- File Size: 302 KB
- Print Length: 114 pages
- Publisher: Samhain Publishing, Ltd. (April 22, 2008)
- Publication Date: April 22, 2008
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B001892DIO
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #512,080 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$3.50|
Save $0.84 (24%)
Out of Bounds (Love of Sports) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the AuthorsDiscover books, learn about writers, read author blogs, and more.
Top Customer Reviews
Gram is an openly gay club owner in the city the twins live in. Garrett frequents the club more often than Kasey does but Gram has a crush on Kasey.
This is Kasey and Gram's story and it is a good one about find love and working to hold on to it even when it doesn't fit your 'ten year plan' to have it now.
Kasey and Gram find ways to be together without to many problems and Gram is an amazing partner who respects Kasey's need to not be out to the world.
A very good short story that delivers on many levels with some pretty hot sex scens
- The story is filled with glamorous surroundings and people who are fun to read about. Who's not interested, on at least some level, in famous twin brothers who make People's 50 Most Beautiful People list, frequent A-list clubs, and stay in the executive suites of fancy hotels?
- I liked Kasey's brother, Garrett, quite a bit. He's flashy and flamboyant with a "devil take it" attitude, yet he also knows when to be serious and is very protective of his twin.
- Gram has a pretty serious thing for Kasey from the start of the story, and I thought it was cute that although Gram thinks he has hidden his attraction so well, so many of his employees and friends know about it and encourage it.
- I couldn't help rolling my eyes at some of the melodramatic--and unrealistic--things the characters do. Kasey, who's not out in public, wakes up on the couch of a night club and immediately twines his fingers with Gram's...then lets Gram kiss him? Gram starts calling Kasey "baby" after their first sexual encounter? Kasey gives an impassioned coming out speech to a whole slew of reporters not 20 minutes after having said he wasn't going to tell anyone outright?
- There's practically no buildup, emotional or physical, to the first sex scene, and because there's so little development between sex scenes, they left me cold. They're lovingly described in rather minute detail, but I found them a little clinical. They have a removed, play-by-play feel to them.
- Some of the dialogue is wooden-sounding and is used to awkwardly convey plot points that would have been better placed in the exposition.Read more ›
The story could have been more angsy if the writer so choose as
it is never easy for a gay athlete to come out as he could lose all his fans and sponsors. But TA focuses more on the erotica side, the tauntings from fellow players, reporters more a side issue. And it works as this man writes the sex scenes so well. And it is rare to have a well over 6 feet basket ball player being 100% bottom even if an agressive bottom in a relationship. Interesting main and side characters and I look forward to more in this series.
Kasey is a 23 years old pro basketball player. He is only in his second year as professional player and he has no courage to openly admit that he is gay. He is out with his family and friends, but not with the public opinion. Plus his twin brother Garrett, a famous actor, has made coming out some years ago and now all media are only waiting for him to make the same claim.
But Kasey till now has never had a boyfriend to care and he doesn't see the reason to suffer all the harrassment he will receive in the locker room if he makes that claim. That is, but now in Kasey's life enters Gram, a night club owner and an openly gay man who had bad experiences in the past with closeted lovers.
Kasey must decide if he is willing to risk his career to keep his lover by his side.
The story is not very long, less than 90 pages, but it's very erotic. From the first time Kasey and Gram have a very intense relationship and they are driven by lust most of the time. Since Kasey is a 23 years old guy that for sometime was deprived of a sexual partner, I think it's not strange that now that he can have someone near him, he is in frenzy to make up for the lost time. Plus it was a true discovery that Kasey is a totally bottom. I'm used to sports characters to be always very manly, even if gay, and usually they are totally top. Instead Kasey wants to be mastered, even if he is a pushy bottom.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This wad actually my first sports related book of this kind and I really enjoyed it. The attraction between the two men was well developed, believable, and steamy. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Amazon Customer
A bit too much sex, but I really enjoyed the story. It's not an easy decision to come out of the closet, especially when you're already famous.Published 20 months ago by Bratty_me27
This book starts off a bit hesitantly--it's the first of a couple dealing with Kasey Johnson and his twin brother Garrett, but it heats up incredibly fast and in such a way as your... Read morePublished 21 months ago by Bo
I liked the Irish guy. Really what is the problem with gays in sports. Or should I say...out and gay in sports.Published 22 months ago by Valkyrie
I gave it a four only because it lagged in the dialogue but other than that it was great. I thought that the heady depiction of the craziness that happens at the beginning of a... Read morePublished on January 18, 2014 by Amazon Customer
What a great story line from an amazing author. From beginning to end I was captivated by both the main and supporting characters. Read morePublished on February 8, 2013 by Shortykinz
Out of Bounds was a quick, fun read. Kasey Johnson is a professional basketball player, and his twin, Garrett, is a famous Hollywood actor. Read morePublished on April 1, 2011 by Patti TheLoveJunkee
The beginning was very good. I liked the fact that Gram didn't know if Kasey was gay and he had all the worries of a teenager who doesn't know if he has a chance with his love... Read morePublished on January 25, 2011 by Emanuela PlasticDuck
Imagine being an all-star basketball player, the twin of an openly gay celebrity movie star and secretly gay yourself. Oh, what stress. In T. A. Read morePublished on November 10, 2010 by Leslie Lee Sanders