4.0 out of 5 stars Tips on using the Bowflex
First of all, I have the Bowflex Sport, which is the same as the Blaze just with different trim and labels, but which is being discontinued to Bowflex (however if you can find one they are cheaper than the Blaze).

Before I get into my tips, I'll give a brief review. I've had this machine for 10 months now and I am mostly pleased with it. I started out as a...
Published on August 25, 2007 by Thomas J. Happ

3.0 out of 5 stars My 2 cents
A friend gave me a brand new Bowflex Blaze as he never used it. Fortunatley I didnt have to assemble it. I've been using it for two months now and have had some good results. No real weight loss but I feel and look better. I'm not into going to a real gym for all the normal reasons. I workout on the Blaze every other day. So far I do the normal "20 minute workout" routine...
Published 21 months ago by Verge

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, But Different From Free Weights, April 30, 2013
This review is from: Bowflex Blaze Home Gym (Sports)
About me: I'm a 6' 2"; 26 year old male who who has average to above average fitness level. I've recently completed my education at University, so I am no longer able to utilize the school's gym. Instead of paying for a gym membership, I figured I would invest in the Blaze; the cost of the Blaze is less than a 3 month membership to any of the local gyms, and I can always run outside for cardio, so I thought I'd try using the Blaze as an alternative.

About the Blaze: It is actually a bit taller than the description says, but only because of the nuts and bolts needed to secure the lat tower in place. Other than that, the aspects of the gym are spot on. Everything feels solid and works exceptionally well, even the squat station, which is what I was the most interested in (and the most concerned for). Even though I am a taller individual, the Blaze is still able to support a full range of motion for the 30+ exercises I have done.

Pros: Easy to set up (I did it in about an 1.5 hours by myself); all parts and peripherals included (handle straps, squat station bar + accessories, lat pulldown bar, all cables & pulleys); large variety of exercises, including key leg (squats, leg press, leg extensions, leg curl) and back (deadlift, rowing, lat pulldown). If you truly want to lose weight, even while you're not exercising, you have to build muscle; the Blaze allows you to hit all of your major muscle groups for a better workout and more efficient weight loss.

Cons: The Bowflex power rods are NOT the equivalent of free weights. The exercises get harder as the flex increases in the weights/bows; exercises do not have a uniform resistance throughout your range of motion. If you want to exercise your legs properly, you're going to want to upgrade to at least the 310 rod upgrade. Both the 310 and 410 rod upgrade are easy to install, and both come with everything needed to install them as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blaze is the Best, August 18, 2011
MeanMachine "Matt M" (West Milford, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bowflex Blaze Home Gym (Sports)
I bought the Blaze in November of 2007. Since then I have lost over 32 pounds and increased my overall strength beyond my wildest expectations. All of this is good, but what is really great is the incredible stretch you get from the rod technology vs just bulking up from lifting traditional weights. This is different and will produce less bulk, but more flexibility with the same strength gains. Since I am a little older, the flexibility is a welcome benefit. I also added cardio training once I dropped a majority of my weight and felt better, so now I do both and I am so glad I made this purchase. The machine is QUALITY and I paid $1,000 4 years ago, so the price here is a bargain. Make the $ investment, start with a reasonable workout regimen and don't worry about the calendar or the scale, just do it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Buy...Buy now!!!!, August 15, 2011
This review is from: Bowflex Blaze Home Gym (Sports)
Let me start by saying that my wife and I have been going to a gym for the last 9 years and I would consider ourselves to be Gym Rats. Unfortunately we have recently we have had a hard time making it to the gym regularly due to our 3 year old daughter not being in daycare anymore. So we decided to buy a small arsenal of home fitness equipment, including a Bowflex Blaze, and make home gym. This has been by far one of the best decisions and investments we have made. We have been able to regularly have very intense workouts in the comfort of our own home 24 hours a day. All without having to spend 2+ hours of our day going to a gym.

The Bowflex Blaze is so versatile due to it having three pulley systems plus the leg attachment. The Blaze is not limited to 60+ exercises. Anything and everything I can do at the gym and then some I can do at home. I feel that this machine can either supplement a gym membership, which we are doing, or replace it all together. To sum it all up, if you can think of a workout you can do it on the Bowflex Blaze. I don't know of any other machine as versatile and complete as a bowflex for the money and space.

I do like and enjoy the Power Rod System a lot. It provides quick resistance changes, works your stabilizers, does not require a spotter, and will fatigue you if you push yourself enough. Although some don't believe so, the Power rods can be used for high rep sets or low rep sets. I personally combine both methods and go to muscle failure.

The Blaze is also very easy to assemble. I assembled it by myself in about 2.5 hours, the instructions are very clear, and I was taking my sweet time. I did buy and received the 310lb upgrade about one week after assembling the Blaze. The upgrade took about 15 minutes and the Blaze does not need to be turned on it side to add the upgrade at a later time.

So what are you waiting for? If you are motivated enough to regularly workout at home and not just use the Blowflex as a glorified coat hanger place your order now!!!

My home gym consists of a Bowflex Blaze, Schwinn 431 elliptical, Hoist decline Ab bench, and a few power bands within a 10.5x13 foot room with a 5x9 foot wall mirror. A wall mounted 32inch TV and nice Sony shelf system with ipod dock and subwoofer provide the entertainment. Some nice motivating abstract paintings and house plants give it an upscale look.

