Bound: The Third Book of the Little Goddess Series
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$23.36+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on March 22, 2008
Book 3 Bound.
Houston, we have lift off! Well crafted, 3 dimensional characters with real emotions and dialogue and plot that flowed smoothly. Here is the proof that practice can bring you closer to perfection. And the continuity of the secondary characters was well maintained.
And here's the biggie folks, I can count the number of authors who write from the first person POV that I willingly read on one hand, this is a format that usually sends me up the wall and over it. That these books had MULTIPLE POV's should have stopped me in my tracks, BUT I KEPT reading....in fact I DEVOURED the books. I wait for the next installment with high hopes indeed.
on March 23, 2007
This is the third book of the Little Goddess Series so don't miss out on the first two: Vulnerable and Wounded.

Cory returns to Green's Hill. She is still dealing with Adrian's death and the two marriages that were thrust upon her. She is married to Braken by magic and to Nicky due to unfortunate circumstances. There is no divorce in the preternatural world. To leave either of these men would mean their death. Cory wishes she was bound to Green, but he is the leader and a healer sidhe. Unfortunately, he is unable to make that kind of promise. Cory feels every commitment in her life is made without her consent. If juggling her love life, being the Queen of the vampires, and perfecting her Goddess powers aren't difficult enough, there is a new threat in town; a being that is destroying whomever it touches. Cory will protect the ones she loves at all cost, even if it's with her own life.

Green must resume his leadership and business connections, which takes him away from the hill and from his beloved. He knows Cory is in good hands, but it doesn't stop him from worrying about her. He is aware Cory needs to find balance with both the human world and the life she leads on the hill. He will do what it takes to ease the burden.

Braken just wants to take care of Cory, protect and love her, be her steady rock, but she is forever butting heads with him. If this isn't bad enough, he must learn to accept Nicky who should have never been bound to Cory. He must also deal with his anger toward Adrian and stop blaming him for leaving this world first.

Nicky knows Cory will not let him perish, but their marriage is limited to a designated `date night', not exactly the way he envisioned his life. He would do anything for Cory even if means he must leave Green's house and live with the other Avians.

With the new threat in town, Green returns home with an idea to bind all his people so they will be safe. Cory's powers are charged from emotions. It will take Green, Braken and Nicky's love for Cory to make it possible, but it will also be hinged on Cory's willingness to participate.

Ms. Lane has a knack for spinning a tale that will leave you begging for more. All three of her Goddess books, Vulnerable, Wounded and Bound grabbed me from the first page. Ms. Lane paints her characters with deep emotion, where commitment means everything and love is the most powerful magic of all. I look forward to reading more intriguing stories by this talented author.
on February 28, 2007
I wish I had the words to express myself in a manner that would do this book justice. I absolutely loved this book, I love the other two books but the growing up that Cory did in this book made it just so much sweeter. This book is a wonderful continuation of the series and well worth the read.

In this book Cory is faced with an enemy that isn't easy to place and it does test her, but I felt that the enemy in this book took second place to character development and the relationships forged in the previous novels. She has to learn to let her men love her and not to put everything into neat little boxes to try to make things fit. I could say more but I don't want to because reading through it is a wonderful journey.

I wanted to write this review to encourage anyone who is thinking of picking this book up to make the plunge, but again no words can express how good this series is. I hope that Ms. Lane continues to persevere through the trials and hardships of self-publishing because this series is so worth it and I can't wait to see where she takes Cory and those of us who love to read her. Some publisher out there needs to wise up and snap this lady up!
on October 17, 2007
If you Love Lane's Little Goddess books, this is one will not disappoint. I started reading Lane's series a year ago and this third book delivers just as well as the previous two, with an intriguing plot that will leave you guessing and beautifully developed characters who are a joy to read and watch.
Lane is a great alternative for those Anita Blake fans who feel the series has lost its substance (not me, of course.) I do, however, appreciate the plot, the characters that make the story and the ever-present, life-threatening conflicts around each corner.
If you have read the last two, you might be happy to know Adrian is not really gone...and there are new arrivals to Green's hill, like one of our favorite vamps' family and even officer Max has more depth in this book.
The coolest thing is that you don't have to read all the books to love this one (but why not go back-you'd miss a great story teller at work if you skip 1 and 2.) This book gives a lot of anecdotes and stories from characters' pasts that give you new insight to who they are, how they've grown- It's great.

So, all you alternate universe/fantasy type fans out there- DO NOT SLEEP ON THIS ONE! YOU'LL LOVE IT!
on March 7, 2007
I have to start by saying that I love these books. I first stumbled upon Amy Lane by chance on amazon and have been love ever since. The first book made me cry. The second just plain wanting more and the third makes me want to dive right into their world.

I was so impatient waiting for the book that bought the ebook version to download onto my palm, while I waited for printed version to arrive. Yes, the book was worth it. I'm reading it again now. Yeah for Amy Lane, its a damn same that she hasn't gotten picked up by a major publisher. More people should definitely be reading her stuff.

