5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to hide these from the grandkids!
Published 20 months ago by Nancy Walker

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but simple
I had hoped for a little more interesting pop ups from this. The illustrations are very cute, but there is nothing else to it. My 2 1/2 year old twins, who are very into another pop-up book (The very clever crocodile by jack tickle), were not at all interested in these.
Published 17 months ago by Genie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to hide these from the grandkids!, October 31, 2012
This review is from: A Box of Bugs: 4 Pop-up Concept Books (Hardcover)
I confess. I am a connoisseur of pop-up books, and this little collection caught the eye of my 3 year old grand daughter shortly after I put it on the top shelf of her and her sister's bookcase at my house, hopefully out of the reach of little hands. I have always called these "grandma's SPECIAL books," telling them I need to help them read them. It is too easy for toddlers to ruin a wonderful pop-up book with their little unskilled hands jerking them open and closed and trying to figure out how they work. I understand that. I admit to the same curiosity. So I teach them how to read them with gentleness and much care. But to this day I cannot figure out how she was able to reach them, or to notice them on that top shelf. I was sitting in the same room, when I realized she was pouring over them and laughing. Now what grandma can refuse a sweet child's laughter and joy in reading? I hope David Carter continues to make his wonderful pop-up bug books, because they entertain children of ALL ages--even 60 somethings!

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but simple, January 28, 2013
This review is from: A Box of Bugs: 4 Pop-up Concept Books (Hardcover)
My 2.5 year old daughter loves books! Every now and then I surprise her with a new shipment of books from Amazon. These books looked fun so I made it a winter day surprise. They are beautiful, bright, colorful, well made pop up books that do indeed teach concepts. However it is too young for ages listed. The counting concept book only goes to #6, The colors book only covers red, yellow, orange, green and purple. The other books are simple too. i think this is a fun set that kids will love but by 3 they are too old. Try 1.5 years old. I am glad that I already have them as my second daughter is only 6 months now and should enjoy these at the perfect age later.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but simple, January 20, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars good but boring, January 17, 2013
This review is from: A Box of Bugs: 4 Pop-up Concept Books (Hardcover)
For a cheaper set of pop up books the pop up parts are actually pretty good. But as far as the words go, these are way more boring then I expected. Although my child (13 mo) loves to read them, I can't stand them because they are basically one word to a page.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but simple, February 8, 2013
This review is from: A Box of Bugs: 4 Pop-up Concept Books (Hardcover)
These books are small and colorful, but they are VERY basic "concept books". I expected the books to be a little more intricate; instead there are only a couple of pop-outs on each page. As with most pop-out books this should be used with adult supervision to ensure that they are not pulled apart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fun, September 26, 2012
This review is from: A Box of Bugs: 4 Pop-up Concept Books (Hardcover)
My 1-year-old just adores all these bug books. She thinks the popups are great. I have to be careful not to let her grab them, because she can tear them. The pages are thick paper but not board book-thick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for diaper bag, July 8, 2012
This review is from: A Box of Bugs: 4 Pop-up Concept Books (Hardcover)
These little books are a life-saver when we are out to dinner or meeting with friends. My 8-month-old son loves the colors and pays very close attention when we go through these little books. They are great to have on the go and they are portable.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy!, May 4, 2014
This review is from: A Box of Bugs: 4 Pop-up Concept Books (Hardcover)
Our little boy who is almost 3 is in love with pop up books. These are 4 adorable books that our son makes us read to him every day. I definitely recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, April 8, 2014
This review is from: A Box of Bugs: 4 Pop-up Concept Books (Hardcover)
I'm loving David Carter's Pop-up books for my grandchildren. From ages 2 months to 4-years-old, they all love these books with a pop-up surprise on every page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Son Won't Put Them Down, December 31, 2013
This review is from: A Box of Bugs: 4 Pop-up Concept Books (Hardcover)
We love pop-up books and these were an impulse buy from Amazon off their recommended list. They were right on target. My 2 1/2 year old son loves these books and they are the perfect size for him. Each page has at least one pop-up with fun motions, colors and simple text. All four get pulled out multiple times throughout the day and are turning out to be pretty tough too, only bounced off the couch 3 times this week. Great buy for small children and fun to read together.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

A Box of Bugs: 4 Pop-up Concept Books
A Box of Bugs: 4 Pop-up Concept Books by David A. Carter (Hardcover - September 20, 2011)
$16.99 $14.52