5.0 out of 5 stars I like the texture of these
Published on June 2, 2012 by GlobalTraveler

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Basic to be Bountiful!
Basic Bounty is Sparkle or any other acceptable paper towel that doesn't come close to its distant cousin Bounty. In this case you get what you pay for basic product that is nothing special.
Published on November 9, 2012 by benimarco

5.0 out of 5 stars I like the texture of these, June 2, 2012
GlobalTraveler (Sioux Falls, SD, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bounty Basic Paper Towels 8 Large Rolls Equal 10 Regular Rolls (Health and Beauty)
The texture of these bounty basic towels are better than some I've purchased in the past. They contain more grooves, that grab dirt better in my opinion. The price wasn't bad considering these are the LARGER rolls. I purchased these under subscribe and save and they were $9.70 including a coupon, which would still be more at my local grocery store (including tax too). I'll purchase again.

Update: I ran out of these paper towels, and happened to be at Target and purchased a small pack of theirs thinking they couldn't be that bad to use for a week or so. Well, they were terrible, and they easily torn apart and couldn't be used twice or more like the bounty towels. I'm now back on here ordering my second order of Bounty towels through subscribe and save. I really like these towels a lot. And I'm changing my review from 4 stars to 5 stars. They are great for cleaning up messes, but if you want to use them to wipe your face they are little rough (because of the extra texture). By the way, I used these this summer to absorb sweat while did my daily walk/hike and they barely ever at all tore apart using the same one all day long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very basic towels, October 4, 2012
This is single layer low quality towel. I would recommend for outdoor party. But for house use, I would get a upgrade one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Basic to be Bountiful!, November 9, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as plush as the traditional Bounty, but also not as expensive, February 15, 2013
With a house full of young kids and large pets, I go through a lot of paper towels. Between cooking, cleaning, messes, spills and cold and flu season, running out of paper towels is as much of a crisis in our home as running out of toilet paper. While traditional Bounty paper towels are plush and thick, almost as if they were disposable cloths, these Bounty Basic paper towels aren't as "cushy". They feel like paper towels always use to, a little scratchy.

But I'm not using these to wipe babies bottoms or brush against my cheek, like the commercials might suggest one would do with them after being so pleased with the softness. I am also not using them to see how many grapes or apples I can wash on it, while running water from the faucet on top of it, without it breaking. I'm using them to wipe Salmonella off my kitchen counters, get smears from my dog's noses off my glass doors and dry my hands after cleaning up some mess made somewhere by someone. I need each one for about 2 seconds. I'm not hugging my paper towels, nor am I using them as a pillow for nap time. So I don't really care how cushy they look when I press down on them. I simply want them to soak up spilled liquid and hold onto unpleasant things that I don't want to touch with my bare hands. Just these two things, and just long enough to make it to the trash can. So for me, these Bounty Basic are perfect. I want something strong enough to do the job, and for as cheap as possible. These Bounty basic do just that.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too linty., January 2, 2013
These Bounty paper towels are definitely a big step down from regular Bounty (which are my favorite paper towels). These towels are fairly absorbent but very thin and do not tear off the roll cleanly. The biggest issue I have is that they leave behind too much lint. I can't wait to finish the rolls so I can go back to the better Bounty paper towels.

All in all... thin, cheap, and linty.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst/least paper towels ever, December 3, 2012
I wanted to try this service since I didn't seem to be able to get to a store... very loosely wound rolls, easily compressed down to about an inch worth of paper (1 finger inside the roll, one outside) ..... so, not a good deal at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bounty Basic Paper Towels - DON'T DO IT!!!, December 13, 2012
linslittlegirl (Wallingford, CT USA) - See all my reviews
I am shocked that these towels are made by Bounty. They are just horrible. These are super thin, non-absorbent pieces of paper that should never have been made into paper towels. And they certainly do not deserve the right to be called Bounty at all. You won't save any money because you'll need 3 to 4 times as many of the Basic towels to equal just one sheet of regular Bounty. Don't waste your money!

2.0 out of 5 stars too thin, January 7, 2013
these sheets are way thin, thought i ordered the tougher ones. They don't absorb nearly as well as the other kind

5.0 out of 5 stars They're Towels, January 7, 2013
Fact: 8 rolls of paper towels cost me less than $10.
Fact: They were shipped for free (thanks, Prime!) to my house and arrived within two days.
Fact: They absorb spills and clean stuff.
Fact: They are basic.

5 stars for me not having to go to the grocery store and being exactly what they say they are.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Paper towels at a reasonable price., November 19, 2012
The bounty towels are really good value and i find them quite durable for wiping up spills
and general cleaning...However i am a prime member expecting two day delivery. Amazon shipped
it slow postal..Not good. Product is highly recommended.