Here is an example of a workout I did today: High intensity 10 minute elliptical warmup. On 45 degree angled bench: Hand gripped bench press 12,12,6,5,4. Chest flies 12,12,10,10. Lower chest fly raises 10,10,10. Over head chest press 8,8,8. With sliding seat: Single calf push aways 15,15,15. Flat bench: Chest flies 10,10,10 to burn out. Shoulder press with straight bar 10,10,10 No bench: Hand gripped calf raises 12,12,12 Trap raises 12,12,12. All sets had about 15-20 second rest between sets. Just enough time to switch Rod resistance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bowflex Blaze, August 23, 2008
Patrick (Houston, TX, USA) - See all my reviews
Bowflex Blaze Home Gym

The box arrived and weighed in at about 225lbs. I was able to fully assemble my Bowflex Blaze, by myself, in about two and a half hours. Allen wrenches are included but you are going to need an adjustable wrench and a rubber mallet (for the base) for assembly. Make sure you pay close attention to the way the parts are shown in assembly and how they are being put together (i.e. what side is facing up, or what type of washers are being used, etc.).

I also ordered the Power Rod upgrades to 310lbs and 410lbs. Installation for both was VERY simple and took a total of five minutes. The bench part can fold up to save space and the base unit has wheels so you can tilt it back and roll it into a corner. I do suggest putting down some scrap carpet or cardboard underneath the unit just to save the wear and tear on whatever surface is underneath it (carpet, hardwood flooring, etc).

I have been using the Blaze daily since I put it together, now going on 4 weeks. I have had NO problems at all! Operation is very smooth and quiet. It really does everything it advertises and then some. For the money, this was definitely worth every cent! Overall, I am very satisfied!

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied customer; objectives achieved, July 27, 2012
This review is from: Bowflex Blaze Home Gym (Sports)
I am 52 and have not worked out for many years. Working out became less interesting as commitment to work and marriage took priority. My wife and I wanted an easy to use, simple multi-excercise machine that we could use to tone. We wanted to spend a maximum of 30 minutes working out different muscle groups without all the aggravations of free weights. The Blaze Home Gym was easy to assemble, easy to use and provides us with the type of work out that we wanted. An excellent purchase!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good equipment terrible service from Bowflex-Nautilus, March 7, 2012
This review is from: Bowflex Blaze Home Gym (Sports)
I have had a Bowflex Blaze for a couple of years, and I must say that it is a very good piece of exercise equipment. Both my wife and I use it. However, when one of the power rods broke, I expected that I would have no trouble getting a replacement from Bowflex Nautilus as the power rods are guaranteed for life, NOT TRUE, even after I sent more than the information they requested. They couldn't find the registration, saying that I could have gotten it at a garage sale or anywhere. I had to buy a replacement online. I have since found out that Bowflex-Nautilus in not noted for their service or living up to their guarantees. Let me very clear that Bowflex-Nautilus is the culprits and Not Amazon - Amazon is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bowflex Blaze, November 9, 2010
This review is from: Bowflex Blaze Home Gym (Sports)
I received my bowflex blaze when promised. All parts were very well packed. I put it together by myself with no problems. It is everything they state. Enjoying working out and getting back into shape. I only want to tone up my muscles so the weights that come with the set are perfect for me. It has helped my joint and back pain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Home Gym. Highly Recommended., July 3, 2012
This review is from: Bowflex Blaze Home Gym (Sports)
I've owned this Bowflex Blaze Home Gym for approximately 6 weeks now, and must say, I love it. Shipping was fast and item arrived 2 days earlier than promised (despite free shipping). The setup was brutal though. Took me 4 hours to assemble fully. I recommend having a ratchet set in hand for easier assembly. Once fully assembled, I was more than impressed. This machine is solid. The workouts are smooth and the pulley system is virtually silent. Must warn you though, this gym is big, so make sure you have the space for it. I have 8 feet high ceilings and the machine almost reaches the top. Changing from one exercise to the other is a breeze. My only gripe is that if you want to do leg exercises and rows, you may need to upgrade the rods for more resistance. I read a few of the reviews on here before purchase and most say this gym is very different than free weights. While this is somewhat true, I can tell you that after the first workout, I felt just as soar as if I had used free weights. The rod resistance is a lot better on the joints and safer. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product, quick shipping!, February 8, 2008
N. Leed (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bowflex Blaze Home Gym (Sports)
Once set up, this Bowflex works wonders. I can't see why anyone would need the more expensive one. It is a good idea however to get the added weights for it because 210 pounds isn't much for even a 115 pound woman to press with her legs on this machine (it is very smooth and allows for easy movements). The shipping was super quick too. The setup time was pretty lengthy though, taking about 1.5 - 2 hrs total, and you really need to get the hang of switching the equipment to do the next exercise fairly quickly (for the first little bit I would have to look up the next exercise and figure out how to switch the equipment over to do it, and by then my heart rate went back down etc.).

A definite buy though, I use it almost every day and going to the gym just doesn't compare anymore! (except for cardio).

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool Machine!, January 18, 2008
This review is from: Bowflex Blaze Home Gym (Sports)
Shipping on my bowflex took a bit longer than I expected... but it finally arrived, undamaged, about 5 days behind schedule. When opening the box, don't panic! There are a LOT of parts in there. However, the assembly instructions were documented VERY clearly, and the illustrations made the assembly easy. It still took about 4 hours, but it went flawlessly.

Once assembled, the machine works REALLY smoothly, and is easy to set up for different exercises, etc. Does all the stuff I was looking for, including leg presses... leg presses don't seem to be possible on many of the machines. I love it!

I may be adding another 100 lbs to the rods, but the machine works great!

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›