Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 25, 2013
Fantastic machine for just over 400.00 delivered! I been looking for one of these for awhile now and in my mid 50's it's time to get a work out in my life! Took about 90 minutes to put together and it's the perfect amount of resistance for guys my age. They recommend about every other day for roughly 20-25 minutes with the basic work out they give you but there are many to choose from. I like week days working out for about 25 minutes a day and i take the weekends off and for me that's the best. Very solid and well built for the money and I just love the whole package and price and delivery! This is one of the better deals out there!
on September 9, 2013
Looks intimidating to me. Haven't tried it. It's not for small rooms/spaces. It takes up, a good third of my 11 by 14 guest room.
And room temperature DOES affect the strength of the bands. We had it, in the garage a few days, and my son, thought the bands had already wore out. As the temperature in the garage, was 115 degrees ( no exaggeration. Outside temps were in low 100's. hotter in unvented West facing garage), I figured out, the heat was expanding/stretching the bands.
We brought it back, into the air conditioned house, and the resistance, was back.
on July 7, 2015
Solid system that works if you work with it. I'm a rookie to fitness thing but following the system that they provide in the booklet has already showed me results. It's a solid piece and it works just like it should. I'm very satisfied with what I got for what I paid. Might consider the upgrade version of it.
on February 7, 2015
You can do at least 30 exercises on this machine and it saves me from paying the YMCA $75 /month. It works well, was easy to set up, its cheap and I've moved the gym to my basement. I highly recommend it.
on December 7, 2013
For the price, this version of the bowflex is pretty nice but I really wish you could upgrade it! I wouldn't recommend this if you normally go to the gym (maybe 2-3 times a week) and are looking to get something for your home... the rod resistance just doesn't compare and you'll wish (like I do) that you could add more. Also, the rods seem to be wearing faster than I anticipated.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this for someone who's just starting out, but not someone who wants to supplement their off-gym days.
on February 14, 2011
I read alot of reveiws on the PR1000 before i purchased. i dont see any flaws with it. it is overall good quality. easy to assemble. fairly easy to use. and for the price a great value. i looked all over for the "right" bowflex because it was going to be important seeing how i am giving up my gym membership. the one thing that stood out from other ones for the price was the lat tower. most of the ones i found were also used. so getting a new one with a lat tower was great.
Also, many people said that the 210 pounds was inadequate. i would have to disagree. i dont have any buyer remorse.
the time to put together was little less that two hours like others have stated as well.
if you are considering purchasing this then i would recomend it and read the other reveiws because they are mostly accurate.
on October 12, 2015
Excellent product that I'm extremely pleased with. It took me about 3 hours to put together and I had to take up my stairs a piece or so at a time. It is very easy to change out the various positions. Excellent buy for the money.
on June 16, 2010
Good machine for getting started. I was always considering a Bowflex, but the cost always stopped me. So, I bought cheaper set-ups that ended up as clothes racks and sold for 20% of what I paid. This machine comes with some easy workouts to get you up to speed and keep you motivated. This honestly is the first thing I have owned that I have used religously. You do need to use it to see results. I think the fact that you pay more keeps you motivated. I have lost 4 pounds in 30 days and feel better. It is well built and I don't mind swithing the cables as some have complained about. I can see how you may need more resistance eventually, but for the average guy like me if you can bench it all you're doing great. I can't yet. It was a good deal with free freight and no tax. Happy so far.
on May 25, 2015
I wanted a safer home workout than free weights after nearly dropping my barbell across my neck a few times. Since I work out alone this could be a problem. Also I must confess I picked up a virtually new PR 1000 on Craigslist for $80 from someone moving so the investment was negligible.
After only one week I have certainly modified my workout to slower reps, better form, and to failure. Having the rowing option is great and with the unit folded up it actually gives me MORE floor room than my old bench press. Having the lat pull down seems to be reducing the shoulder pain I occasionally get from pull-ups. I still do floor work (crunches and pushups) on alternate days. So far very happy, but probably would not have paid retail for it.
on October 24, 2011
Construction, while tedious, was not very difficult.

Exercise manual is a little less than impressive, but still fairly clear about how to go about the different exercises.

My rooommate and I absolutely love the machine. We've been using it for a few weeks now and are already seeing some results. I've done free-weight exercises before, but all I ever got from that was sore muscles. To be fair, I'm not ripped yet ;), but I can already see some definition in my arms.

Based on the weights we are using now, the 210lb max leaves plenty of room for growth and shouldn't be a problem unless you're trying to be a bodybuilder.