Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bowflex 3.1 Adjustable Bench
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Color: Red|Change

on January 22, 2014
After looking at different bench's in store's and on-line for several weeks, I decided to spend my money on the Bowflex as the reviews I saw here seemed to be positive

Pros - Very easy to put together
- Easy to follow instructions
- Easy to adjust
- Stable feet
- great build quality (feels very solid compared to other I tried in stores)

Cons - None

From my own experience, I would recommend this to anybody yet to make their mind up.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2014
I bought this adjustable bench after doing some research into a few of these bench.
The item came in large package and unassembled.
Putting it together is quite easy and took twenty minutes max with all the tools already given in the package.
The bench is sturdy and adequate for multiple exercise that you usually do on a bench at the gym.
I recommend it.
on December 29, 2014
After about 5 uses this seems to be a good quality bench. I will try to include in my review the information that I both found useful when i was shopping for benches, as well as, information I wished I'd had.
For reference I am 5'9" and about 175lbs.

Pros:
- The bench is a good fit for someone my size.
- The back rest is plenty long (~33") and not too wide (~13" at it's widest) and the height of the bench is about 18" (when flat).
- The seat is comfortable as well although some might find it to be a bit too deep (~17"). It is about 15" wide at the end and tapers down to about 12".
- Padding seems to be high density, good quality padding.
- Assembly was easy and all the holes lined up fine. Took me about 25 minutes to put it together.
- The bench does come with the leg pad which you really do need (see below re: the lack of seat tilt).

Cons (although some are minor and other are compensated for):
- The seat on this bench does not tilt. Result is that when you have the bench inclined (especially the middle incline) you end up having to fight to not slide down/off the seat. Hence the need for the leg pad.
- When in the flat or declined position the gap between the back and the seat is pretty big (about 4" when declined, slightly less when flat). This gap is less noticeable when inclined. In complete contrast, when you go to put the back in the upright position, you have to push the back against the resistance of it meeting the against the seat.
- The wheels are kind of useless on plush carpet.

Other:
- The material feels to be typical material that you would find on a bench at a gym so it seems it will be fairly durable although I cannot attest to that as I have not had the bench for that long and, as I mentioned initially, have only used it about 5 times.

Overall my initial impression is that this will be a good quality long lasting bench.
on February 9, 2016
The best bench for home workouts! I originally purchased the adjustable bowflex Dumbbells.. I wanted a quality bench, so I trusted this brand because the Dumbbells were so awesome! The bench is so easy to adjust quickly, so I can get through my workouts with ease... I really like the padding and the removable leg bar for sit-ups.. A super good quality product!
on May 17, 2016
First off , great product . I wanted something from bowflex , mainly because growing up that's the name I heard all the time . It was easy to assemble , I mean less than 10 mins for sure probably closer to 5. As far as the function it's great . I'm a fan of the wide seat. Some of these benches suck , and you can't sit comfortably . My only problem is something small rubber part falls off , the extension bar . Nothing crazy. I'd recommend it , so much so , I bought one for my brother .
review image
on February 3, 2016
We have one at work. Thinking I was buying one that the chair pad would angle like the one at work .. .wrong!
A word of caution!! You will slide off this bench when lifting heavier weights. Fine for light weight workouts.
Would not buy this one again or recommend it for heavier more serious lifters.
on February 28, 2016
Really great quality bench. Works great for regular bench press and military press. I'd not recommend for incline presses. The setting for incline has you sitting too upright which makes your butt slide forward, not safe and incorrect form. But if all you need it for is regular bench presses it's great!
on April 5, 2014
This bench was easy to assemble, it does come with two Allen Wrenches but you will also need your own tool for the 9/16 nuts. It has nice padding and I fit it well when doing exercises. My height is 6 feet. The adjustment works well but I kind of wish I would have bought the next level up with the two additional incline adjustments. But that was a lot more money. This bench is sturdy and appears well crafted to handle workouts.
on June 7, 2014
The decline is less than the 5.1. It's lacking those few extra positions really matters if a serious weight lifter. I thought this would be okay and I was wrong! I have ordered the 5.1 now. Wanna buy this one cheap?
on June 5, 2014
I was hesitant to buy this, but for the price, it is awesome. It's wider than many benches I've used, which is nice for a taller and broader guy like myself. It's sturdy. I just wish it wasn't a bunch more to buy the upgrade to the bench that has more incline options. But overall a very good buy.