Bound was a wonderful story, exploring of all the main characters and even the secondary characters. The insights into their thoughts was just what I was looking for. No guessing about what was going on, just a beautiful story to get lost. I loved Cory and Green before this book, but fell in love with Bracken. He's absolutly my favorite now.

I wait with bated breathe for the continuation of their story together.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
5 Stars! I loved this book! I loved the first book in the series, and the second, but this one was by far the best. Unlike other series I have read, the Little Goddess series only gets better with every book. In Bound, Cory returns to Green's Hill to take her place as both Green's Beloved and Queen of the Faerie, and as leader of the Adrian's vampires. We see her continue to come to terms with Adrian's death and her place in the Hill. She also has to juggle the two new men in her life, now bound to her by magic for as long as she might live. There is also a new villain who challenges the safety that Green and Cory have promised to all who follow them. Cory gains control of her power and uses it to protect and defend the Hill even at the possible cost of her life.

One of the best things about this series in the character development. Cory is not the same person that she was at the beginning of Vunerable. She grows into her powers and her place as a leader. The other characters equally change and grow. The end of the book is fully satisfying but I can hardly wait for the next book in the series (which may not be out for another two years as she is currently working on a new project). I can only hope that Ms. Lane keeps writing stories that are as passionate and emotionally fulfilling as Bound.
VINE VOICEon August 26, 2009
Bound is the third book in the Little Goddess Series by Amy Lane. It has taken me almost a week after finishing this wonderful story to even get my mind to catch up with my emotions. When reading these stories Miss Lane brings out in these characters feelings we all can relate to.

One thing I found through this 3 book journey with Cory our heronine is about Unconditional Love. We all say in life a Mothers love is unconditional for her children. We see it on the news a mother talking about her child who has just hurt someone , the love she still has for them. To get unconditional love from a lover /or spouse is a one in a million chance..But here on Greenshill where Cory who did not have that kind of love from a parent, has grown from an angry self conscious, overwieght teenager to a woman revered by 3 lovers all giving her unconditional love, acceptance of her and each other.

Through this story Corey, Green, Bracken and Nicky all had to grow and step up. Some had to come to grips with the death of a loved one and the process each took to get there.

For those who love action, our author weaves a story of stumbling blocks for our heros to overcome.

I guarentee reading this series you won't be dissappointed. I look foward to reading the next book and the next continuing with the "family" I have adopted
and love
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 4, 2008
This three book (so far) series has been excellent. I understand it is self published which implies that no publisher would take it. If true, that makes no sense. Amy Lane is one of the best urban fantasy story tellers I've ever read. She's great writing about love,redemption, sacrifice-all kinds of emotion. Each book has more sex than the previous one but that's one place she falls down. The sex is graphic but you don't get as caught up in it as you do with so much of the rest of Lane's exciting writing. Somehow you feel more like an observer, a third party, than you do with the rest of her story. Other drawbacks: Many of the principal characters, including some of the protagonists, are amazingly immature. Okay some of them are only in their twenties but others range from seventy five to eighteen hundred years old yet act and react sometimes like teenagers. Another major problem is the sometimes difficult grammer, bad spelling, typos etc. Even if she had to self publish, surely Lane could have not only edited her own work but also have found someone(s) , who could have edited the books with a fresh eye even if only as a favor. Lane tells a great story but sometimes it's almost as if she didn't do too well in her high school English classes or never learned the rudiments. Each book has been an improvement on the previous one in many ways but even Bound looks like the author wrote a first draft and never reread it. If you like your urban fantasy filled with love, and not just the romantic variety, then the Little Goddess series is for you. I can't recommend it highly enough. It looks as if there will be a fourth book in 2009 or 2010. Read the original three first though. I'd like to give the series 5 stars but there are so many small problems that add up that I can only give it a strong 4 stars.
on July 31, 2008
One reviewer wrote that Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series was better than Amy Lane's. I couldn't disagree more.

I'll be honest, the grammatical errors were difficult to get past and Cory's attitude and cliche remarks had me constantly rolling my eyes. But there was something about this story that had me coming back and reading the series again and again. I cannot say the same about Hamilton's books, which I couldn't even get through.

Lane's writing is not poor. An editor would definitely help, but I got into the story and enjoyed it.

How does an English Teacher (Lane) not know when to use "me" instead of "I"?
on June 1, 2007
In this book, Amy Lane has shown tremendous growth both in her writing and in her characters' development. The characters are now moving forward from Bracken's death in a positive manner. She continues to develop her themes of love and sacrifice while introducing new elements. This book has a very positive view of love, intimacy, sex and sexuality, unlike so many current science fiction/fantasy books in which the author seems to require the characters to engage in cruel and sadistic acts of sex. Each book in this series has improved on the last and I hope the fourth book in this series will be forthcoming shortly!