Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Graduation forum

Bout time he made a new album

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 20, 2007 11:49:40 AM PDT
I can't wait for this album to come out. His new single "Can't Tell Me Nothing" is one of the hardest songs I've heard this year.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2007 8:15:16 PM PDT
C. Sides says:
If you like Cant Tell Me Nothing, you def. need to hear Stronger if these songs indicate the quality of this cd it may be his best yet

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2007 9:38:55 AM PDT
I've heard "Stronger". I just forgot to mention it. His 2 new singles are better than any other ones he has had. Except for "Touch The Sky" (Late Registration). The fact that these are the first two singles, we could be looking at not only his best album yet but also the album of 2007.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2007 10:50:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 26, 2007 10:52:22 PM PDT
Bennet says:
i would have to say that i think that his new singles are weaker than anything on late registration and 90 percent of the stuff on the college dropout, especially in a lyrical sense

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2007 7:46:04 AM PDT
Frederick says:
I'd have to agree with you... whereas Kanye had two or three solid singles in 2005, I'm not really feeling any of these new ones. And, for some reason, Kanye's still talking about dykes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2007 9:36:32 PM PDT
S. Moore says:
What we have heard so far is not as good as "Gold Digger" or "Jesus Walks" but Kanye still reins supreme as the king of rap. He's the best in the business, and this CD like all his others will inevitably win him Best Rap Album at the grammy's and at least a nomination for Album of the Year. He's doing great stuff. I like "Stronger," but not so much "Can't Tell Me Nothing."

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2007 3:36:37 PM PDT
I don't like either of the two singles. What annoys me about Stronger the most is because I like the Daft Punk song he's sampling. He kinda ruins it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2007 1:06:48 PM PDT
I hope this CD ends up being good enough to win Album of the Year, because Kanye really deserves it after getting shafted by Ray Charles' mediocre post-humous duet album. College Dropout without a doubt should've won that award.

Then again, maybe it's about time Kanye West stopped chasing awards and just followed what sounded good to him. Mos Def never was even nominated Best Album for Black on Both Sides after all.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2007 4:22:54 PM PDT
Kanye's new cd's is genuinly a good one from what I've heard so far. Obviously the two big songs on the net right now are "Stronger" and "Can't Tell Me Nothing." I've found a few other of new songs off the album and am impressed by stuff like "Bittersweet", a song featuring John Mayer of all people. Other songs that are up to par but aren't as good as the three mentioned are "Throw Some D's On It" and "I Still Love H.E.R"

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2007 4:36:16 PM PDT
I know this album is gonna be great.....He's collaborating with Chris Martin from Coldplay on the production....I love what he bringing to the table and it's only gonna bet better.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Graduation forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jun 20, 2007
Latest post:  Aug 5, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions