Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on September 11, 2012
This is the kind of book that you read and simply leaves you wanting more, even more so than Fathoms of Forgiveness, which I loved. It is fast paced, full of action, and just seems to keep moving along at a blazing pace. While I enjoyed FoF slightly more, this was still a great book and I can't wait for the fourth and final installment of the series.

This book certainly felt different from the others in the series so far. This of course is not a bad thing and just reveals the flexibility and diversity of Ms. Scrieva as a writer. It just feels like moving and important events seem to occur without end, until the end of course. In fact pacing may be my only complaint for the story. It is so fast that I nearly felt as exhausted as the characters with trying to wrap my head around each new plot point, development, and event. I think the pacing would have been a bit better if the story of Aazuria had been mixed in a bit more at the beginning of the book with the other's stories. Also, how could Ms. Scrieva keep us waiting for so long to find out what happened to Aazuria after FoF? That was simply cruel in my opinion.

Speaking of Aazuria, what an amazing amount of character development over the last half of the book. I had always thought Visola out shined Aazuria (Visola continues to shine, but at this point that deserves little mention), but now they seem to be wrestling for control for my favorite heroine. Her strength, resolve, and determination to escape her prison and protect her daughter are all moving, and frankly inspiring. She shines in her character as the way a true queen should shine. Strong, prideful, just, and kind even to those who don't deserve it. I absolutely loved Clavaria as well. She is everything I think any father would want their daughter to be: smart, strong, curious, loving, kind, and loyal. Sadly, it is these things that also what makes the ending all the more tragic.

I cannot state how much I want to simply deck Trevian and Elandria across the jaw. Trevian especially annoyed me with his constant moping, whining, and complaining. I have wanted to hit him several times in the past, but this time it was especially bad. It just never felt like he truly tried giving his all in looking for Aazuria. He was too logical, too reasoning, and too accepting of losing her. It is not that he is a bad character, bad person, or poorly written. I would argue for quite the contrary in fact. It is simply that he was too good and not bad enough. Trevian was simply not unreasonable enough. Ms. Scrieva makes you like him, care about him, and generally grow frustrated and annoyed with him. None of these are bad things.

Elandria is much more interesting I think. While I enjoyed her finally opening up and developing (I had always thought she had the potential to be an amazing character even from the first book), I was slightly disappointed by the woman she became. She is elegant, gracious, kind, and intelligent, but seems to have reverted in a different way. Now instead of being overly closed, she feels overly open. I suppose that is a good balance for her character and reflects just how shut in she had been. It is still a bit sad and disappointing though to see just how easily she seems to give in to others still.

It is difficult to do this review without revealing the ending and some of the bigger plot points, but that just shows how much fun this story was. It is a great set up for the final book, and I am hungry for more of the story.
on May 19, 2012
I have waited patiently for Boundless Sea and I was not disappointed! I hope there's going to be more:) I am not ready to say goodbye to the underwater world and it's inhabitants that were so masterfully created by Nadia. Fantastic job!!!
on May 23, 2014
Boundless Sea is so far my favorite of the Sacred Breath series.... it started out with Queen Aazuria kidnapped and the underwater kingdom negotiating with the U.S. and Russia for protection against their underwater enemies.

Its really interesting to see the way they integrate with the land-dwelling society, and how the world reacts to them. It really adds another whole layer of interesting to an already wonderful series!

The action moves even quicker in this book than the previous two. I didn't want to stop reading. The character Visola continues to be developed more and she is still kicking butt and taking names. She is also the character that never fails to pop out with a one liner that sends coffee spewing across my screen.

Also be prepared to cry a lot. This was a very emotional book..... I went through a whole box of tissues in the day that I read this. I literally read it in 25 hours. ... and dreamed of the mermaid kingdom and of Elandria and her sea cow Cassie... during those few hours I slept in between reading.

There is no dull moment in the story, her writing style draws you in.... in such a way that you look up shocked to realized that four hours has passed. The characters are so well developed that I feel I know them... I think about them when I am not reading.

