Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Basic Paper Towels 6 Select-A-Size Big Rolls
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 20, 2013
to start off -- i love bounty! you really can tell the difference between when you use store brand paper towel and brand name paper towel.

so i usually use the green bounty in select-a-size and love it, but tried basic because it is significantly cheaper. i think the main difference is that the green one is 2-ply and the basic is 1-ply. with the green one i could wring it out and scrub my countertops but with this one, it doesn't wring out quite as nicely. it is a better value though and i think i'll continue buying the basic bounty because it's good enough for what i typically use paper towels for (napkins and wiping down my countertops)
on September 1, 2013
These are the cheap towels that loyal Bounty customers have always hated. These are the reason we bought Bounty brand, because these types of towels stink. They shred, are not as absorbent, and do not last. They are no bargain, because you use twice as many. And if you want a bargain, you don't have to have the Bounty name on it, you can buy junk paper towels for the same price.

There is no reason for this product other than to mislead the consumer. But you will likely only be fooled once.
on September 25, 2013
I thought these would be like the select-a-size rolls I've seen before but these are the smallest rolls of PT I've ever seen. There must only be like 60 small sheets on there. Yikes! Very skinny, small package. Guess it's worth it to make a trip to the store for PT so you can feel how big the roll is. This won't last us long at all.
VINE VOICEon October 4, 2013
Basic is just another word for cheap, paper towels are extremely thin which means that you're going to find yourself using twice as many than if you went ahead and bought the more expensive version. Because of this I won't be buying them again.
on October 9, 2013
Despite having a very rough feel, I love these paper towels! When used for cleaning mirrors and windows, they are far less likely to leave little bits of paper behind than my former favorite brand (Viva) and are better than most for leaving no streaking (until overused, of course). By using two or three of the smallest size, they also hold up well enough as temporary dishrags (for easy-to-clean items only). These paper towels are 3-D like (with raised areas as part of the design). I would not use them as substitute dinner napkins due to the roughness, but they well suit their main purpose and I've been in the habit for years of buying cheaper paper towels for cleaning windows (since they have less rag to them, thereby less likely to leave bits behind). Great value for the money at less than $1 per roll..and they came free to my door!
on August 7, 2013
You can do better with generic paper towels that dollar stores sell. This is a very inferior product compared to regular Bounty.
on November 3, 2014
Background:
I purchased these towels for some anticipated work on the home, clean up after remodeling and painting. Certainly I have used and really like the branded "Bounty" version. However, I had not previously used the "Basic" towels and I thought I'd give these a try to save a couple of bucks.

My Experience:
In general, I was expecting a slightly inferior paper towel with "Basic" towel as reflected by the lower price. (You do generally get want you pay for with paper towels.) I was not disappointed to find out that indeed these towels were not a thick and not as absorbant as more expensive paper towels. Over the course of using the 6 rolls, I found these towels did not survive scrubbing for cleaning rough surfaces as well as high priced towels. Also, I found I had to wring them out more often when trying to soak up liquids. Under these two conditions, I was burning through the towels faster than premium paper towels. However for simple tasks, such as hand drying or cleaning smooth surfaces, these do get the job done.

When I purchased these towels, I got them for slightly less than a $1 a roll. I've been in a pinch and had to buy a roll of paper towels from say Dollar Tree in the past, so one roll = $1. I certainly found the Bounty Basic to be a step up from the truly bargain $1 roll. The towels not only performed better, the Bounty Basic was also a larger roll and had the select-a-size option to help stretch the roll by allow you to use less for small projects.

Pros:
- Select-Size, allowing you to use less on smaller area/projects
- an economy paper towel (usually priced less than the premium paper towels)
- Better quality than some towels in the same price range

Cons:
- Did not hold up to hard scrubbing like premium towels
- Did not absorb as much liquids when compared to premium towels, say in cases of cleaning spills

Best Used For:
- Drying hands
- cleaning smooth surfaces

Summary:
In the end, I used all 6 rolls without feeling like it was a complete waste of money. Depending on price and depending on what uses I had in mind, I would consider buying these again. I'd say If you needed to tougher towel, pay a little more and buy something like the full Bounty brand towels over the "Basic". On the other hand if all need is something to dry hand and perform simple cleaning tasks, then the Bounty "Basic" towels might help you save a few bucks.
on February 24, 2014
Sure don't know how these have a 4 star rating. They are rough, loose on the roll - meaning far less towels than regular bounty and they are 'crispy' instead of soft. Save yourself the trouble unless you really like lousy paper towels. These are absolutely nothing like ANY Bounty towel I have ever used before. Basic is an UNDERSTATEMENT!!
on August 27, 2013
I got lazy about shopping and ordered these (free delivery, hooray!). They're the same quality you've come to expect from Bounty and they're the same size BUT there are less sheets per roll than the Bounty I buy at my local supermarket. The price is about the same so if you don't account for the luxury of delivery, this product is slightly more expensive than your normal bounty from the supermarket.

I would recommend this if you don't care about those few pennies of savings and if you hate carrying large packs of paper towels home.
on March 21, 2015
The select a size option is a incredible cost saver over time- it allows you to greatly extend the life of your paper towel roll and insure you have as little waste as possible. My concern about this product though is when cleaning up liquid spills, I find my self having to use extra towels to fold them over to have the whole mess cleaned up. This is not a problem I have with the Brawny select a size towels so be sure to compare the prices of both products. If Bounty is considerably cheaper- this may still be the best find, just keep in mind you might go through the roll faster if you frequently have liquid spills. If you do basic dusting, use the paper towel as a napkin or other light uses though no complaints with this product.

See 1 answered question