Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 43 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 11, 2012 7:20:53 AM PDT
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=63485

It will be all the movies and the cosmic cube plus never before seen items in the suitcase from the Avengers

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 7:54:38 AM PDT
and it looks fkn stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 8:02:53 AM PDT
Desired FX says:
Here's a slightly better look at some of the images:

http://marvel.com/news/story/19054/marvel_cinematic_universe_box_set_art_revealed

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 9:30:33 AM PDT
As awesome as it looks I just can't justify spending that much when I already own the first 5 movies on Blu-Ray

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 11:58:51 AM PDT
dukpoki says:
i like everything except for the individual box art. the shadow pics look cheap.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012 12:26:19 PM PDT
Desired FX says:
I like them. They have an iconic feel.

Plus, they remind me of Samurai Jack, and that's never a bad thing.

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 11:35:31 AM PDT
KidInTheHall says:
Awesome, I held off on getting any of the movies hoping for this.

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 10:16:06 PM PDT
Fatlardo says:
I hope the case is metal and the in side is made with quality materials.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 9:51:18 AM PDT
Nicole says:
So now that the details are revealed, what do you guys think? Are you buying it? I pre-ordered but I'm still on the fence, because for one I don't have a 3D television.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 9:53:28 AM PDT
Frankly the 3D doesn't interest me because Thor, Cap and Avengers are all converted 3D not real 3D.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 10:54:24 AM PDT
i pre-ordered mine too. i recommend all though this is not a huge run for ur money buy it and keep it safe remember this is only phase 1 and that there is much more be made,so start buying ...try to be happy abt it becus im also on the edge of regretting this product... but i feel its jus the terrible art on the covers which gives it a bad name has i was expecting a live action pose by the heroes on the slip case however if we buy this marvel will know its a good sale therefore they have to make phase 2 and it should have u excited and be looking much better than this :D

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 1:30:57 PM PDT
S. Cincu says:
I couldn't disagree more about the art. I think the art deco style is fantastic, I prefer it to photos.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 2:47:25 PM PDT
KG204 says:
I don't think its the art (the art looks fantasic IMO) I think its more people look at it and think "$140? Thats too much!" since it appears (to them) they're paying extra money for a case and some pieces of paper.

My only gripes are these:
I would want to take the movies out and display them with the rest of my blu-rays on my shelf.
Although not a dealbreaker, would've enjoyed having DVDs of all of them, since for the same price, I could get the regular versions of the movies for the same price and only be missing a DVD version for the Incredible HULK (already own Iron Man).
I want the bonus features from Iron Man 1 + 2, which were included on a separate bonus disk. I don't want to buy them separately.

The case doesn't interest me, especially the tessaract, it looks too simple of a cube, and watching the youtube video of it looks poorly designed, like an LED placed into it that blinks. I would've maybe liked it if it glowed and faded in or out, but blinking? No.

The only thing thats giving me pause and might make me buy this set, is the bonus disc. I'm a sucker for bonus features, so I'd like to know whats on it. If there are enough good things, I'll buy it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 4:02:23 PM PDT
S. Cincu says:
That's a tough one, I doubt they'll list everything that's on the bonus disc.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 4:15:25 PM PDT
HEY they said they would release all the specifications to this product on july 15th hey amazon today is that date so why havent u updated anything yet 4 O.o hmmmmmmmmmm????

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 7:58:50 AM PDT
Desired FX says:
3D conversion is like any other Hollywood craft: it can be done well, or it can be done poorly. In the case of all three of these movies, the director and DP were told that Marvel would be releasing the movies in 3D and given the option to shoot in 3D or shoot 2D and post-convert. All three directors chose to shoot 2D.

Joss Whedon, in particular, shot the Thor stinger--where Fury reveals the Tesseract to Selvig while Loki looks on from another dimension--using a 3D camera, and found it impractical: the set-up added too much time to the shoot and killed energy. After the experience, he and his DP chose to shoot Avengers in 2D with 3D in mind.

The Amazing Spider-Man, on the other hand, was shot in 3D with a camera system from 3ality Technica and, frankly, didn't look nearly as good in IMAX 3D as The Avengers did.

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 8:49:14 AM PDT
paper tiger says:
Another video, closer look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FD5sQIV-D5U

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 10:09:06 AM PDT
But it is still the same product with the tesseract which has a led light that looks like its out of battery life. And then there are those cheap papers and prints i mean who really wants to pay 176.00 for something like this there should be artifacts like a replica of caps shield or thors hammer not prints of off google. and what about the art work its disgusting it looks so bad i was really hoping for some real pictures on the slip ons not on the inside of the briefcase if i were to really get a run for my money i would get a digital copy with this for each movie. the only hope i have for this product is phase 2 and if that limited edition is not made i will be extremely mad at marvel studios !

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2012 4:32:25 PM PDT
S. Cincu says:
Phase 1 is all of the movies leading up to Avengers. Phase 2 will be all of the movies leading up to Avengers 2.

I think what you're looking for is a little unrealistic. For not much more than the cost of buying all of the Blu Rays separately, you have an enormous case reproducing one of the movies props, the extra disc and all of the files. If it was caps shield or thor's hammer, you certainly wouldn't get both, then you have to consider the rest of the Avengers, what prop do you have for the hulk. For this set, the only prop that makes sense is the cosmic cube. By the way it's only 140, not 176.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2012 4:32:47 PM PDT
S. Cincu says:
Also, I really like the artwork.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2012 6:47:51 PM PDT
actually it is 176 because i live in Canada there for i have to pay 13% for tax ,shipping and handling charges ,and import fees which is 30 bucks ! idc if they couldnt make each specific prop for the set but the art work is the biggest disappointment i said it before and i will say it again they shouldn't have drawn and colored it for it looks like it was made in art class and not a production studio

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2012 7:31:19 PM PDT
S. Cincu says:
It's art deco, it looks very professional. It's fine that you don't like it, art is subjective, but it is objectively well done.

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 11:07:18 PM PDT
Already have the two Iron Man and the Incredible Hulk on blu-ray but I can buy this just for the cute Betty Ross photo. Nice details ;)

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 5:04:44 PM PDT
Hmm, I already have all of the movies except Avengers. But I really want the bonus disk which is unique to this collection.

Is there any information other than the marvel.com and youtube links? The only reason I'd be willing to splurge that much is for additional Loki content; but as far as I know, none of the goodies pertains to him...

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 7:24:28 PM PDT
don't be surprised if this gets delayed and/or altered though...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MyPersonalInsaneAsylum/news/?a=65183
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  18
Total posts:  43
Initial post:  Jul 11, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) [Blu-ray]
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) [Blu-ray] by Robert Downey Jr. (Blu-ray - 2013)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (524)