Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on July 6, 2014
tips for reinforcement (1st 2 tips from prior reviews):
1) use the original box this house was shipped in as a "floor" for the house. We secured it with packing tape.
2) reinforce seams and tabs with packing tape

3) I noticed that on shipment the point of the gables were bent. This house takes a beating nicely but I reinforced the gables from the inside with takeout chopsticks. On the gable above the doors the walls come to points that enter slots on the roof. The points of the walls don't extend through the slots very far so I taped a chopstick on the inside and the chopstick sticks out the slot a bit. It adds extra security for the roof. The chopstick can easily be trimmed with scissors. I'm sure a popsicle stick would work just as well.

4) Creative tip: my kids have been painting the house with watercolors. The floor catches any drips. Very fun!

This house is large. I can fit in it with my 4 year old, 1 year old, and a few stuffed animals.
on June 25, 2012
At my work place we have yearly Halloween Costume contest. This year my department decided to be a cast from Wizard of Oz. I was Dorothy's house. (Please see the picture which I added to the listing).

This Play House was the perfect prop for the costume. It was very durable. I've been carrying it on top of me whole day, bumping into office furniture, spinning it around, and couple of times we had to disassemble it to fit through the office doors. And through out the day and constant abuse it still held up pretty well.

The only negative thing I found with it were the markers. There weren't too many colors available. But that was remedied by getting some extra markers from Staples and some spray paint from the hardware store.

Overall I would really recommend this Play House for the kids or any other alternative use you may find for it :)
review image
on September 17, 2011
Our son started walking at 11 month, and he loved opening and closing doors so we got this for him. From the first moment he saw it he loved it. Indeed he loved the doors. We taped up one side so he could just use one and when that one got beat up we turned the house around so he could use the opposite door. He is a strong little guy so by 16 months old he started pushing the whole house around so we took it down. We have a small townhouse and this was a great short term, indoor toy for our son to use.
on April 25, 2015
Received the play house right on time for my daughter's 5 y.o. birthday party. Boy, was it a hit! Kids colored the house with water colors, decorated with glitter glue, ran in and out. They were playing with it for hours. It was big enough to fit 5 kids in. Love the product.
on November 20, 2012
A very fun & affordable way to entertain the kids on a rainy day. We used duct tape on the inside to reinforce it and hopefully make the cardboard hold up longer.
on June 12, 2013
I bought this over a year ago for my 2daughters, ages 1 and 3. It has provided hours of entertainment - coloring, playing house, hiding, and the baby loves opening the doors and windows. After 15 months we have lost the doors but everything else is still very sturdy.
on January 17, 2014
Bought a similar playhouse for my granddaughter who is now 20. It was used for many years by three other grandchildren, boys as well as girls. This one was for my grandniece who immediately placed her "blankie" inside.
My original playhouse had colored siding with separate pictures and flowers the child could place in or around the house as they chose. Definitely better than 4 markers.

Would recommend the hours of fun provided by this product.
on January 16, 2015
Purchased this for my 3 year old's birthday party. It arrived in a large, thin box but it was damaged on one corner, so part of the "house" was damaged. Putting it together was fairly easy - it consists of 4-5 cardbox pieces that you interlock into each other, so it requires no tools or cutting. My major complaint is that the main part of the house (with the door, windows, etc) is not very sturdy - it consists of two identical pieces that you fold into each other. As a result, it doesn't really hold its shape, and it required a lot of packing tape to keep the parts together. Even if you pre-fold the pieces to try to make them retain their shape, they don't want to stay so you'll be forced to do something to help it.

It comes with four markers, which worked fine but we purchased an additional set of markers since we were having four children at the party. The kids had fun overall coloring, but seemed to grow tired of it quickly - there isn't a lot to do except scribble on the cardboard and there isn't much on it to color except for a bird and some round shapes on the roof.

Would I purchase it again? Probably not. It isn't as sturdy as I would like, and the kids grew tired of it quickly, and now I have it sitting in my family room. The only reason I still have it is my cats seem to like it.
on June 13, 2014
I bought this for my kids to have a fun project for summer and they absolutely love it. It is very sturdy and plenty to color. My 9 year old was almost able to put it together herself. We had to move it from one room to the other and it was easy to take apart and put back together. It is fairly strong but starting to show some wear. Tape will reinforce it. It is, after all, cardboard. I chose this one over the bigger one that was $75 dollars because I didn't want to shell out that kind of money for something they wouldn't like or play with. I think I made the right choice because this one is pretty big (I can get in it), it was cheaper and they love it. A great purchase!
on December 29, 2014
Wow, my son loves this house. It's true what they say, a box is a kid's best friend. And these certainly fit that bill. My six year old has not stopped playing in it since Christmas. And he got legos, toy cars, video games and more, but he loves this house. It was easy enough to put together. Two of us took about three minutes. It is pretty sturdy, though it is cardboard so not meant for outdoors. It is bigger than I expected it to be, which was nice. My son asked to sleep in it. Great for the price. LOVE IT!