Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: A Box of Bugs: 4 Pop-up Concept Books (David Carter's Bugs)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on January 28, 2013
My 2.5 year old daughter loves books! Every now and then I surprise her with a new shipment of books from Amazon. These books looked fun so I made it a winter day surprise. They are beautiful, bright, colorful, well made pop up books that do indeed teach concepts. However it is too young for ages listed. The counting concept book only goes to #6, The colors book only covers red, yellow, orange, green and purple. The other books are simple too. i think this is a fun set that kids will love but by 3 they are too old. Try 1.5 years old. I am glad that I already have them as my second daughter is only 6 months now and should enjoy these at the perfect age later.
on October 31, 2012
I confess. I am a connoisseur of pop-up books, and this little collection caught the eye of my 3 year old grand daughter shortly after I put it on the top shelf of her and her sister's bookcase at my house, hopefully out of the reach of little hands. I have always called these "grandma's SPECIAL books," telling them I need to help them read them. It is too easy for toddlers to ruin a wonderful pop-up book with their little unskilled hands jerking them open and closed and trying to figure out how they work. I understand that. I admit to the same curiosity. So I teach them how to read them with gentleness and much care. But to this day I cannot figure out how she was able to reach them, or to notice them on that top shelf. I was sitting in the same room, when I realized she was pouring over them and laughing. Now what grandma can refuse a sweet child's laughter and joy in reading? I hope David Carter continues to make his wonderful pop-up bug books, because they entertain children of ALL ages--even 60 somethings!
on January 20, 2013
I had hoped for a little more interesting pop ups from this. The illustrations are very cute, but there is nothing else to it. My 2 1/2 year old twins, who are very into another pop-up book (The very clever crocodile by jack tickle), were not at all interested in these.
on March 30, 2016
My 19-month-old loves these books. Though very simple, she likes the pop-ups and enjoys repeating the simple words. She has torn several of the pieces when reading less gently, but they were easy to repair. A warning that the books are very small--I had expected bigger when I ordered, though the tiny size isn't a problem.
on February 8, 2013
These books are small and colorful, but they are VERY basic "concept books". I expected the books to be a little more intricate; instead there are only a couple of pop-outs on each page. As with most pop-out books this should be used with adult supervision to ensure that they are not pulled apart.
on September 26, 2012
My 1-year-old just adores all these bug books. She thinks the popups are great. I have to be careful not to let her grab them, because she can tear them. The pages are thick paper but not board book-thick.
on December 31, 2013
We love pop-up books and these were an impulse buy from Amazon off their recommended list. They were right on target. My 2 1/2 year old son loves these books and they are the perfect size for him. Each page has at least one pop-up with fun motions, colors and simple text. All four get pulled out multiple times throughout the day and are turning out to be pretty tough too, only bounced off the couch 3 times this week. Great buy for small children and fun to read together.
on August 6, 2014
My three year old daughter loves these books. We read them a lot. The downfall is a three year old can easily tear a book and she has already torn some of the bugs out of them. We got a lot of use out of them and she still loves to read them even with the bug not being there.
on December 27, 2012
I bought this for my 3 year old daughter because she LOVES the feely bugs book, and this set is so cute! It is a VERY educational set that are well illustrated and short enough that keeps children's attention. Very colorful and the pop up is a plus. The only thing is that I wouldn't leave my daughter alone with these books because she could rip them out of excitement, but it's a overall great set.
on June 29, 2013
These are beautiful little books and I love how there is a little set. The books are very pretty and my daughter loves them. It is also nice packaging and good for organizing as you can just slide them back into the holder after. Definitely worth it.