4.0 out of 5 stars Great deal!
What a gorgeous and unique shoe! Well-made, soft leather, very comfortable right out of the box. One shoe was a bit difficult to zip up at first, but it loosened up with time. I can slip my feet in and out of the these though, so the zipper isn't all the important.

Published on March 14, 2011 by Yoga Rae-Rae

2.0 out of 5 stars odd
These boots looked cool on the computer. They definitely didn't in person. Not only were they narrow, they have a huge opening at the top. Minimal arch support. They would have been great if they would have had a slightly taller shaft and a much smaller opening at the top.
Published on April 11, 2011 by Erin Palmer

4.0 out of 5 stars Great deal!, March 14, 2011
This review is from: Boutique 9 Women's Cooper Ankle Boot (Apparel)

Because of the unique shoe opening, the shoe has a very loose fit. I would say they run a half size large, so order a half size smaller than you usually do. I got the 5.5 and it definitely fits like a true size 6, but I should be able to wear them with an orthodontic and socks. I guess that's my only choice since they don't make a size 5.

Lastly, try and buy these on a Thursday through Amazon's Thursday Lightning Deals. I got these shoes for about a third of their original price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute...with issues, April 11, 2011
These ankle booties are really cute. Tough-looking and cute are right up my alley. However, the opening for the boot is unnecessarily large and awkward...still too big after tucking skinny jeans. I say this as someone with normal-sized ankles. Plus, based on reviews I read here and elsewhere, I got these a half-size larger but I actually think they would have fit me true to size. Despite this, I've decided to keep them because they're so cute and I'll be able to add an insole for some added comfort.

2.0 out of 5 stars odd, April 11, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Put some spring in your step!, March 30, 2011
This review is from: Boutique 9 Women's Cooper Ankle Boot (Apparel)
So I'll admit it, I may have a bit of a problem, I love buying shoes. When these came up during a Thursday shoe lightning deal I was like "Yeah! Rugged looking ankle boots! Let's buy them!". But then, instant regret. These are soooo not my style, whatever will I do? So I waited until they arrived, and tried them on, and loved them! Mostly I wear them with tucked in skinny jeans. My bootcut jeans look only okay worn over them, mostly because the detailing on the top of the shoe is what makes these shine and really should be shown off, but also because the opening of the boot is low and wide and creates a weird line. My favorite way to wear these shoes is with bright tights and a floaty feminine skirt.
Size wise I got my normal 6 1/2 and they fit true to size. I find I rarely use the zipper, but it is convenient when I'm putting the boots on. I bought the grey color and found it to be really versatile. They have integrated seamlessly into my wardrobe. While not as comfortable as sneakers, they are fine for walking or extended periods of wear. Also, I love bike commuting in them! My only problem occurs when I don't wear socks or tights... The reinforcement stitching inside really scrapes up my heel, so I guess I'll be wearing socks! Which is totally fine because thus far these boots haven't been sock eaters.
Mostly I just love how funky and awesome they look, and how they have totally freshened my wardrobe. Also, they are the perfect transition boots for spring!

2.0 out of 5 stars Love but seam ripped, December 4, 2011
This review is from: Boutique 9 Women's Cooper Ankle Boot (Apparel)
I love these boots but what you can't really see on the picture is that there is a vertical seam on the top of the boot that runs from the leather toe part and under the flappy thing. Ya, I realize that probably doesn't make sense but because this seam is in the suede it's pretty much impossible to fix. Took to two shoe repair guys here in NYC and neither could fix. One tried glue even. Hopefully that won't happen to you because these are very unique and cool boots. Thanks to good old Amazon, though, I was able to return and bought a similar pair by Nine West.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, November 10, 2011
The shoes arrived quickly, I received a great sale price and they are exactly as described. I love the color and the fit is perfect. I get many compliments - pleased!

3.0 out of 5 stars styling a bit strange, October 13, 2010
These boots are well made, but the styling is not for everybody.It looked strange on my feet.

Boutique 9 Women's Cooper Ankle Boot