)
- No shoes in the bouncehouse
- Do not bring any hard toys into the bouncehouse
- Do not store the bouncehouse in the sun
- Do not inflate the bouncehouse on any surface that may cause a puncture

Final Verdict - While it may not quite as large a commercial bouncehouse it is still lots of fun for up to 4 or 5 kids. Please make sure your kids are safe while playing on the slide, but other than that the I can give the Bounceland Mega Castle a full recommendation.

5 Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars A worth while, fun buy., July 7, 2011
This unit was priced right and is nice and big. It was for our 2 and 6 year olds but their older cousins (8 & 11) love it too. Unit is sturdy and the blower's noise level is not too loud.
I put a tarp under it during use for two reasons; 1) it keeps the kids socks clean after they come down the slide and run back into the unit, 2) it keeps the bottom of the unit dry so I can easily roll it up for storage without worrying about dampness creating mold.

3.0 out of 5 stars only time will tell!, August 31, 2011
This bouncy is my 4th inflatable type toy in the last 5 years. Thanks to craigslist, I was able to sell every single one I have had every time my son has out grown his old one. My first 2 was made by Little Tykes and I must say it held up to many years of abuse and gave many hours of enjoyment to many kids. My 3rd was a spongebob waterslide. I wasn't impressed with that at all due to clean up and put away is almost a days work. Got out of that one ASAP. Now I got this bouncyland mega castle. I like the design and the slide is a great new addition compared to my son's last bouncy. It came with a huge blower so it should be able to handle several kids past the posted 4 at time limit. Basketball hoop is nice and high but I wish it wasn't located in the slide entrance. Its very attractive and with its high pillars, it looks very impressive. The bottom is much thicker than my last two so it handles more air for it to handle more kids with minimal deflation every time another kids goes in. Now here is the down side, the material it is made off from the netting to the actual structure are much thinner than my past bouncy's. The actual floor of it though is very impressive. I wished they gave the rest of it the same attention and quality. I haven't had this long enough to say if this material and stitching will in fact stand the test of time but based on the difference in thickness and finish, I have a feeling it will show it's wear or worst yet not hold up in time. At $359 plus shipping which comes out to $400, it is similar to the little tykes but they make their castles a tad smaller than this bouncyland one. I have also seen a blast zone brand and that one seems to be made with thicker material also more comparable with the tykes. Fingers crossed that after we are done with this one, it holds up enough for us to re-sell it again for somebody else to enjoy. Only time will tell.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, December 29, 2013
I bought this bouncy house for my three children ages 4.5 years, 3.5 years and 14 months. I initially had an issue with the shipment and had to contact customer service. I have to just say that this company has the best customer service I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. They returned my e-mail with in minutes and resolved the issue immediately. I have never been more please with any companies' customer service as I am with this one. WOW!

The bounce house arrived when promised and was super simple to set up ( and I didn't even have to read the directions, I hate reading directions) and blew up within a couple minutes. This bounce house is huge and can accommodate quite a few children. We had 5 children in the bouncy at the same time and there was plenty of room. The floor of the bounce area seems super durable and thick. The rest of the bounce house has thinner material but still seems very sturdy. The slide has a second layer attached by velcro. I'm not sure why there is a second layer, it probably says in the directions, most likely for durability.My two oldest are boys and they are very rough and this seems like it will hold up to their wrestling and jumping. Our rules of the bouncy are no shoes, no objects or toys, no rough housing, always wear socks and no walking on it when it is deflated. They always mind the rules because I threatened to take it away if the break the them.

I chose this bounce house after searching on nearly every web site and reading probably a hundred reviews. I wanted an extra large bouncy with a larger weight capacity. I needed one that could hold the play balls without rolling down the slide. The slide is high off the floor of the bouncy which is exactly what I needed to keep my 14 mth old from trying to slide down on her own. I have to watch her closely but I feel safe knowing she cant fall down the slide. I sit at the entrance ramp and she romps around inside safely. The entrance has velcro on it so it can be closed up so no balls can come out. Also, the entrance area is large enough for me to crawl in so I can sit with the baby as she plays.The slide has two holes for little feet to easily climb up onto the slide. The slide is nice and tall and long enough to give the kids a nice fun ride down.

The only thing I don't like about this bounce house, and this is very trivial, is the little flimsy basket ball hoop. It looks cheep and doesn't have a net( if it did it would be in the way of getting onto the slide). The hoop isn't even a complete circle. My kids don't use it and its mostly forgotten. Someone may like it but to me it seems unnecessary. The kids haven't ever said anything about it so It must just be something an adult would find useless. If you try to shoot balls through it they usually just go right over the house.

We have a very large 3 car garage so we put it on one side. It probably takes up a little over one third of the garage. It would be less if the blower tube wasn't so long.

I would highly recommend this bounce house to anyone looking for an extra large, durable house with a nice big slide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Party Ever, October 30, 2012
Buy this, a pinata pizza and cake and you will have the best kids birthday party ever. My son is 6 and I think there was probably 11 or more kids at once on and off on and off. Aprox 20 in all that I thought for sure were going to pop this thing. They treated it like WWE Raw. I bought some balls and they were playing with those. Find a teenager and get them a tennis racket to hit the balls back in. The best part is in inflates in less than 60 seconds. fold in thirds and it actually fits back in the bag. I think I can easliy rent to parents of kids who came for $50.00 and get all my money back. As far as I'm concerned it's already paid for itself. Awesome kid gift... I had a few older kids 11 and 12 years old and they got on it too. It was on for hours like 1 pm through 6 and the blower had no issues not hot or anything. GET IT.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great buy for small children!, July 25, 2014
We've had this jump house for about 3 months. It is perfect for my children, age 4 and 1. They can get in and out easily, and enjoy bouncing. It's a great size. Not too big and not too small. Four to five kids can jump comfortably together. My seven year old nephew also loves it. I would not recommend this bouncer for children over eight. Setup and take down is very easy. My husband sets it up and folds it back up by himself. The bouncer folds up and fits into carrying case nicely. It does not take up much storage space either.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun. Fun. Fun., November 8, 2014
This is a great bounce house and it arrived very quickly. However I ordered it for my sons birthday party, the night before we set it up and it was the wrong house. I ordered the big one and was sent the smaller version. Customer service was very kind and quickly resolved the issue by sending the correct one via one day shipping. I am very impressed. The house it self is wonderful. Good size and big enough for my 8 year old and a few friends to play on at the same time.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love it!! My grandson loves it!, January 19, 2013
My grandson loves it!! We have had a lot of fun with it:) Even held up to some neighborhood wild children hahaha:) We had a couple of 2yrs olds, 4 - six year olds and 2 eight yr olds jumping and sliding at one time:) It was great!

5.0 out of 5 stars They loved it and we have been very pleased, December 26, 2014
I purchased the Bounceland Mega Castle for my grandchildren. They loved it and we have been very pleased. Great size, easy set up and the motor is so quiet. Bounces well for a 2 year old and my 6 year old grandson loves it just as much. Large enough for 4-5 kids to bounce at a time without worries. My only complaint would be that the sides collapse fairly easily but overall a great pick.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the kids, May 24, 2014
I bought this bouncer for my three year old triplets and they love it. Inflation takes about a minute and the blower is fairly quiet. I have had 5 small kids in it at once and it holds up fine (better than the kids hold up). Take down is also easy but it is a little difficult to jam it back into the cheap bag that they send with it. We have used it about ten times and the seams on the carrying bag are coming apart. Also, there is a little bit of mildew on the jump area (probably from putting it up damp) that we haven't tried to clean. I would recommend this for smaller children.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›