4.0 out of 5 stars Useful Accessory For Metal Detector! Recommended!
Published on January 7, 2009 by C. Hill

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of junk
Published 2 months ago by daniellharber

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful Accessory For Metal Detector! Recommended!, January 7, 2009
This review is from: Pinpointer (Lawn & Patio)
The "Bounty Hunter Pinpointer" is a very useful hand held small metal detector used to help narrow your search after the larger metal detector has located an object. The pinpointer has a very limited range of about 1" - 1.5", depending on the type of metal and size of the object. This can help you find very small items and reduces the chances that your find will be damaged by your digging tools.

A good accessory, recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!, June 29, 2009
Jennie A. Aud "QualityOnly" (sterling heights, mi United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pinpointer (Lawn & Patio)
I got this with my metal detector. it has been vary useful in finding the coin in the dirt pile. occasionally, if the ground is soft enough, I can pinpoint the coin by sticking the probe in the ground. Makes for a quick dig.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Pinpointer, October 25, 2010
Matthew W. Sarver (APO, AE United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pinpointer (Lawn & Patio)
This pinpointer has definitely saved me time and digging. Just got it the day before yesterday, and used it to pinpoint several items already, including a 14K gold ring I found today! It does detect gold, even though one review says it doesn't. For me it is well worth the money. Sometimes you don't even have to dig at all, because the item is right next to the surface. The tip is easy to probe into the ground when the soil isn't too hard. If you stick it too far into clumpy soil, the soil will stick around the power knob making it harder to clean. I just use an old toothbrush to clean around the power knob. There are better pinpointers, like the Garrett Propointer, but that costs 3 times as much. If you want a good, basic pinpointer for a decent price, this is a good one to get. If you want a great one, get the Garrett Propointer, but you will have to pay quite a bit more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, easy to use pinpointer., December 31, 2010
This review is from: Pinpointer (Lawn & Patio)
For the price, this pinpointer is an excellent value. At about 1/3 the cost of a Garrett Pro-Pointer, this was well within my price range. Sensetivity is adjustable with the on/off knob, it was plenty loud for me(almost obnoxious), and it vibrates (slightly, but easily noticible which may just be the speaker vibrating.) You have to turn the unit on, then down so the tone just goes out for the best sensitivity. It's not the greatest on small objects, but works fine for anything dime size or bigger (on average about 1.5" on a buried dime.) I found that the sensitivity did tend to change while sitting in the sun, so it may need to be adjusted while using. Also, the unit has proved to be extremely rugged. I've abused it, dropped it, and used it as a probe and so far it has held up without any loss of performance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good for the price, July 14, 2008
T. Charney (Milwaukee, WI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pinpointer (Lawn & Patio)
Product is pretty good for the price. Doesn't pick up signal until metal item is within an inch or less, but very helpful when you don't want to scratch up a valuable coin!

4.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded my expectations!, September 29, 2011
This review is from: Pinpointer (Lawn & Patio)
Just to quickly let everyone who wants to buy this in the future, I just got mine in but I have yet to field test it. I did air tests of current dime, penny, nickel and quarter, and I got an average of 1/2 an inch away from target before it buzzed. You need to get about 1/4 of an inch or less towards the object if it's on it's narrow side. They claim 3/4 to 1 inches away from coin sized objects, but I never got that. IMPORTANT NOTE: the strongest field of detection is NOT THE TIP, but it's to the side of the tip. Trying to detect from the tip will result in extremely poor detecting strength. Hope this helps any person with doubt! For the money, you can't beat it, and I can't wait to use it! Btw, for as cheap as the product is compared to competitors, it feels very strong and not flimsy(my battery case was a little flimsy, but nothing tape can cure!)

EDIT: I have finally field tested this product and it saved me loads of time digging especially on shallow digs. Lots of times my items were in the sides of the hole rather than down in it, and this picked them up perfectly. I love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars BOUNTY HUNTER PINPOINT Pinpointer, April 10, 2009
This review is from: Pinpointer (Lawn & Patio)
Product works well as advertised. However, I wish it had an earphone connection. The indicator tone is hard to hear with some background noises.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great accessory to my detector, January 18, 2013
The pinpointer arrived promptly, and I put it to use the same day. I found it ver helpful once I was digging for an object. It did just what it is intended to do. I read some negative reviews, but I think if the item is not abused, and is treated like a friendly tool,, it will prove to be very useful and long lasting. Just don't use it as a digging tool .. use your trowel or spade for that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for what I needed it for., April 8, 2013
This review is from: Pinpointer (Lawn & Patio)
Will help pinpoint if you use a regular metal detector. As much as I get out for this hobby, it will do what I need it to. You must be approx 1.25 inches from object to detect. Enough for me to determine if what I found is still buried or in the dirt I dug out. Set sensitivity where it just quits audio hum and vibrating forbest results. If you do this hobby often you might want a higher end pinpointer, but for me, it is good enough.

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of junk, June 2, 2014
This review is from: Pinpointer (Lawn & Patio)
I wish I could rate this thing as a "zero star". Or maybe a "minus." The only good thing is that it came as a bonus when I bought my Garrett detector and I didn't pay for this junk. They claimed the thing had a value of $100.00. PLEASE!!! I forgot to take my Pro Pointer yesterday and happened to have this in the car. I figured it was better than nothing. WRONG!! It barely vibrates and the tip has to actually be touching the target before it works. I changed batteries three times. No difference. Luckily, my brother was close by and I borrowed his Pro Pointer when I searched for a target or I waved handfuls of dirt in front of the detector. If I could save one person from buying this trashy thing I would feel like I have done a great service. Save up your money and buy a Garrett Pro Pointer. I promise you won't be sorry. My brother had to talk me out of throwing this thing in a trash can when we left the park. Sorry about the angry sounding rant but I would be embarrassed to sell this junk at any price. $100 value? Yeah, right!!

Pinpointer