5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Heart Rate Monitor
I just bought this HRM Watch since I am starting to get back into shape and really hate ones with straps. I decided to ignore the one review this item had since I didn't feel it reflected the item itself but rather the anger of the reviewer.

Published on February 19, 2010 by KellyLC

3.0 out of 5 stars Works if it's not on my wrist
I've just been using the watch for a day, but here are my findings so far.

Before exercising it worked fine, I got a reading every time.

After I started exercising, I wasn't able to get a reading at all, I tried dozens of times, I wet my fingers as the instructions suggested.. nothing...

Then I took the watch off, I put the pads of 2...
Published on June 28, 2010 by Ronan

3.0 out of 5 stars Works if it's not on my wrist, June 28, 2010
This review is from: Bowflex Classic Strapless Heart Rate Monitor Watch (Black) (Sports)
I've just been using the watch for a day, but here are my findings so far.

Before exercising it worked fine, I got a reading every time.

Then I took the watch off, I put the pads of 2 fingers on my left hand on the metal back of the watch, and the two pads of my fingers on the right hand on the sensors as usual... it works this way almost every time..

Strange, but as long as it's working I'm happy, I just leave the watch on a table and pick it up when I want to check my HR.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Heart Rate Monitor, February 19, 2010
KellyLC (Durham, NC United States) - See all my reviews

It works great and isn't heavy. I like all of the features even though I only got it for reading my HR but feel I might eventually use some of the other features once I get a bit more in shape. It also looks like a regular watch so I can wear it anywhere.

It does the following:
- Anytime heart rate readings
- High and low target limits with alarm
- Time of day and calendar
- Dual time function (this means you can set it for another time zone as well as the one you are in)
- Night vision (backlight but I think if you hold the button down longer it will stay on)
- Daily alarm (I like this)
- Easy-to-read, large display
- Stopwatch and countdown timer
- Accurate ECG heart rate readings
- Water resistant

Overall, I am very satisfied with this purchase!

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not do what i wanted, January 22, 2011
The watch in general is a good watch. I had no trouble with the timers, alarm clock, or time itself. The problem came with the heart rate monitor. The main reason why i bought this watch was for the heart rate monitor. I did everything the directions said to make it work. Yet it continued to fail. I tried it on other people and it still did not work. Also, when thinking about ordering this watch it says that the heart rate monitor may have difficulty working if you have dry or hairy skin. Do not buy this watch for the heart rate monitor.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Work, April 13, 2013
Jeff (Colorado Springs, CO United States) - See all my reviews
Bought one. Got it in the mail and it was dead. They were quick to replace it (one great thing about them). Got the replacement and that one doesn't work either.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad sensor button, March 21, 2010
Gabe (Santa Monica) - See all my reviews
I've had this heart rate monitor for a few weeks and it's disappointing. When your fingers are positioned as instructed and the sensor button is pressed, the display should flash as it makes the reading. However, the one I received only works 1-2% of the time. I just started the process to exchange it or get a refund...

1.0 out of 5 stars Pulse/hear rate monitor doesn't work, August 6, 2012
Leonardo Arbelaez (Miami, Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
THis product is TERRIBLE. All things work fine (alarm, clock, timer) except the pulse... even it says pedometer, not been able to find how to make it work either.

Going to return the product, customer service doesn't work, always voice mail. Don't bother to leave a message they won't get back to you.

NOt sure why amazon sells this crap!

1.0 out of 5 stars Great if you don't sweat, December 15, 2012
Works fine when I first put it on; shows pulse quickly and easily, when I don't care. Once I'm into a run and sweating, and really need the heart rate info, I get nothing- ever. An exercise aid that only works if you don't exercise. What a concept!

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work, May 29, 2010
Heart rate monitor does not function. I tried applying a bit of water like they recommended. When that didn't work I even shaved the hair off my wrist. Still no luck. I then called the support line listed in the packing, twice. No answer, not even a machine to leave a message on.

I recommend trying a different product.

1.0 out of 5 stars I'd give it zero stars if I could, January 4, 2012
As heart rate monitors go, don't waste your money. The instructions are incomprehensible, the picture they show is something entirely different than the instructions, and the monitor readings are dodgy at best.

Oh, and just try getting in touch with the company. If you think the incomprehensible instructions are confusing, just wait til you hear the phone menu.

Never again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but not good, August 15, 2013
I have been using this now for about a year.
It does do a good job or providing a heart rate if your skin is damp. If it is dry, no heart rate. (both wrist and fingers)

What really sucks is that the watch face seems to be impossible to clean. It started off small, but now i have a film of something on the face that seems to leave an opaque finish. This is the only watch i have had that does this. And i can't seem to clean it off. Soon i won't be able to read anything even if it is working.

I am not certain i would ever buy this product for the retail price of 60+, When i purchased mine it was a special for 20.. probably still not worth that money.

Rob