1,356 Reviews
 (1,044)

1,016 of 1,046 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent solution for P90X or those that don't want a house full of weights
After a lot of consideration, I ended up purchasing these weights to use with P90X Extreme Home Fitness Workout Program - 13 DVDs, Nutrition Guide, Exercise Planner. The program calls for a lot of different weights, and I was tired of leaving 8 different dumbbells lying around on the floor of my den. After using these for roughly three months, I am very pleased with...
Published on February 16, 2010 by Scott

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Design, its just the ruggedness thats the problem
No question great design - 5 out of 5 rating for sure. Support is a 4, pretty good. Where they fall down is on ruggedness. There may be improvements in the 2009 versions but the main problem with my 2008 set is many of the parts are made with plastics. There is 52 lb maximum of weight and thats alot to ask to support of some of the types of plastics used to construct this...
Published on January 15, 2009 by Robert R. Rowntree

‹ Previous | 143 44 45136 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good., June 5, 2014
This review is from: Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells (Pair) (Sports)
No problems as of yet. They're definitely convenient, though as others said, they'r very wide which can be obnoxious sometimes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bowflex!!!, June 5, 2014
my husband is creating his own gym to avoid high gym prices in our community. These are great. Came ready to use out of the box. A much better deal than buying several individual weights and a great price when you compare to individual dumbells.! I was first to use them...easy to adjust weights and store.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, June 4, 2014
I'm doing the p90x and i didn't want to spend a fortune on a bunch of different weights. These are great, weights switches easily from one to the other, the only thing that's stoping me from giving it a perfect 5 is the dumbells are pretty long and don't allow you to fully bring your dumbells together when doing shoulder presses or any exercise that requires you to bring your dumbells together, however you still get 90% of the motion. Other than that, I'm pretty satisfied with my purchase. FYI all of the bowlfex dumbells sold specifically by amazon as they are authorized dealers and are updated and have corrected all the issues with the plastic on the older models, the new ones have black bases. You still don't want to drop them like your traditional dumbells, just put em back gently on their bases and you'll be good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great design, June 4, 2014
These work exactly as advertised. Very efficient way to have a full set of dumbbells. The only reason I don't give 5 stars is that the dumbbells are a little long, which can get in the way for some exercises (such as standing curls), but its not a big issue. (I'm told that's a much bigger issue for the higher weight model.) Definitely get the stand, as you need to place the dumbbells in their "tray" in order to make weight changes, and that's much easier to do with the stand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Dumbells, June 3, 2014
These dumbbells look good( If you care) and are easy to use. I personally like the grip that they have but I realize that's a subjective statement. It also comes with a exercise DVD which is kind of ridiculous since they decided to seriously lube up every part of the guy in the video. It's kind of disturbing actually haha.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great adjustable dumbbells, June 3, 2014
These work perfectly. They are easy to adjust and don't require you to unscrew and retention bolts like many adjustable free weights.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cool, June 2, 2014
Bryan D. Hicks (San Antonio, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I have a bowflex blaze...or something like that. This accompanies it great. So easy w/ the knob-turning. Looks cool too.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best!, June 2, 2014
I love these select-tech weights! Being able to switch up the amount of weight I need in a few seconds is priceless. I love the space saving aspect of these too--no more collection of dumbbells! The quality of the product is outstanding, as would be expected from bowflex. It is a little hard to dust in between the plates, but I can make it happen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hubby loves his b-day present, May 31, 2014
Yes, he loves them and so do I. they are so compact and high quality. We store in the living room and it's not a whole bunch of ugly weights hanging around. So worth the extra $$.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THESE, May 29, 2014
I absolutely LOVE these weights! So glad I got them. Makes my workouts so much easier than having several different individual sets of weights taking up floor space in my already small workout area. (I currently do the "Chalean Extreme" program and love using these weights while following along to those DVD's.) Price tag shock at first but well worth the investment!

‹ Previous | 143 44 45136 | Next ›

Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells (Pair)
$549.00 $295.29