This is an epic story that has to be made into a series of movies some day... mark my words here people. :) I would recommend this book to everyone. This series seems to be only getting better with each book, and I can't wait to read the next!
on January 11, 2014
With the wonderful writing style, details, and plots, I can't not give this book five stars.

I was disappointed in Trevain and Elandria. While Trevain did step up to the plate and tried to do as much as he could, Elandria ran away from everything and left all of the responsibilities for everyone else to handle. And her excuse was that she "wasn't strong". I wanted to shake her and tell her that she'll never be strong if she doesn't give herself the chance to be! I really feel like someone should have looked at her and said "Aazuria needs you to step up" because I feel like that would have put it in perspective for her. Trevain did manage to break her out of her shell, but he did it in a way that I absolutely disagree with. At that moment, I knew we would be seeing shades of his personality that had yet to see the light. But despite these things, I loved the character development. It is frustrating when characters do things or say things that make me want to throttle them (and often times gives me a headache), but I love it as well. It's a love-hate relationship.

But I would hate to see Trevain and Aazuria get back together, honestly. I would punch Trevain if I were her. Trevain and Elandria, while they are two characters I've come to dislike due to their personalities, are very suited for each other. Aazuria is strong physically, emotionally, and mentally. Trevain isn't the man for her anymore and I would love to see her develop a relationship with someone better suited for her.

Like I said, I can still appreciate the character growth (as much as the growth can annoy me), but I don't really want to see Aazuria and Trevain back together at this point.
on April 19, 2013
This Sacred Breath Series delivers so very much to its readers! There's so much to enjoy (to laugh and cry about) to learn from (the power of experience--both positive and negative) and to love--the writing, the story, the characters, and the author. Thank You Nadia, these characters have become a part of my life. Please keep writing! And everyone out there: keep reading!
on July 24, 2012
At the end of book 2 we find Aazuria pregnant with Trevains child and kidnapped by Prince Zalcan Hamnil, heir to the Clan Zalcan. The same man who killed Corallyn and tried to rape Visola. The same man that Vachlan thought he killed.

Book 3 begins with the world being made aware of the sea-dwellers and the war with the Clan Zalcan. In exchange for protection the government wants the people of Adlivun to build a bridge across the ocean connecting Alaska to the Chukotka Peninsula. Elandria is needed as next in line to lead her people, but she is too grief stricken to be of any good. She would rather stay with her beloved sea cows than be around people. What Trevain did to snap her out of her grief actually made me hate him just a little.

This book did not disappoint me in any way. Nadia has a way to bring out so many emotions in her readers. She even made me feel sorry for Prince Hamnil and he is the bad guy. When I read Aazuria's story it just made me tear up and when I got to the end of the book I was crying, it was so sad. It is definitely a more emotional book than the first two, but this series just keeps getting better and better. My one question to Nadia would be when is book 4 coming out because I simply must have more.

I was honored to receive this book from Nadia to read and review.
on February 10, 2015
Another book that leaves you wanting more. There are things in this book that shock and others that make you want to cry. Follow along as the General decides if she will sacrifice herself to save her twin which means she will have to face her evil husband. Another very good book. I already bought the next one in the series.
on May 30, 2013
For me, this book was my most and least favorite of the series. I was sickened that Treavin and Elandria got together. It totally ruined it for me and I lost all respect for both of those characters. I hated it and wanted nothing more to do with them. It broke my heart for Zuri.

I loved it though because of Zuri and all her strength and all she had to go through. Loved reading about how strong she was. I really like this series and I plowed through this book.
on January 11, 2014
This was an author whose books I found totally by accident... She's quickly becoming a favorite and with very good cause. The pace and timing of her writing is amazing. The story can take you on a roller coaster ride of emotions without feeling forced or contrived. I highly recommend this book and series.
on December 26, 2014
This is one of the most riveting series I have read! Please read so that Nadia can continue writing the series. I can't wait for book 7 coming out in January 2015. Yes, the books are about mermaids, but nothing like you would expect...