5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible
These are amazing headphones. Everything about them is high quality. They feel like a well worn hat with soft covers over your ears. The sound is incredible, with outstanding imaging. The negative, they are expensive, but you know that already.

From the moment I cut open the two clear tape rounds and started to open the box, I knew these were special. Oddly,...
Published on March 26, 2010 by Daniel G. Lebryk

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Bag
After reading some reviews for these headphones, I dropped by The Apple Store. I listened to a pair for maybe 20 minutes, trying some familiar music on the iPhone they were attached to. I was underwhelmed. At best, the music sounded "remote". Of course, The Apple Store isn't the ideal place to test headphones; too much ambient noise. I left the store feeling that I had...
Published on January 19, 2011 by Thunderhead22

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 518 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive!, October 18, 2012
Osa (Lewisville, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bowers & Wilkins P5 Headphones - Black (Electronics)
Warning! If you buy these headphones you will become a music addict and get lost in the music again. I cannot stop smiling when I am listening to various genres of music from my B&W P5 and it blows any headphones in the $300 price range right now and is completely a game changer in my opinion. I bought these to replace my Bose QC2 that I had for a few years and I have not missed it one bit. To top it off compared to most headphones in the $300 price range B&W offers a 2 year warranty compared to 1 year limited warranty like Bose and Monster Beats.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect harmonious sound for an ear thumping musical experience, May 12, 2012
This review is from: Bowers & Wilkins P5 Headphones - Black (Electronics)
The P5's are by far the best looking, compact and quality head phones to date. I use them to listen to music on my iPad, Macbook Pro, iPod and iPhone and I truly adore them. They sound terrific and well worth the price for the quality and specifications you get. The look very classy and not the fad like a Beats Pro headphone which is excessive muddy sound of bass.

I would high suggest any one to get these head phones. Nothing like sitting in the plane watching a movie on your iPad or listening to the very best of Frank Sinatra and Pavarotti thought these speakers.

They are a work of art to own and use, these are a masterpiece.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Headphones. NOT comfortable!, April 6, 2012
This review is from: Bowers & Wilkins P5 Headphones - Black (Electronics)
I bought these headphones a week ago.
i'm very impressed from their sound quality and build quality.
the only thing that's annoying is that you can't listen to your beloved music for more than 20 minutes without letting your ears rest. at first it feels amazing on your head, but after a while the pressure on your head gets too hard. it's a shame.

Design- 10\10
Sound- 10\10
Durability- 10\10
comfort- 6\10

i'm not going to return them.. the sound is way too good :)

overall - good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Adult Headset., December 15, 2011
This review is from: Bowers & Wilkins P5 Headphones - Black (Electronics)
I had criteria that I wanted met.
No flashy colors.
No additional battery power.
Hopefully an inline control.
Wide band of audible frequencies.
High Quality.
No sound interferences.
Competitive price.

I looked at probably close to a hundred headsets. I only found one that I liked that fit in almost every bit of the criteria. Those were the Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Hifi. I honestly think one of my favorite things about them is that there isn't any plastic on them. The second I received the box, I had them plugged in and playing music. I felt emotion with the music again. Things are paired again. I smiled, and continue to smile while listening through these headphones. If anyone ever asks me again, These will be the only recommendation that I offer. I immediately purchased an ADH warranty for them because I don't know if I'll ever take them off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lush, rich, and accurate - a perfect auditory experience, December 11, 2010
Fhoxh (Pittsburgh, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bowers & Wilkins P5 Headphones - Black (Electronics)
These headphones scream elegance and class. They are aesthetically stunning and the fit-and-finish is astonishing.

When wearing these headphones, it's as if you're enveloped in a warm, soft blanket of pure musical bliss. It's like the entire world drops off and it's just you and your music, in its most beautiful and primal form.

Prior to purchasing these, I checked out many other headphones (Beats, Bose, Etymotic, Klipsch, Sennheiser, Shure, Sony, UE) in the same general price range. The P5s are, to my ears, without a doubt, the best sounding headphones I've ever had the privilege of listening to.

B&W clearly sweat every minute detail of these headphones, inside and out.

The only downside is that these headphones, unfortunately, are not particularly compatible with wearing glasses. I ended up, extremely reluctantly, returning these headphones due to discomfort after about an hour of wear with glasses.

However, these headphones made such a profound and lasting impression on me that I actually ended up, weeks later, switching to contact lenses specifically to repurchase the headphones.

I love these headphones. I wouldn't give them up (again) for anything in the world.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Phones but they don't match the Price or the Hype, April 21, 2010
I tried a pair of these for about an hour and could hear no earth-shattering difference between them and a pair of $70 Sony Extra Bass or $140 Bose TriPorts. The P5s are also less comfortable than either, and the Sonys actually have a larger range (4-24k Hz vs. 10-20k Hz) which gives them clearer bass.

Overall the P5s are nice but in my opinion worth one third to one half their price. And people say Bose is overpriced! I'm not an "audiophile" but I'm not deaf either. Also worth noting with the P5s is that if you wear glasses these can cause them to dig into your temple and get sore after an hour or so. They also tend to get a little sweaty.

