5.0 out of 5 stars you won't be disappointed
tips for reinforcement (1st 2 tips from prior reviews):
1) use the original box this house was shipped in as a "floor" for the house. We secured it with packing tape.
2) reinforce seams and tabs with packing tape

Published 5 months ago by Dani

1.0 out of 5 stars INADEQUATE PACKAGING
I ordered one of these, it arrived in a cardboard box that was less sturdy than the cardboard for the house, with nothing inside to protect the house. Box arrived crushed causing the points the roof sits on to be crushed and bent. I complained to Amazon about the packaging, received a refund, ordered another. Guess what? It arrived in the same box and lack of packing...
Published 12 months ago by Jolene K. Penton

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars you won't be disappointed, July 6, 2014
This review is from: Box Creations Corrugated Play House - Markers Included (Toy)
tips for reinforcement (1st 2 tips from prior reviews):
2) reinforce seams and tabs with packing tape

3) I noticed that on shipment the point of the gables were bent. This house takes a beating nicely but I reinforced the gables from the inside with takeout chopsticks. On the gable above the doors the walls come to points that enter slots on the roof. The points of the walls don't extend through the slots very far so I taped a chopstick on the inside and the chopstick sticks out the slot a bit. It adds extra security for the roof. The chopstick can easily be trimmed with scissors. I'm sure a popsicle stick would work just as well.

4) Creative tip: my kids have been painting the house with watercolors. The floor catches any drips. Very fun!

This house is large. I can fit in it with my 4 year old, 1 year old, and a few stuffed animals.

4.0 out of 5 stars Halloween costume!, June 25, 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
At my work place we have yearly Halloween Costume contest. This year my department decided to be a cast from Wizard of Oz. I was Dorothy's house. (Please see the picture which I added to the listing).

This Play House was the perfect prop for the costume. It was very durable. I've been carrying it on top of me whole day, bumping into office furniture, spinning it around, and couple of times we had to disassemble it to fit through the office doors. And through out the day and constant abuse it still held up pretty well.

The only negative thing I found with it were the markers. There weren't too many colors available. But that was remedied by getting some extra markers from Staples and some spray paint from the hardware store.

Overall I would really recommend this Play House for the kids or any other alternative use you may find for it :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun rainy-day activity w the kids, November 20, 2012
A very fun & affordable way to entertain the kids on a rainy day. We used duct tape on the inside to reinforce it and hopefully make the cardboard hold up longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars great toy!, June 12, 2013
I bought this over a year ago for my 2daughters, ages 1 and 3. It has provided hours of entertainment - coloring, playing house, hiding, and the baby loves opening the doors and windows. After 15 months we have lost the doors but everything else is still very sturdy.

5.0 out of 5 stars 11month old Loved it the Moment he saw it!, September 17, 2011
Our son started walking at 11 month, and he loved opening and closing doors so we got this for him. From the first moment he saw it he loved it. Indeed he loved the doors. We taped up one side so he could just use one and when that one got beat up we turned the house around so he could use the opposite door. He is a strong little guy so by 16 months old he started pushing the whole house around so we took it down. We have a small townhouse and this was a great short term, indoor toy for our son to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect playhouse, January 17, 2014
Bought a similar playhouse for my granddaughter who is now 20. It was used for many years by three other grandchildren, boys as well as girls. This one was for my grandniece who immediately placed her "blankie" inside.
My original playhouse had colored siding with separate pictures and flowers the child could place in or around the house as they chose. Definitely better than 4 markers.

Would recommend the hours of fun provided by this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun for Toddlers. No Instructions or Pens Came Though, March 25, 2012
The product arrived without any instructions of the pens which was disappointing.

We figured out how to construct the house and my little boy has had fun playing with it ever since. It looks lovely and he's really enjoying it. I've been invited into his house for tea and cake already :-)

Its a shame that I had to get a friend in the US to get this on my behalf and FedEx it to me in the UK. But it was worth it.

Definitely money well spent!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Xmas Gift Ever!, January 23, 2013
This is a wonderful product. Easy to assemble with tabs and notches, perfect size for our 2 year old. We all had fun drawing on it with the markers. A fabulous value, and when it's in the way just fold it up and lean it against the wall.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Much Fun, June 13, 2014
I bought this for my kids to have a fun project for summer and they absolutely love it. It is very sturdy and plenty to color. My 9 year old was almost able to put it together herself. We had to move it from one room to the other and it was easy to take apart and put back together. It is fairly strong but starting to show some wear. Tape will reinforce it. It is, after all, cardboard. I chose this one over the bigger one that was $75 dollars because I didn't want to shell out that kind of money for something they wouldn't like or play with. I think I made the right choice because this one is pretty big (I can get in it), it was cheaper and they love it. A great purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Fun Play House, March 30, 2014
My kids, 4 & 2 yrs old have been playing with this house all winter. I have had to tape it in a few places but that's to be expected with a cardboard house that gets lots of use. The markers that it comes with are a little tricky for my 2 yr old to color with but she was fine just using crayons and stickers. The house even survived my son's birthday party in tact. I would highly recommend it. It had definitely kept my kids entertained. They have really enjoyed decorating it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›