Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on September 15, 2012
I needed a budget friendly flash for my Rebel T3. This product is superb. I would recommend. I read some other negative reviews but my experience has been great. Not the best quality as in product the plastic its made with is a bit on the cheap side but if you take care of your stuff properly it works! I do plan to upgrade but until then im happy with the Bower Flash it suits well and looks beautiful mounted on top of my DSLR.

Update 1/28/2013:
After a few months the Bower flash is now dead. I used it in normal usage, never dropped or misused in anyway. It was actually sitting in my camera bag for a while and i picked it up today and its gone. If you want something that will last a few months and are on a budget do it! But if your looking for a good flash this is not it. I am buying a new one today and its not gonna be another bower.
0Comment25 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2012
The description about being fully automatic seems a bit misleading. It does not automatically adjust at all for range and has no sync capability to match camera settings. At the price offered, I did not expect any of this. But, some first-time buyers may not be as aware.

Despite being mostly manual, it does seem to automatically adjust well for varying lighting conditions due to the built-in light sensor. Settings include manual (which actually means always full-power), low-power automatic, and high-power automatic. The lens can be adjusted to four variations, from narrow to broad beam. It seems to diffuse the light okay. But, when lacking an ideal ceiling to bounce the beam off of, you will need to add your own diffuser.

The angle adjusts from 0° (horizontal) to 90° (vertical). And, the added ability to swivel left or right is nice to have in awkward or unique circumstances and may be indispensable when shooting vertical.

My only complaint appears to be the battery cover. The cover's design seems too ... cheap. Also, it's tiny and not attached. It stands a good chance of getting lost if you ever need to change-out the batteries on location.

Since this flash had no camera sync capability, it paired well with a cheap wireless trigger system, which also does not accommodate the ability to sync. I bought a two-node system [..] for $30 that works great with this flash. It freed up my camera and has to be the cheapest portable wireless lighting system money can buy. The only thing that won't fit in my bag are stands and diffusers. I'm buying another identical flash today.
22 comments20 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2012
Love this flash and it works wonders. Have been using same for several months now with no problem. This flash is a perfect match/fit for my Canon T3. Love the way flash can swivel and be bounced off walls for some very good shots. Pictures taken with this flash would be greater if fitted with a suitable diffuser [any recommendations?] Again, love this unit and would not trade for the Speedlight flash unit. Further, item was delivered within time-frame promised. Keep up the good work AMAZON.
22 comments10 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2013
after using the flash for around 4 months, and taking around 100 pics with it, it stopped working with no reason !! a changed the batteries but nothing is working, I don't know how a Flash is damaged and stops working after that such small period and minimal use !! i am feeling dissatisfied from this product. also i searched for the customer service e-mail address as i am living in Egypt and can not call them, I couldn't find any !! this is the worst product i bought from amazon till now.
on December 25, 2012
as stated, this is NOT designed just for the Canon cameras. It is a generic autoflash that does its own sensing and not through any particular camera. Works with ANY camera with a hot shoe - no dedicated pins.
11 comment7 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2013
Haven't been able to get acceptable pictures with this flash unit. Doesn't seem to coordinate with the camera. Am I missing something
on December 13, 2012
The batt. life is not the best and the auto feature doesn't work with EOS T3. Great flash and adjustable brightness. Came on time.
on December 13, 2012
so excited when this came it fits and works great. I am a novice photographer this makes me looks like I am a professional.
on October 16, 2012
This product is useless as a normal flash. If you need a flash for outdoor, distant shots then this will work for you. But, if you are looking for a shot that meters and provides the flash needed then buy something else.
0Comment10 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2013
not a very good flash at all. everything is manual. but i guess it gets getting use to. wouldnt recommend it