I suppose I should say some good things about the P5s since they're actually pretty good headphones, price notwithstanding. They're certainly no slouch when it comes to sound. They're also very sturdy and well-constructed. The sheep skin feels nice but not amazing. Magnets hold the replaceable cups in place and the cord is also replaceable and includes an iPod controller and standard cable (though the iPod cable wasn't working with my stereo; only my iPod). I could see Bowers coming out with different types of cups later on (like around-ear, etc) which would be a blessing for additional sound isolation and comfort. Overall the P5s are designed to last even if various components break down or wear out, which helps you get a bit more for your money.

In conclusion, I would really only recommend the P5s in two cases:

1. If you're an audio engineer requiring the most accurate sound for your work. While these do sound accurate they don't sound as "colorful" and "bouncy" as other sets and I don't think I would care much for them for day-to-day listening unless I only listened to classical and jazz.

2. If classical and jazz are your two favorite types of music I would get the P5s right away since they really showcase the richness of the P5s. I haven't heard jazz sound better on any other phones, even Bose or Sennheiser don't come close. Very crisp and alive. It's just that the P5s lack a bit of character and "oomph" when it comes to pop, rock, techno, and metal and for the price the P5s should be absolutely outstanding in most cases and not just great in many cases. Especially when there are so many other options out there. You can pump up the bass and treble in your EQ to get some more color but what's the point when you can just do the same thing with a much cheaper pair?

I don't mean to be a buzzkill but these are just my opinions and observations. Go to the Apple Store and try a pair out if you want to; they might be worth the price to you. Anyway, hope this review helps.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great cans, terrible company, July 25, 2013
This review is from: Bowers & Wilkins P5 Headphones - Black (Electronics)
The B&W P5 are a great set of headphones. They are detailed with just enough bass and good mids and highs. I enjoyed my P5 for about 2 years and then...the right side went out on me. The local B&W agent refused to even look at them without charging a $250 fee. For a small faulty solder point this is a ridiculous amount of money. B&W is absolutely not interested in after sales service and just wants to milk the customer. It seems that the fault is entirely due to B&W manufacturing as it affects a lot of the P5s. They refuse even to respond to emails.The agent finally agreed on a $80 dollar fee providing they don't have to replace anything, otherwise it will be double that. They considered that a gesture!

4.0 out of 5 stars 1st Impression, Good not Great., April 22, 2010
V. Bank "vbank" (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
I just picked up the P5's for a trail run. With a 14 day return policy, I figured I would give it a shot. I am a bit of an audiophile. I currently have Westone 3s, Shure 530s (broken, stupid cable) Grados i60's and ATH-A700 to compare. I was looking for a portable closed back can as my Westones can start to hurt the ears after a few hours. I wont reiterate what has already been said, build quality (incredible) and price (high), but will chime in with my 2 cents. First I dont have a iphone (broken) listen to them on my HTC HD2 (better music player in my opinion). Overall impressions have been, average. Comfort for me have not been a problem. I can wear glasses, no problems. They do heat the ears a bit, but does not bother me. I wont even compare them to Westones, but will say I do like them better than the grados. I feel there is a better overall richness than the grados, but still think the ATHs have a better soundstage. That being said, the ATHs are HUGE, so not a really option to commute with. They seem to be lacking a bit of highs, or for that matter, the lows I think are a bit overpowering. I tried a variety of music, and depending on the bit rate and style, it varies. Listened to Pink Floyd on a loseless codec and it lacked the depth that should be there. On the other hand, Blackroc incoded at 192k, sounded really good. Social Distortion sounded good, but vocals seemed distance and not up front. Basement Jaxx at 320k, sounded better than my Westones, so go figure.

I tried them both amped and no amp, and its very clear these are made for a DAP with NO amp.

I think if you are thinking about Monster Beats, or Bose, then these are a great option. I hate active nosie cancelling, so these are better than the Bose, but still have the heavy bass signature sound like the "UGLY" beats. I debated between 3 and 4 stars and ending going with the 4 stars. The price is a HUGE piece in all of this. Does the price equal the sound quality? Short answer is no. Way better cans at this price. However does the build quality and lasting appeal equal the price? Yes. No doubt I will have these headphones (if I keep them) in 15 years and look is classic. Basically I can wear them on the street and not feel like a total tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beats Beats by a mile!, June 29, 2014
This review is from: Bowers & Wilkins P5 Headphones - Black (Electronics)
Best headphones I've ever owned. Very high quality sound and comfortable on the ears. Put's Dre's Beats to shame for sound quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Headphones, June 20, 2014
Tom (LIBERTY, MO, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bowers & Wilkins P5 Headphones - Black (Electronics)
As soon as I got these, the quality was apparent. The box and packaging was beautiful and well designed to protect them. Good instructions with visuals. They come with 2 cords, one for phones and one for tablets, computer. MP3 player or whatever as well as an adapter for the larger home stereo connector. The cords are easily changed. The leather on the earpiece is incredibly soft and comfortable, well stitched. The overall appearance of the headphones is gorgeous.Very sturdy and well made with metal construction for the most part and high quality leather on the the earpieces and headband.
Most importantly, the sound is awesome. Plays the music as it was recorded and very natural sounding. I have used them to listen to music on computer, tablet. notebook computer and MP3 player and it is the best sound ever. I used them to watch a movie on my computer and the sound was great with well nuanced high and lows, The background sound was audible without disturbing the dialogue and enhanced the viewing experience.
Would recommend them to anyone who wants a great set of headphones. The best thing about mine is I won them in a contest and got them for free,

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 518 | Next ›